aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Jan 28, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #961 of 2,247
@helmutcheese you seem to have included a post from somewhere else there. I wanted to say that I don’t find what that guy is saying at all. It kind of sounds as though he’s not found the right fit for him. Plus he doesn’t seem to be able to hear the white noise with the Bose. Sounds like he’s been drinking his Bose kool-aid. 🤣

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #962 of 2,247
Yea I quoted a quoted post,

I have given yup with my QCII, I get sore ears trying to get a fit and need use my own ear tips then remove each time to charge them and even then, the passive seal is not as good as I get with my Soundpeats Sonic Pro's.

This no doubt effects the ANC does not do it for me and as you say the white noise is annoying so much so I do not need to play white/brown noise to get to sleep as they do it for me (prefer brown as deeper).

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #964 of 2,247
@mcnaugha

Did you have any luck with your QCC5171 BT cable and the ROG Phone 6? Maybe it works with Android 13 update? Not sure if it's arrived to the ROG 6 yet, but it has for the Zenfone 9.
I sold my ROG Phone 6 and got the Zenfone 9 instead. I’ll check it again but I think the cable needs a firmware upgrade. There’s a new version available now (specifically called the BT70-Pro) which appears to hint that the firmware now supports smartphones properly. It also includes LDAC. Every seller I ask say that the manufacturer doesn’t do firmware updates.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #965 of 2,247
Jan 29, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #968 of 2,247

Be aware that “LE Audio” does not confirm the presence of the LC3 codec. Think of LE Audio as a platform for various codecs including LC3. That looks like my existing cable which doesn’t support Qualcomm codecs with smartphones.

Here is the newer revision of the same product:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005146770851.html

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #969 of 2,247
Jan 29, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #971 of 2,247
That's not true. LC3 is required to be present in all LE Audio devices. It's like SBC for A2DP: there are no devices with i.e AAC/aptX and without SBC.
Sorry what you said isn’t true. LC3 has to be separately licensed with Fraunhofer. While it’s been named to replaced SBC, developers are not required to include it. I have loads of Bluetooth 5.2 and 5.3 devices claiming LE Audio support and they do not have LC3. LE Audio is a platform of operation on Bluetooth, similar to Classic Bluetooth. It just defines protocols and energy utilisation levels.

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #973 of 2,247
Sorry what you said isn’t true.
Really?
Screenshot_2023-01-29-21-40-15-43_d365b52accad0f47adbc08c16219827d.jpg

LC3 has to be separately licensed with Fraunhofer.
The specification is open, you can implement it by yourself or use any library that allows it. Fraunhofer wants money for their library, other might not.
While it’s been named to replaced SBC, developers are not required to include it.
Once again, not true. They are required.
I have loads of Bluetooth 5.2 and 5.3 devices claiming LE Audio support and they do not have LC3.
That's because they don't support LE Audio 🤣. Sorry to disappoint you, but it is what it is.
LE Audio is a platform of operation on Bluetooth, similar to Classic Bluetooth. It just defines protocols and energy utilisation levels.
And part of the protocols is support for some mandatory codecs. Don't want to dig into specifications, but if you still think LC3 is not mandatory, I'll find it.

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #974 of 2,247
Really?
Screenshot_2023-01-29-21-40-15-43_d365b52accad0f47adbc08c16219827d.jpg

The specification is open, you can implement it by yourself or use any library that allows it. Fraunhofer wants money for their library, other might not.

Once again, not true. They are required.

That's because they don't support LE Audio 🤣. Sorry to disappoint you, but it is what it is.

And part of the protocols is support for some mandatory codecs. Don't want to dig into specifications, but if you still think LC3 is not mandatory, I'll find it.

Yes please go find it because I still say you are wrong. Show me where it says mandatory and not “default”. Default does not equal mandatory.

I’m guessing you’ve bought the hype that I once believed in until the real devices began to hit the market.

I guess we better gear-up to sue Qualcomm then for telling us our devices support LE Audio. 🤣 I don’t think you even understand what it means if you’re making this argument. LE Audio is a set of specifications. A choice of codec is besides the point As the codec “rides” on top of those. A lot of it is marketing. Not explaining what the truth is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back