Are my Sennheiser IE8's real?
Aug 13, 2010 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

scotty2012

Head-Fier
Hi All

I purchased a pair of Sennheiser IE8's from http://www.scan.co.uk/

I checked the Sennheiser website and this company are listed as a retailer.
Does this mean they are genuine?

Many thanks in advanced

Scotty

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 20
you can always email sennheiser for confirmation.

Aug 13, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 20
Scan are a reputable company, i have used them several times, i don't believe you have anything to worry about but as has been said above contact Sennheiser if your really worried.

Aug 13, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #6 of 20

Quote:
Scan are a reputable company, i have used them several times, i don't believe you have anything to worry about but as has been said above contact Sennheiser if your really worried.

Hi

They do seem like a very reputable company so I guess my concerns are pointless. I guess I'm just paranoid what with all the horror stories of people getting ripped off with fakes.
I have emailed Senhheiser just to be sure but as you said they are most probably genuine.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #11 of 20
Hi all

Having looked at the fake and real IE comparison pictures on the other thread, I have noticed that a lot of the details on the real IE8s are the same as mine i.e small lines surrounding the 'S' and the colouring on the box etc...

However, the red chip that is in the right earphone doesn't seem to be as visible as the ones seen in the comparison photo's.

I'm confused. can Sennheiser tell me if mine are genuine by the serial number?

Scotty

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #12 of 20
I'm sure they could - Email them. I don't think you have anything to worry about, though.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #13 of 20

Quote:
I'm sure they could - Email them. I don't think you have anything to worry about, though.

Hi

I emailed them on Friday, hopefully I will get a reply on Monday or next week at some point.

I'm just worried because everywhere I look it says the red chip is the sign of a real pair and the red chip is barely visible in mine if at all.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #14 of 20
most important it if they sound real.. Do they sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back