aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #1,743 of 2,247
It does not mention aptX adaptive here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805852182952.html

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145322781777

Sometimes items are in the wrong section on QUALCOMM's site so can be wrong.
It looks like it does but they’re calling it “aptX AD”. 🤣 Unless that’s what the cool kids are calling it these days. Another one of the images does outright say Adaptive.

Ugreen has this terrible habit of shipping products without updating their global websites. I’d hazard a guess this is a fairly new product of theirs.

Seems overpriced to me. It’s not even USB-C or lossless. I’d expect both of those for that price! What’s the K8P these days? £7? Ok, it comes with a wee mic but is that worth another £7?

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #1,744 of 2,247
I recently got Momentum 4 headphones and got 3 BT USB adapters to try connecting them to a Windows PC. I got the Sennheiser BTD 600, the Creative BT-W5 and the Avantree DG60P. With the BT-W5 and the DG60P I’m having this issue where the auto-pause when taking off the headphones acts more like a play/pause toggle and if I have a video paused on the PC, it starts playing when I take off the headphones, which is very annoying. That doesn’t happen with the BTD 600 though but with the BTD 600 there isn’t a way I could find to force the aptX LL mode and I get more latency than with the 2 others which allow forcing the LL mode. And so of the 3, there is not one that works well for me. I could disable the auto-pause feature on the headphones but that feature is nice when it works.

Does anyone know if there is a fix/workaround for the auto-pause issue with the BT-W5 or DG60P? Or how to get better latency with the the BTD 600? Or have another aptX adaptive adapter to recommend that doesn’t have any of these issues?

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #1,747 of 2,247
Has anyone noticed a sound uqality difference beetween the DG60P and BT-W5? (not talking about latency, just quality)

Not really noticed any sound quality difference I did have both units for a good while and still use my dg60ps daily, BT-W5s only went back since I got the newer Creative BT-L4s which do the same job but with LE audio.

Nov 5, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #1,750 of 2,247
I assume you mean the LL mode in aptX Adaptive in your posts as your headphones do not support the older aptX LL going by me looking them up on their webpage.

That aside with the KB9P you can force any of the codecs including aptX LL by unchecking the ones you do not want, Creative did previously use a button press to choose but the BT-W4 and BT-W5 are auto but I would like the option to override this in the App.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #1,751 of 2,247
Apple needs to step it up

Nov 5, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #1,752 of 2,247
Can't wait to lay my hands on a PC with the new Snapdragon Elite SoC...Adapter life really sucks! :p

Need an Snapdragon S7 Wifi Dongle today already:smile:

LE audios low latency LC3+ is good but certainly not ideal, still get the odd BT glitches time to time but am still testing and trying things out as always.

Half still tempted to try the Audeze Maxwell Wireless headphones out too, but wallet can only take so much action.

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #1,753 of 2,247
Soundguys What is Snapdragon Sound article here

A very good article, it discusses how the new S7 chipset should give us -50ms latency without a drop in audio quality like what Bluetooth technology currently does so its much better for gamers/movie fans, they do make some valid points though that it can take the market a few years to catch up and release products based on it but
some earbuds hopefully with the S7 chipset should be due next year, so one can use it with the new snapdragon 8 gen3 phones at least.

One thing id love to know with this technology can one switch between Bluetooth and then Wifi technology when required, what if you are at home or in the office and just want wifi only so you get full audio quality and low latency?

Hopefully one can force BT off and just leave Wifi on for superior audio and latency!

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #1,754 of 2,247
I assume you mean the LL mode in aptX Adaptive in your posts as your headphones do not support the older aptX LL going by me looking them up on their webpage.

That aside with the KB9P you can force any of the codecs including aptX LL by unchecking the ones you do not want, Creative did previously use a button press to choose but the BT-W4 and BT-W5 are auto but I would like the option to override this in the App.
ah right, I meant the LL mode of aptX Adaptive, which is not the same as aptX LL. The BT-W5 does let you force the Adaptive LL mode in their Windows app, but not with the button which would be nice for other devices/OSes. The DP60P has a hardware switch to use the Adaptive LL mode, they call it gaming mode. Does the KB9P also let you select the Adaptive LL mode (and not aptX LL)?

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,755 of 2,247
Yes I can force aptX Adaptive HQ or LL Modes but I meant actually force the Codec which matters less as as no aptX LL on the BT-W4 and BT-W5.

On the KB9P I can choose to use aptX instead of aptX Adaptive as there is little point if listening to 16/44.1 CD rips and battery is longer, same with aptX HD is files are only 24/48.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back