aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Apr 15, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #1,171 of 2,247
Received my KB9P, was able to install dongle assistant and set to high quality. However, not sure how to update firmware to FW 2.29 as the downloaded file just displays a command prompt but no instructions are provided. Can anyone clue me in as to how to update firmware?

Only other quirk w/KB9P is that indicator light is solid green when I run it in AptX Adaptive, confirmed as that codec in my Focal Bathys app. Manual says AptX Adaptive indicator light is yellow-green and AptX HD is the solid green only, thus my confusion. Have others noted this and is it signifying anything of importance to getting the best quality from the dongle?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much.

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #1,172 of 2,247
The KB9P FW updated without issue it is the older KB8 that just does nothing when I ran it.

I tested again for you as it has been a while since I used it but disabling all Codecs on my FiiO Neckband apart from aptX HD (SBC is always enabled by Default) and the LED is 100% GREEN, connecting any of my aptX adaptive earbuds it is Yellow/Green.

I confirmed both Codecs in the Dongle Assistant, but I can only additionally confirm aptX HD via the Codec LED on the FiiO Neckband as it does not support aptX Adaptive and the earbuds that support it do not have such a feature.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #1,173 of 2,247
The KB9P FW updated without issue it is the older KB8 that just does nothing when I ran it.

Did you just click on the executable to get firmware to update? That did nothing for me!
I tested again for you as it has been a while since I used it but disabling all Codecs on my FiiO Neckband apart from aptX HD (SBC is always enabled by Default) and the LED is 100% GREEN, connecting any of my aptX adaptive earbuds it is Yellow/Green.

So strange...I went into dongle assistant and de-selected all codec options except AptX Adaptive, re-connected to my Bathys BT headphones, and trhe indicator light is still 100% green. Bathys doesn't even support AptX HD, only Adaptive.
I confirmed both Codecs in the Dongle Assistant, but I can only additionally confirm aptX HD via the Codec LED on the FiiO Neckband as it does not support aptX Adaptive and the earbuds that support it do not have such a feature.

I appreciate the effort very much!

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,175 of 2,247
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #1,176 of 2,247
Ahhh ok! that was what I thought. :) I have anothe 2 questions. I am not sure if configure it with Aptx HD or adaptive. I am going to use it only for music, and my headphones (H95) supports both. I am not sure which one gives better sound quality. The other questio is that I can not use the play/pause froma my headphones when I use the KB9P dongle. Is it normal? Thanks eveyone

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #1,177 of 2,247
aptX HD is 24/48 so if you are listening to CD quality/rip there is no point as that is 16/44.1.

Only Volume works for me (Play/Pause simply mutes it) on the KB8 and KB9P, though I have full controls on the Creative BT-W4 Dongle.

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #1,178 of 2,247
aptX HD is 24/48 so if you are listening to CD quality/rip there is no point as that is 16/44.1.

Only Volume works for me (Play/Pause simply mutes it) on the KB8 and KB9P, though I have full controls on the Creative BT-W4 Dongle.
I am using Apple music (24/96 sometimes and 24/44 other times) but I don´t know if adaptive or hd will gime me better quality. In my case when I touch play/pause in my headphones it does nothing even mute.

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #1,179 of 2,247
aptX Adaptive originally was 24/48 but now is 24/96 but there is no proof the Chinese dongles actually output 24/96 over BT only the USB side we can see is 24/96 and Creative offically state this for their dongle so it is 24/96 USB and 24/48 BT for some reason or another.

Apr 16, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #1,180 of 2,247
I contacted Vaorlo and said that my KB9P does not support AVRCP. I can only change the volume. They said I should try the dongle assistant. Somehow they either didn't understand my question correctly or they didn't want to. The assistant has nothing to do with it. I have other dongles from EPPFun (AK3040 and AK3040 Plus) and they both work without any problems. However, they are also recognized as headphones in my Windows system and not as loudspeakers like the KB9P. Unfortunately I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
But I thought the last firmware for the KB9P is the 2.12, am I wrong. Which is the executable you use to update the firmware? Thanks!
Crazy,
my "new" KB9P came with firmware 2.12.
Out of curiosity I used the firmware updater version 2.11. Unfortunately, the updater actually wrote version 2.11 over my 2.12.
However, I have no firmware with version 2.12 to improve it again.
I'll write to Vaorlo if I can get a new firmware.

Apr 16, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1,182 of 2,247
Hehe, then it wasn't the reason why AVRCP didn't work on the KB9P. Was just an idea.
I like the KB9P so much because you don't have to turn it on. It immediately connects to APTX-LL (which is how I want it) when I turn on my headphones. It's just a pity that (play/pause) doesn't work.
Unfortunately, the Creative BT-W4 doesn't have an APTX-LL, otherwise that would have been my next choice.
Maybe a different adapter can do everything I want.
Connection on the PC (USB), APTX-II as instant connection, no switching off...(The KB9P does that) and on top of that AVRCP.

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #1,183 of 2,247
my "new" KB9P came with firmware 2.12.
Out of curiosity I used the firmware updater version 2.11. Unfortunately, the updater actually wrote version 2.11 over my 2.12.
However, I have no firmware with version 2.12 to improve it again.
I'll write to Vaorlo if I can get a new firmware.
I hope you'll get it and will share with us. I had no luck to request 2.12 firmware from them.

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #1,184 of 2,247
I got a T10P, but the 'button' seems to do nothing no matter how I press/hold it, so thinking it may be faulty. I somehow got it to pair once with a pair of headphones, but can't do much more - unless I'm somehow missing something obvious.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #1,185 of 2,247
I hope you'll get it and will share with us. I had no luck to request 2.12 firmware from them.
But of course. If I get new useful information, I will post it. The same when I get new software/firmware.
I got a T10P, but the 'button' seems to do nothing no matter how I press/hold it, so thinking it may be faulty. I somehow got it to pair once with a pair of headphones, but can't do much more - unless I'm somehow missing something obvious.
Some people have complained that the button is very difficult to press.
I hope that the problem can be solved quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back