Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Oct 17, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #796 of 910

Arctic Cables Euphoria

Received the latest AC offering recently and decided to post first impressions. The Euphoria is evaluated with Audeze LCD-5 headphones against the stock cable. For reference I own or have owned the following aftermarket headphone cables in the past:
  • Arctic Cables Signum+ (T+A Solitaire P-SE)
  • Lavricables Ultimate (Audio-Technica ATH-WP900)
  • Arctic Cables Magnus S (Meze Liric)
  • Norne Silvergarde S3 (Dan Clark Ether Flow)
  • WyWires Platinum (Dan Clark Ether Flow)
  • Forza Noir Hybrid (Shure SRH1540)
  • Cardas Headphone Cable (Beyerdynamic DT-880)

Ergonomics

Euphoria is heavy, seriously heavy. AC has not skimped with the amount of silver here. This is not intended for even semi portable use. The braiding is impeccable as usual and the cable does not tangle. Longer lengths are heavy enough to drag headphones on your head downwards. You can work around the weight by resting the cable on your lap or attaching it to your clothes. Depending on your listening environment it might be recommended to order couple extra feet over your normally preferred length for more flexibility.

Music & Sound

Tonality is balanced, nothing stands out in a wrong way. Nothing stands out especially in the right way either, usually a great sign for long term enjoyment. What this means is music gets the center stage. A sense of improved insight why, how and when something is played. Even modern studio recordings come alive revealing more of that elusive human factor behind music.

Imaging is natural and effortless, you don't even think about it consciously. No matter how many instruments are playing at the same time, everything is easy to follow. At the same time wholesomeness of the performance stays coherent. Some audio equipment tend to separate every instrument individually and highlight the sound at the expense of musical flow. Euphoria avoids this pitfall admirably.

When things calm down you discover songs within a song. Those fleeting moments of beauty and awe audiophiles love to chase. Never before I truly understood what silence between the notes ment. Soundstage is neither forward nor laid back. When sounds are mixed close, they are practically on your skin. When sounds are mixed far in the soundstage, there is exceptional depth. Even at the edges of the stage instruments maintain their proper acoustic properties and reverbs decay naturally.

Conclusion

This is not a cable for shifting your system balance towards warmer or cooler. If you want more out of music and are happy with your current overall balance, I guarantee Euphoria won't bottleneck any headphone audio setup. However it's literal weight in silver is almost as heavy as the expense in gold. If you have the means and already found your favorite headphones, treat yourself. I certainly am happy that I did.

headphones: Audeze LCD-5
source: JCAT USB Card XE with Plixir Elite BDC via Intona Ultimate (USB) to Audio-GD DI-20HE via Furutech Digiflux (AES/EBU) to T+A DAC 8 DSD
amp: via Acoustic Revive XLR-1.0TripleC-FM 1.4 x 1.8mm (XLR) to Audio-GD Master 19
power: Burmester 038 & Furutech FT-SWS-D NCF Box with Atlas EOS Superior LUXE, Ensemble Megaflux FSF, Furutech DPS-4.1, IsoTek Ascension, Plixir The Statement & Siltech SPX-800 power cables
accessories: Acoustic Revive RKI-5005 audio insulators, Quadraspire Q4 modular audio racks
audio sources: .wav & .m2ts audio/video files stored on an internal SSD played with JRiver Media Center

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #798 of 910
What is the fattest all copper cable Arctic makes? To be honest, navigating the website and all the different models is painful. Some filters by materials would be very helpful for the online store.

Nov 1, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #799 of 910
What is the fattest all copper cable Arctic makes? To be honest, navigating the website and all the different models is painful. Some filters by materials would be very helpful for the online store.
I would suggest that you write to them for guidance/help. They are indeed super helpful :smile_phones:

Nov 2, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #800 of 910
What is the fattest all copper cable Arctic makes?
That would be the Apeiron, which they list as X4-wire configuration, 15.5-AWG per polarity of OCC copper. I don't have the Apeiron, but I do own a Gladius (X4-wire 17-AWG copper and X4-wire 17-AWG copper/silver hybrid), and I would consider the Gladius to be in the "copper family" in terms of sound.

Some filters by materials would be very helpful for the online store.
I made a spreadsheet of all their cables, listing the wire composition (copper, silver, copper/silver hybrid). I agree, it would be awesome if that was shown on a table on the website.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #801 of 910
PXL_20231103_143339022.MP.jpg

New Sonoro owner here.
Let's see how it sounds and feels 😁🎧 🎵

Nov 9, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #804 of 910
I discovered Arctic Cables in the comments on the Focal Clear MG review on Headphones.com. I'm a huge believer in upgrading cables on headphones. When I got my Clear MG, I ordered the Arctic Cable Cross Series to pair with it. It has been a match made in heaven in my system.

Fast forward a few years and I upgraded my IEM's to the 64 Audio A12T customs. The cable that comes with it is not the greatest to put it mildly. With the great experience I had with my Clear MG's, I went back to Arctic. This took a little more doing since most IEM's use .78mm connectors but 64 Audio uses .75mm on their customs. I worked with Roy at Arctic and he sourced some .75mm connectors from their supplier. I ended up getting both a cross series and a signum series cable for the A12t's.

As you can see from others pictures, their cables are so well designed and put together they look like works of art. The sound upgrades each made to the A12t's were exact to the description that Roy shared with me. I prefer the Cross Series as it's much more musical, while still improving the detail in the highs, it keeps the big, controlled bass the A12t's are know for. The signum is a detail monster, so if you want to hear every bit of detail this would be for you.

These guys are awesome to work with and they have cables all over the pricing spectrum, so they can get you a great cable at any budget level. I could not recommend them more!

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #805 of 910
Behold the Talos v2 dark. This one’s an absolute stunner (I’ll post some additional photos once I receive the cable, it’s going to look insane with my Marblecake Atrium Closed)

b1dfcc89-5626-4d77-8e34-9a9d07efe78b.jpeg
Likely going to order a pair of these for WP900. Would you say Talos V2 could be used in a portable set-up, though? Great looking cable :ok_hand:

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #806 of 910
Likely going to order a pair of these for WP900. Would you say Talos V2 could be used in a portable set-up, though? Great looking cable :ok_hand:
Cable is pretty chunky, not a lot of flexibility so it wouldn’t be my first choice for portable. Val might be able to do a different braid which would help (that one is square) or suggest a more supple cable

Nov 19, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #809 of 910
What Mini-XLR connectors are those?
They're pretty new, so you might have to ask for them over email. When I ordered my Euphoria, Val asked me if I wanted them and I'm glad I said yes, because they look fantastic. He called them "custom high-quality AC mini XLRs" that would match my carbon splitter.

Nov 19, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #810 of 910
What Mini-XLR connectors are those? I don't see any carbon fibre option on their website.
I did correspond a lot with AC, but I recall, I just ordered "mini XLR neutric"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back