Are people afraid to get involved, or just don't care??
Oct 26, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #17 of 134
Was the one raped a female? If so my righteous indignation of righteousness will crush them all! In other news, small children continue to be sold as wives in developing nations.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #18 of 134
that is just disgusting behavior. I have a feeling that the people threatened the teenagers not to say something and they didn't join in to help the girl get to safety. However, when they left the locker room, they should have at least told someone...

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #20 of 134
Caught it on the channel 5 news. 4-7 raped her and beat her senseless. The 10 who just watched and did nothing will most likly be charged with accessory or something. My friends GF was gang raped at gun point as a teen, and she's still messed up from it.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #22 of 134
^#1 prison rape is not a ******* joke, and while these people do deserve some pretty extreme punishment, I wouldn't wish rape on anyone.

#2, we all talk big here on the forum, but what would we really have done in that situation? 4-7 people intent on carrying out this act, and another 10 who were more than likely in on it in some way, no way would I try and pull any hero **** unless I was carrying.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #23 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^#1 prison rape is not a ******* joke, and while these people do deserve some pretty extreme punishment, I wouldn't wish rape on anyone.

#2, we all talk big here on the forum, but what would we really have done in that situation? 4-7 people intent on carrying out this act, and another 10 who were more than likely in on it in some way, no way would I try and pull any hero **** unless I was carrying.

Agreed. Things don't sort out right just because you try to be heroic. It's easy to talk big on the internet until you land in these situations.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #24 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. Things don't sort out right just because you try to be heroic. It's easy to talk big on the internet until you land in these situations.

It is, of course, easy to talk tough over the internet, but the OP reported it occurred over a two hour period. You mean someone couldn't have somehow slipped away and called the police -- or done something?
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #26 of 134
In general, people do not want to get involved, because they are scared of repercussion or they do not want to be bothered with getting involved as it would affect their normal day. Either way, doing nothing is absolutely ridiculous. I cannot wrap my mind around standing there and doing nothing. It is disgusting.

Yes, it is easy to talk big on a forum, but I sure as hell would have done something. I probably would be injured and be involved in a police report, but for Chrissakes, that girl is someone's daughter!!! All I have to do is look at my daughters and son to know that I would kill for them. At the very least, I would go down trying to help that girl. Think about it: would you not want someone trying to help your daughter if she was being raped?

Think about all the situations that might have been different of people actually took a stand... 9/11 anyone? (Mods, you can edit that part...)

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #27 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is, of course, easy to talk tough over the internet, but the OP reported it occurred over a two hour period. You mean someone couldn't have somehow slipped away and called the police -- or done something?
confused_face(1).gif

Without researching this particular incident, I can only suggest the possibility that 10 bystanders saw a woman being exploited but not raped. Rape was defined after the incident during the investigation. Again, I am only assuming this because I can not see 10 people standing there if a women was kicking or screaming her assailants. But I could see this reaction if the woman was buzzed or passed out to deny them consent.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #28 of 134
All the witnesses should be charged as accessories to the crime. And the DA better not wuss out on that, either. It's too late to stop this crime, but it should be made very clear that doing nothing will put you in the can, as well.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #29 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without researching this particular incident, I can only suggest the possibility that 10 bystanders saw a woman being exploited but not raped. Rape was defined after the incident during the investigation. Again, I am only assuming this because I can not see 10 people standing there if a women was kicking or screaming her assailants. But I could see this reaction if the woman was buzzed or passed out to deny them consent.

They beat her. Pretty obvious this is not your typical "buyer's remorse". I agree with Uncle Eric, all bystanders should be punished.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #30 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face(1).gif

From what I've read, it was a secluded area where a bunch of lowlifes got her too drunk to stand, then raped her with a small crowd of fellow lowlifes onlooking. Nothing was done because no one cared to see it stopped. Less bystander effect, more societal breakdown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it is easy to talk big on a forum, but I sure as hell would have done something. I probably would be injured and be involved in a police report, but for Chrissakes, that girl is someone's daughter!!!

Against a couple of dozen (possibly armed) males? You'd likely be dead or dying if you did anything other than pull back a couple hundred meters and call in the cops. Wouldn't be too much help to the girl in that situation either. I almost always carry when legal, but 'the better part of valor is discretion' and I rather like living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back