Are the ATH-AD700 supposed to be really loud?
Dec 22, 2010 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hulk

New Head-Fier
When I plug them in my computer it's blaring loud. I have to set the windows master volume on 1% and lower whatever else im listening to also. I also tried them on my sister computer which has vista on it and still the same. tried it with the ipod and i can still hear the music even tho i set the volume on 0%. i uninstalled the audio driver and that didnt work. also when i plug them into my steelseries usb soundcard it gets even louder. Is my headphone defective?

im on win7 using on-board sound with the headphone plug into the jack in front of the computer case.

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 5
This happens to my Denon IEMs as well, so I don't think it's your headphones. Also, some cheap headphones I have does this as well. I think it's something to do with the computer, and not the headphones.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Nope they are not that loud, You have mentioned that on the iPod is also loud? now that is weird i have listened to them on about half way volume on my iPod since they are 40 ohms.

But sometimes depends on the computer, have u tried to update the sound drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back