Are Sennheiser HD650 headphones really this bad?
Nov 21, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #46 of 59
dude, my snneheiser 650's are so awful, they mak horrible grating and farting sounds like chimpanzees flying through the air on drugs, and I can hear fuzzy sounds even when my amp is off I don't know why my headphones are so bad. they also have terrible quality, my headphone actually exploded -- i dint play it to loud, man ..my eardrum usually bleedslike that... when i listen to music.. i don tknow. why but anyway, my headphones exploded and my amp exploded too and now im dead. bye.

btw - im not really dead, but the explosions were really cool and stuff. actually i just got a tube stuck in my nose now. its a vintage marmalade and it really stinks, i can tseem to plug it in right, it keeps getting stuck.. so i forced it and it now its stuck. sorry i have to go now.

Nov 21, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #47 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
dude, my snneheiser 650's are so awful, they mak horrible grating and farting sounds like chimpanzees flying through the air on drugs, and I can hear fuzzy sounds even when my amp is off I don't know why my headphones are so bad. they also have terrible quality, my headphone actually exploded -- i dint play it to loud, man ..my eardrum usually bleedslike that... when i listen to music.. i don tknow. why but anyway, my headphones exploded and my amp exploded too and now im dead. bye.

btw - im not really dead, but the explosions were really cool and stuff. actually i just got a tube stuck in my nose now. its a vintage marmalade and it really stinks, i can tseem to plug it in right, it keeps getting stuck.. so i forced it and it now its stuck. sorry i have to go now.

Surely, you jest?
confused.gif

Feb 17, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #52 of 59
From my experience the HD-650 sounds good the first 20 hours, then it heads off into a vagueish mess of sound for the next 200-250 hours before it starts to settle down again into an entirely different sound compared to the beginning.

Give it around 300 hours and the bass heaviness will disappear to be replaced by a lightfooted fast and attacking bass with serious depth and articulation.
Seriously! Burn in is myth. Many have tried to find a difference between a burned in and a brand new headphone and none could measure a difference. Or are you saying our ears can detect the difference that measuring equipments cannot, which don't make any sense. It's all in your head.

Feb 17, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #53 of 59
Well, first post was from someone used to Ultrasone cans known for piercing treble. Of course HD650 sounds like from far behind a thick felt in comparison, burn in or not ...

Feb 17, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #54 of 59
And the last post before today was from 16 years ago. Hopefully by now all the questions on burn in etc. have long been answered :D

Feb 17, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #55 of 59
This was an interesting thread.... had over 50 replies in about 24 hours...then nothing for 16 years! And now here we are...

Feb 17, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #56 of 59
And the last post before today was from 16 years ago. Hopefully by now all the questions on burn in etc. have long been answered :D

Always fun with some necroposting :)

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #57 of 59
Going from a different sound signature (something with emphasized higher frequencies) to Sennheisers always require brain burn-in. Fact: I felt the HD650s were dull and laid back coming from Hifiman HE-400i. I got used to it though and paired it with other amps (i.e. iFi Micro) to have the bass boost and they sound better to me now compared to the first few hours of listening to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back