Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #91 of 908
Just got a new amp with a balanced output, so I ordered a 16-core balanced Mogami cable for my Focal Clear headphones. Cable is impeccably built and uses quality neutrik connectors. I would order from these guys anytime. Customer service is excellent and it has always been delivered by the promised date. arctic.jpg.jpeg
Nice looking cable. I'm considering one of these for my Audexe LCD2C. What's the upcharge to go to 16-core? And is that splitter a custom option? I don't see either of these options on their web site.

Feb 17, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #93 of 908
20200217_211125.jpg

20200217_211134.jpg

Just received my Arctic Cable. Have not yet had a chance to try it out.

Can someone with this model cable and an XLR connection chime in? Do you have this metal spring type connector interface between the xlr plug and wires? I'm not a big fan of the look and ordered some heatshrink to try and cover it up.

Feb 17, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #95 of 908
The Furutech connector comes with that spring, it looks nice in regular cables.

Oh I didn't know that! Never realised it was there on my other cables with the furutech; they have heat shrink over it.

Thanks man!!

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #96 of 908
Anyone heard from or contacted arctic cables recently? Ordered a UPOCC cable from them last night and didnt receive any order confirmation. Emailed them, havent heard a thing!!!

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #98 of 908
Thanks boss. Much appreciated. I just received and email from ROY stating exactly that.

Apr 5, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #100 of 908
my endgame is iBasso DX228EX+Stellia+Arctic Cables pure silver, 8 wire, with high-purity rhodium-plated carbon fiber connectors.
Sound is stellar, there's more space, more air, soundstage, looks even more natural than before, separation enhanced, so it is resolution. Never made a purchase that contributed that much in improving the sound in a hi-end chain like this one.

Attachments

• IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #101 of 908
my endgame is iBasso DX228EX+Stellia+Arctic Cables pure silver, 8 wire, with high-purity rhodium-plated carbon fiber connectors.
Sound is stellar, there's more space, more air, soundstage, looks even more natural than before, separation enhanced, so it is resolution. Never made a purchase that contributed that much in improving the sound in a hi-end chain like this one.
Same combo, still let the new cable burn in, you were quicker than me with pictures :wink:

May 9, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #103 of 908
I recently purchased a pair of Stellias and, as I noted in the Stellia thread, I am getting significant microphonics which is particularly intrusive when listening to classical music - even a slight movement of the head produces the microphonics. So, OK, I need to get a new cable for use with the desk amp, which is a balanced XLR 4 pin output (Schiitty Jotunheim).

But I have a dilemma to solve. Later this year I will probably update my DAP (considering a Shanling M7 when they are released on the next x months) and that will have a 4.4mm output jack. Given that I may end up spending around USD400 on a Arctic Signum cable, I would much prefer that I could adapt that cable to be used with either device - the Jotunheim or the DAP. I REALLY don't want to have to spend the money twice, just to have two different ends (also two cables hanging around).

My question(s): how well will something like this Woo Audio XLR to 4.4mm adapter work? Given that we are talking about an enlarged sound stage etc with the Signum cable, is that going to suffer? A considerable down side to using this adapter is that the connected unit going into the DAP is about 110mm long (70 for XLR, 40 for adaptor) so over 4 inches of "stuff" hanging out of a DAP

Is there an adaptor that works in reverse so that a 4.4mm male is inserted into it? A down side to this is that the "additional" connection is always in use at the desk, which is where I want the highest quality.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this please?

May 9, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #104 of 908
May 9, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #105 of 908
I have that adapter and it puts a lot of strain into the 4.4mm socket.

I personally prefer having the cable terminated in 4.4mm and then use an adapter to make it 4 pin XLR. I'm only aware of two adapters that are a single piece one from www.plussoundaudio.com/ and the other from venture electronics.

IMG_3239.jpeg
Thanks elira, very useful to know. It's crystallizes what I suspected about that long hunk. Is it a total of ~110mm? Do you think any of these connections diminish the audio quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back