Are the RE0 /REZERO the best sounding (Dynamic) IEM for there price?
Feb 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 20
You need to define "Best Sounding".

The RE0 is probably has one of the best "Reference" sounds out there for dynamics. Clear, cold, somewhat treble forward, and unflinchingly analytical. 

I think the reason the RE0 is used in so many reviews is because
a) it's somewhat of a Head-fi darling that many people here have heard
b) it is so good at producing a clear analytical sound that it's become a defining headphone for that sound sig.

For myself, that's not how I like to listen to my music. So IMHO it's not the best "sounding" dynamic headphone.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 20
^ bjaardker said it best.

If that clear, cold, analytical sound signature is what you want, go for them. I've had my RE0 for about a year now and I still love them as much now as I did then but I do find myself EQing up the bass when listening to my Hip-Hop R&B and Jazz tracks.

For what they are, they are among the best IEMs you can get for the price, without a doubt but you need to be sure that you're interested in their particular sound signature.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 20
RE0 is a beast to drive, I have to drive them with my full-size headphone amp, it really brings out the bass and mid, and treble is also a lot smoother and still very clear.

When umamped, RE0 really isn't anything special, they only present about 30% of their true potential. When properly amped, it's not difficult for RE0 to go on par with most sub $150 - 200 IEMs.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 20
Just got mine yesterday 

While I don't have a lot to compare it to (these are my first iem's), compared to my sr60's, my ksc75's and ksc35's, they are severly lacking in the bass department...Sounds like someone disconnected the leads to the woofers in a sound system.  What is there is very clear and detailed...I'm thinking I may need to get an amp, like the Arrow 12 he with the bass boost circuit to get the sound I'm looking for.

Steve

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #10 of 20
Feb 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 20
Thanks for the replies,I like to hear detail in music,thats why there professional musicians they bring something others cant, so why color its true sound?  I'm pretty convinced on the sound I want.Two more questions are the REZERO's worth the extra $20? Do they give you something better that the RE0's dont?Maybe from somebody thats had both for a little while.And do the Xcape's also suffer the same bass problem?

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #12 of 20
YMMV, for starter I found Re-Zero to be boring and prefer PL50 for on the road listening, plus they're mighty comfortable, built better than re-zero and cost almost half (lighter hit on your pocket if something goes wrong).

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #13 of 20
The RE0 sound awesome, but my problem is build quality.  Mine crapped out after a year of use (one of the phones went out at the connector - and yes I have the newer L-shaped one).  I would be willing to pay more for the same sounding RE0 with a sturdier cord design - and hopefully less microphonics.  If someone has a model that accomplishes this, I would greatly appreciate the suggestion.

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #14 of 20

Quote:
Thanks for the replies,I like to hear detail in music,thats why there professional musicians they bring something others cant, so why color its true sound?  I'm pretty convinced on the sound I want.Two more questions are the REZERO's worth the extra $20? Do they give you something better that the RE0's dont?Maybe from somebody thats had both for a little while.And do the Xcape's also suffer the same bass problem?

xcape has two versions. Older v1 and newer v2.  Joker's review says even though xcape v1 has more bass the RE0, it is still a iem will not satisfy bass heads. The upcoming v2 is said to have more bass. You need to wait for the review for that.  Personally I find the bass on xcapes v1s satisfactory. Just like RE0s, it has good quality bass-though you  might need amping for to see this with RE0s, but RE-zeros are said to be ok, and it does have some impact to it, too. Comparing them to my m6's, bass quality is much better: it is tighter, it goes deeper, you hear much more tones of bass. But m6 rattles your brain, xcapes won't. 

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #15 of 20
I dont need skull rattling bass,just when i listen to rap or hip hop im not sitting there just thinking about the unbalanced sound because of lack of bass.Any ideas on when the Sunrise Xcape's V2 are coming out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back