APURESOUND Complaint Thread (Customers with outstanding items or money ONLY)
Mar 30, 2011 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

drews

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone considering purchasing from Alex at APureSound may want to think twice - although he states 2-3 week order processing times on his site (confirmed by him in email before I ordered), my balanced LCD-2 cable order placed in late January has still not materialized.  Emails to him (or Heli) have also been ignored (2 weeks and counting) as well as my PM to him.  If you must order, I'd strongly suggest using a CC for dispute purposes (unfortunately for me I sent him $277 using PayPal).

Drew

Mar 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 91
I had a similar experience when I send my K501 for a recable..It took much longer and lots a emails, only after becoming less friendly, which I hate when people force you in that mode, I got my recabled K501..

Few month later one channel fell dead (solder issue) so i had to send to send it back, which costed me porto EU->US..two month later the other channel went dead, so I let it repair here which was about the same price as the porto costs to the US.. never again Apuresound for me...

Mar 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 91
If he's unable to produce a cable because he's too busy, he shouldn't have taken my order.  Or he could have let me know it would take months instead of a couple of weeks.  Or he could have just refunded my payment and I could have shopped elsewhere.  Or he could take a minute to answer one of my emails.  Or PM'd me back.  He didn't lose my order because the one email response I got (a month ago) said it would ship "next week" (i.e. more B.S.).  Ironically, I had better experiences when I bought stuff from Xin and Drew from Shellbrook Audio...

Anyway, I just ordered a balanced XLR cable from Audeze for $80.  If the APureSound cable ever arrives I'll try to recoup some of my loss by selling it to someone who wants one and doesn't feel like waiting indefinitely.

Drew

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 91
UPDATE: 

So Alex has contacted me and I'll be getting a refund shortly.  Hopefully he'll sort out his situation since people seem to really like his cables...

Drew 

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 91
Our complaints have roused Alex from his slumbers, and my plugs are shipping out tomorrow.

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 91
Seems they've moved to another location and are still working on their email server issues (even though they've said it's been resolved). It's been taking about 2 weeks for my emails to be responded.

I've gotten great customer service from them before so I don't doubt that they will come through. Seems to be just bad timing. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 91
I'm second to you, SemiAudiPhile, to look at this in a positive way.  I used to place a large order, and received the items in very timely manner.  Even though I have been waiting almost 8 months for the current one, I still hope everything will be solved soon.

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 91
I received the last mail from Alex about a month ago. I'm trying to get a confirmation about shipping date, as I was told that my order (almost 30 cables) were done.  So far, I haven't received any response from him or Heli.  Just need to knock on the APureSound's door again.  It should not take this long to solve mail server problem, and it should not take this long to ship the order, if they really finished with all the cables.  Or in the worst case, can we refund and get our money back?

Alex, Can you please say something?  Anything?

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #9 of 91

Quote:
I received the last mail from Alex about a month ago. I'm trying to get a confirmation about shipping date, as I was told that my order (almost 30 cables) were done.  So far, I haven't received any response from him or Heli.  Just need to knock on the APureSound's door again.  It should not take this long to solve mail server problem, and it should not take this long to ship the order, if they really finished with all the cables.  Or in the worst case, can we refund and get our money back?

Alex, Can you please say something?  Anything?

Hope everything will be resolved soon.  I'm a big fan of his work but he didn't respond to my R10 recabling either.  Currawong mentioned that Alex's house was damage from the storm recently though.  Hope he gets back on his feet to fulfill all the pending orders soon.

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #11 of 91
I think Smart has started  a group buy of 30+ apuresound cable 8-9 months ago from Thailand and we've
be waiting  too patiently, I think but did not receive any of the cable .  At first we was informed
that it was tha mail server problem and now it's the storm damage.  We all understand that
could happen to anyone of us and we are sorry to hear that but a little response or commitment
willl surely make the customers who have been waiting more than 8 months some comfort too.
Alex  also has to think the burden that the organizer has to take when you paid 6000+$ collecting
from all your friends and there was no result at all.
A letter of commitment promising the dateline of the delivery or the money will be refunded is a must
here to bring back the confidence of apuresound

Jun 23, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #12 of 91
we may be too soft in dealing with this.  With our Thai 's nature we don't want to do anything bad
to anyone business but on the other hand we have the resposibility to warn other people too.
We have tried several ways before doing this and Currawong can elaborate more on this.  

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #13 of 91
I feel the same about ruining other's business... but still... 8 months... I pre-ordered items month before, but not with paying up front 
blink.gif

I pay only when my order's ready 
L3000.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #14 of 91
I'm going to ask that this discussion be kept to customers only. Speculation about his business is inappropriate as almost all of the time, it's nonsense. 

I also think it's nonsense that people trying to say bad thing to anyone business.  I also think it's nonsense thing that this thread should come up here if I am not one of the apuresound groupbuy and trying to solve it peacefully.  Several moderators here has known about this subject and I admired them for trying to help and understand that being moderators is not a privilege but it's also a responsibility to make the head-fi community better.
I also think that it's nonsense that a blemish free company will respond only a few times for the 6600+$ purchase during the past 8 months and no direct contact given.  
I will wait patiently to see the reaction and hope this can be solved peacefully in a honorable way.

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #15 of 91
everybody wants this to end in a good way,so at least alex has to give us the very real reasons,why he can't ship the cables or when he can actually ship them? Just the real Information,but not just the "clam-down-customer" promiss.
I do understand ,if someone has problem with his business,no matter what happens to him,but you got to think about the customer a bit , keep in touch with them regulary,make them feel that's everything is in control.
So it is understandable for the customers to  begin to speculate about his business,even think he might cheat the customers. 8 Months is actually a very long time,but if he's acted like Jerry  in JH3A's case,I think the customer could understand him.

I hope he can solve his problem , recover from  losses and continue to run his business as usual.

P.S. I am the one of the people in this group buy.I ordered Apursound V3. for LCD2 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back