Are "beats audio" headphones good or are they the new bose?
Nov 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 8
I have used them and they are comfortable and have good bass, but honestly I think they are even worse than bose. I have a soft spot for bose since I like their acoustic wave radios and their older speakers. Also the triports were my first pair of actual headphones.

They cost even more than bose too. But I think the Bose headphones have a better sound quality.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 8
hey thanks for replying and inputting. i actually bought a pair since i can return them to best buy and i'm really not a fan myself either. i feel like the $300 set is roughly the same quality as my audiotechnica athm50. and i keep forgetting to take the battery out :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
hey thanks for replying and inputting. i actually bought a pair since i can return them to best buy and i'm really not a fan myself either. i feel like the $300 set is roughly the same quality as my audiotechnica athm50. and i keep forgetting to take the battery out :frowning2:

you could have gotten something better for the money....

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 8
Hurry up and return them....

You can definitely get something more for your money.

HD25 II
DT770
DT880
DT990

And you can get all of these with an amp for the price you paid. At $300 you can pretty much get the best senns on the consumer market (not their flagship but HD600/650s).

I have a lot of friends that have the Beats Studio, and they're just absolutely horrible, Cheap plastic, horrible sound, and hugely overpriced. If they were $100 I would still probably not get them. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Don't buy Beats at $300... they cost only $230 on Amazon and $175 on Ebay... At those prices, they compete with the M50 IMO If not in sound, then in features.

If priority is sound specifically, you can get other previous recommendations such as the Sennheiser HD 25. I would personally get the Audio Technica ES10 or other IEMs though

Even the Monster Turbine Pros are on a much higher level of fidelity in terms of sound quality

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 8
If you're into IEMs then I strongly reccomend the Monster Turbine Pros.

I personally can't stand IEMs. Something about the cable noise+ear pressure along with the comfort issues about putting something in my ear just don't do it for me. I think I'm just too sensitive to it or something.

Going back to the Monster Turbine Pros, if you want to get them, but up a WTB ad. Due to the recent amazon sale (at $50) you should be able to find someone who doesn't really want it and is willing to sell them ~$100 for a slight profit and to help out a head-fier. They normally cost much more. 

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 8
Hey guys thanks for responding. A couple of things...first it's really funny one of you guys mentioned what I assume to be the audiotechnica ath m-50s because I actually just returned the monsters after fixing my m50s with a $4 jack from radioshack. The reason I did it was because after I compared the two I thought to myself "whoa i paid 100 for one and 300 for the other and they sound kind of on the same level" weird huh ^_^?

Quote:
Don't buy Beats at $300... they cost only $230 on Amazon and $175 on Ebay... At those prices, they compete with the M50 IMO If not in sound, then in features.

If priority is sound specifically, you can get other previous recommendations such as the Sennheiser HD 25. I would personally get the Audio Technica ES10 or other IEMs though

Even the Monster Turbine Pros are on a much higher level of fidelity in terms of sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back