Are these ATH-ESW9 real?
Apr 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #2 of 9
They are established in hong kong yet they use a UK domain. Although its not a fact, its a sign that they want to hide something or attract views.

Also i have seen every single earphones they sell in fakes. From sennheiser ie8, monster series, lady gaga and AT onto. They sell the most popular iems that have been faked and are widely sold in alibaba in lot numbers.
Last but not least, the prices are very low at all of their products. Not only one or two like most legit stores. IMO they cann't provide such low prices in all of their products if they were genuine. Manufacturers want some share of the pie and that's more than the half  of the retail price.
rolleyes.gif

You can always send them an email, and ask them for yourself.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 9
Well I emailed em saying:

Hi there, I came across this website while randomly browsing. I'm curious whether these ATH-ESW9 are real or fake because the low price tag makes it very suspicious, even though it looks like a legit website.

http://www.headphonestore.org.uk/ATH-ESW9.html

check out their reply...

[size=11pt]Dear Jonathan,[/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]We do not have model ATH-ESW9. The closest I can find to this is the ATH-ESW10 (please see image below). Unfortunately, this was a limited edition model and only 1000 was made. They are now discontinued with no further production of the model scheduled. A full range of our headphones can be viewed on our website www.audiotechnicashop.com[/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]

What...I don't even....WHAT!!?!?

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #8 of 9
75 pounds for an ESW9, one of the pics shows it has some aftermarket cable on it while the other ones don't which means they just ripped them from somewhere.
The wood also looks like it's painted on plastic, and you still have to ask if it's a legit site?

That's just ..

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
75 pounds for an ESW9, one of the pics shows it has some aftermarket cable on it while the other ones don't which means they just ripped them from somewhere.
The wood also looks like it's painted on plastic, and you still have to ask if it's a legit site?

That's just ..

Yea I did not notice that. I'm 100% sure these are fake now after checking out other products they sell (ferrari beats?). Come on, in my defense headphonestore.org.uk is a pretty good url...no? Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic. Anyway, thanks for the replies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back