Are Port Pro's the perfect headphone?
Oct 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

KneelJung

1000+ Head-Fier
OK maybe the cords to short for a home rig, and maybe there are some issues with the headband, but I dont have a whole lot of hair, despite what my avatar pic might indicate..

Got my Porta Pro's plugged into the Sparrow and they are rockin it.

Lot's of tight quick bass, mids are pretty good, and there's even a lot of detail (enough anyway)

Anyway they are so light you hardly know their your on your head and they are fun...fun...fun.

Say you want to be a rolling stone
Get your sail out in the wind
Get out on the highway and let 'er roll on
Roll on back to someplace you ain't never been
Hey, hey

When I was younger I was hard to hold
Seem like I was always goin'
Which ever way the wind would blow
Now that travelin' spirit calls me again

Callin' me back to where it all begins...

L3000.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 13
There is no perfect headphone. Or anything.

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 13
No, there are no such thing as "the perfect" headphone.
For the price it sure is a nice pair of headphones, but it come way short sound quality wise to larger and higher crafted ones. Comfort wise they come a bit short as well.

I love my pairs, but take them for what they are!
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
There is no perfect headphone. Or anything.

Obviously the Porta Pro isnt the perfect headphone King. I just happened to be really enjoying them when I tossed up the post.If you read it again I listed a couple of imperfections of the so called perfect phone. Another fatal flaw for the Porta Pro is it's cost. It doesnt cost nearly enough for how fun it is.

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 13
You should recable your PortaPro if you ever get bored with it years from now.
My DJ100 broke and I couldn't repair it with the silver wire I got, so I did something stupid and recabled my KSC75 (that's in my Porta Pro case/headband) with it. Just for "fun".
Even for someone that doesn't know how to solder very well, it was stupid easy. The solder area has like little doors on them that snap off!

It's just amazing how much more detail there is. It's really huge and someone would have to be deaf not to hear the difference. There also seems to be a lot more bass.
Unfortunately the cable is super annoying and feels like thin metal coat hangers when it moves around, I really need to sleeve it. I wasn't a believer of cables making a difference until now. Silver wire is too expensive though. I think it was around $45. I may buy some more for my SR-80 though.

Porta Pro is one nice headphone, but for some reason I always preferred my KSC75 with a Parts Express headband or Porta Pro headband. I just love those Koss titanium drivers.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #8 of 13
Porta Pros are the most common sight around here in the public even more common than Skullcandy, that says a lot. xD Almost each time I travel with bus I see some1 listening to his/her porta pro, sometimes up to 3-4 ppl in the same bus.

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Wrong forum - should be in the portable headphones forum.

And of course the PortaPro is indeed the perfect headphones - for some.

Perhaps, my apologies...but I was using my home rig.

And technically speaking, if they are the perfect headphone that would make them  an acceptable topic in either forum
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #10 of 13
Technically speaking? Wrong forum. This is the full size headphones forum. A discussion of the PortaPro is perfectly acceptable in the portable headphones forum. 

Quote:
Perhaps, my apologies...but I was using my home rig.  
And technically speaking, if they are the perfect headphone that would make them  an acceptable topic in either forum
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 13

tdockweiler said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

My DJ100 broke and I couldn't repair it with the silver wire I got, so I did something stupid and recabled my KSC75 (that's in my Porta Pro case/headband) with it. Just for "fun".
Even for someone that doesn't know how to solder very well, it was stupid easy. The solder area has like little doors on them that snap off!

It's just amazing how much more detail there is. It's really huge and someone would have to be deaf not to hear the difference. There also seems to be a lot more bass.
Unfortunately the cable is super annoying and feels like thin metal coat hangers when it moves around, I really need to sleeve it. I wasn't a believer of cables making a difference until now. Silver wire is too expensive though. I think it was around $45. I may buy some more for my SR-80 though.

Porta Pro is one nice headphone, but for some reason I always preferred my KSC75 with a Parts Express headband or Porta Pro headband. I just love those Koss titanium drivers.

It's comprehensive, Thanks for your instruction! Now I got it.

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:

I bought a soldering Iron yesterday and just soldered a silver cable that I had on my SR60 to the Porta Pro
atsmile.gif

And you are quite right someone would have to be deaf not to hear the difference, it's like adding an amp to the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back