Are there any Circumaural (cover ears) headphones that are foldable?
Aug 17, 2012 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tight_budget

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking for a set of headphones that I can fold up, put in a carrying case and bring with me on business trips. Supra-aurals and IEMs will not be as comfortable for extended listening sessions, so circumaural would be best. However I don't know any that can be stored easily in a suitcase or bag. 

You guys are a lot more knowledgeable. Please help a newbie. thanks!

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 8
Ultrasone HFI-580's can be folded up, and sound awesome with a lot of different types of music.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a set of headphones that I can fold up, put in a carrying case and bring with me on business trips. Supra-aurals and IEMs will not be as comfortable for extended listening sessions, so circumaural would be best. However I don't know any that can be stored easily in a suitcase or bag. 

Heya,

Basically anything with "DJ" labeled on it will fold up pretty well.

What kind of sound signature are you looking for? What's your budget?

Very best,

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Hi all,

The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 folds very nicely, and is a great choice for newbies :)

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 8
The V-moda M80's aren't foldable, but they come with a pretty compact hard carry case. The Pioneer SE-MJ591's are foldable and also come with a hard carry case.

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
The V-moda M80's aren't foldable, but they come with a pretty compact hard carry case. The Pioneer SE-MJ591's are foldable and also come with a hard carry case.

If you're going to mention the M-80s you might as well mention the M-100s, which are circumaural and foldable. They just aren't out yet. Pioneer HDJ-2000 for a foldable circumaural out right now, it isn't mentioned on Head Fi very much but it's worth the look.

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Hi all,

inb4 ATH-M50s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back