aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Nov 10, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #1,773 of 2,097
My FiiO Neckband and FiiO BTA30 Pro support aptX LL, I use it while gaming if late at night.

The patent recently expired on it around the same time (AFAIK) they let you use aptX and aptX HD licence free unless that info I read was wrong.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #1,774 of 2,097
It would be nice.... considering how almost no phones support it! I feel like AptX lossless is the ultimate vaporware. I mean it arrives but you cant use it except with a random dongle from a shady internet merchant.
Perhaps. If / when my Indiegogo purchase of the Velacy Crystal 5A TWS and BlueBeam 3A arrives I can comment further if it's a hoax or a treat for the ears at a reasonable price. Nothing ventured nothing gained. :fingers_crossed:

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #1,775 of 2,097
Got my UI 6.0/android 14 update this morning on my S23 mobile

Screenshot_20231113_134245_Settings.jpg

Creative Zen hybrids pros paired under BT menu, under more settings icon they added an LE audio toggle option but by default it auto connected to LE audio.

Shame they couldn't put LC3+low latency, aptx entire suite and snapdragon S7 and Mcdonalds take away option into that BT codec list:L3000:

Under more dev settings, All BT codecs remain grayed out but LE audio is there but not can't be selected so its left on SBC, not that it matters since the Creative zens
actually inform you via the internal voice its connected to LE audio and the main BT menu shows LE audio is on also but would have been nice to compare codecs.

**update LC3 is broken on the S23 currently (Nov 2023) must be a bug but no actual sound output with this new release, have logged it with samsung support team**

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,776 of 2,097
Under more dev settings, All BT codecs remain grayed out but LE audio is there but not can't be selected so its left on SBC, not that it matters since the Creative zens
actually inform you via the internal voice its connected to LE audio and the main BT menu shows LE audio is on also but would have been nice to compare codecs.
As far as I understand, there's no way to change LE Audio codecs in developer options, so you're most likely using LC3. AOSP seems to only support LC3 at the moment, only Qualcomm's AOSP fork has aptX Adaptive.

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #1,777 of 2,097
As far as I understand, there's no way to change LE Audio codecs in developer options, so you're most likely using LC3. AOSP seems to only support LC3 at the moment, only Qualcomm's AOSP fork has aptX Adaptive.

Its an odd one, I do recall being able to flick between the codecs few months ago just can't recall how I did it. Quick googling shows the usual BT habits it chooses the best as usual....but some said they can select it while many can't.

On my Nvidia shield more dev BT settings, every BT codec is available, but getting the setting to stick is tricky I believe you have to switch off other devices and just have one paired device and then keep adjusting that setting for it to stick it wasn't simple or straight forward though such as just selecting aptx HD for example.

There is an android app called BT codec changer but its not working with android14 so can't test it.

Speaking of testing things Le audio appears broken on Samsung UI 6.0s Android 14, there is an scratching sound instead maybe Samsung forgot to test if it actually works.

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #1,778 of 2,097
Its an odd one, I do recall being able to flick between the codecs few months ago just can't recall how I did it.
Maybe it was with A2DP? That "Bluetooth Audio Codec" option is actually only for A2DP codecs. Once again, AOSP only has LC3, probably this is the reason why Google haven't implemented this feature. With AOSP fork for Qualcomm SoCs and QCCxx7x/8x headset you could've get aptX Adaptive with LE Audio.
There is an android app called BT codec changer but its not working with android14 so can't test it.
Same as dev options, it can only change A2DP codecs, not LE Audio ones.

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #1,780 of 2,097
Got that BT codec changer premium but as 01 suggested only works on A2DP and not LE ones. I think few months ago maybe my previous B&W Px8 headphones had more codecs supported so maybe that is why I was thinking it showed up more on that list but on the Nvidia Shield it shows all BT codecs available.

Not that it matters at this point since LE audio appears broken or bugged on Samsung's Android 14 release, have logged a case on their forums but maybe since Le audio and Le devices are still too new they haven't fully tested or got it right yet. Not sure about newer google pixels with android 14.

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #1,783 of 2,097
My Adapter arrived for the Intel BE200 (WIFI7/BT5.4) to change the Key type from A+E to E.

2023-11-16 (1).png

2023-11-16 (3).png

Awesome that it works at least, wasn't even aware of an adapter that could covert that A+E to an E hopefully they will release the A+E wifi/BT card version and if they don't there will be many others that do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back