Are the V-Moda Crossfade LPs worth 60 bucks?
Dec 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jimmyz

100+ Head-Fier
V-Moda is running a special promotion for employees of the company I work for, which is 70% off all V-Moda headphones. That brings the price of the Crossfade LPs down to 60 bucks. I am thinking of buying them as throw around/travel headphones, as it wouldn't be a huge loss if they broke or I lost them. But are they worth 60, or can I do better at 60 bucks?

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Buy, then sell for profit. Simple.

Sound quality wise, I can't say, but they seem like they are aimed at the mainstream audience. (BOOMING bass)

Of course, I could be completely wrong, I would be pleaseantly surprised if blow every other headphone out of the water and sound like they are drizzled with honey made by angels.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 7
If nothing else they'd be worth it for the brainmassage (read BIG bass) I'd definitely pick up for for $60 but sound quality wise I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't worth no more than $60. 

(If you don't like them you could always sell them to me, I'm somewhat interested in trying them but wouldn't pay the retail price for them though). 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 7
I am not supposed to sell them for 1 year. So I would have to keep them.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 7
I would definitely recommend them at 60.  The bass is really impressive, and the rest is somewhat mediocre.  Worst case, you can resell, but I would definitely call them keepers at 60.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I am not supposed to sell them for 1 year. So I would have to keep them.

Aww too bad. ^^ But yea $60 sounds cheap, I had bought them but the treble is very veiled on them so you would probably need to boost them on EQ to get somewhat decent sound and they seem to be among the very bassiest headphones that exist, see the 3 v-shaped bass reflex ports at back?

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Hmm 60 Bucks try it out!. I own them They ar alittle Dark, and bass heavy. But they are fun to listen to ! And durable too!. You can do a little mod that opens them up alittle too. !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back