Are these Monster Turbine Pro Gold Edition Real or Fake???
Dec 23, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #31 of 33

Quote:
Hi, am new here, but I've been looking for some mid end headphones and I think that monster turbine were pretty much what I've been looking for, I found this offer at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-Audiophile-Speaker-ControlTalk/dp/B002NTPLXM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322115589&sr=8-3 so I'd like to know if Amazon its an autorized dealer from Monster or any usefull info that can be used to find out if it ok or we are getting riped, thanks everyone for ur help =).

That doesn't look right. You have to look at the items either sold directly or fulfilled by Amazon.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #32 of 33
My usual theory is this: If you have to question if something is fake, it usually is.

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #33 of 33
Just a little input - even though these are returned/filed against a claim

I have to say that those look 100% real - the ONLY thing that stops me from thinking that is, the plastic wrapping around the splitter + the non-inclusion of the super tips.
Your actual best bet was to contact mosnter US or EU, and ask them if they have updated their packaging etc recently or not.

If they hadn't = then the seller took things out the box.
If they hadn't and they were filmed up = they are fake

If monster DID replace the packaging and contents = they are real

I do have to say that FAKE MTPC's did sound good, but when you compared them to the REAL ones they stood no chance.
All this fake business really pisses me off, how they are identical to the real pairs. God knows how many "noob audiophiles" have been caught out.

Even audiophiles like me, and probably yourself always wonder to ourselves...are these real or fakes? Is it due to the sound signature or is it due to build...and so on...

Oh just for your information:
"If I were you, I would return them anyway. The limited lifetime warranty does not cover second hand owners. Even if they were brand new, it needs to be purchased from an athorized dealer for the warranty to be acnowleged by Monster."

THIS IS NOT ENTIRELY TRUE. 
Monster does cover a lifetime warranty even if you are the 10th owner. AS LONG as you can prove the ORIGINAL purchase was made from an AUTHORISED DEALER. No idea about your dealer, as from the paypal transaction i can't be sure who that is or if they are or aren't authorised. 

Thing is even if they were paypal transaction isn't a proof that monster would accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back