aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Nov 7, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #601 of 2,091
If it is the 2017 or 2019 Pro model, then his Remote and Controller if he has one are BT.

I have never tried to disable its Bluetooth but there are specific settings for its own included devices and other settings for 3rd party added devices like keyboards, earbuds etc.

He could try running the Dongle on a longer cable to get it away from the Shield but sounds more like the adapter is causing some issue.

The KB9P is obv USB A and I either plugged it directly into the Shield USB port (2017 has 2 ports) or into the little USB 3 HUB I have connected (I cannot remember 100%), AFAIR there is one specific port to use for audio ideally.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #603 of 2,091
You know the BTW4 doesn’t support multi-point connection from the device it talks to. It is written on Creative website FAQ’s. So if I decide to use it again i must unpair my headphones from other devices otherwise non stop connection issues.

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #605 of 2,091
@helmutcheese is this not the kind of design you were looking for?

3C11982F-AC15-4C86-B393-E8448932A4F8.jpeg

£54.04 29% Off | QCC5171 Bluetooth Headset aptX Adaptive Lossless Upgrade Cable 1000mA Battery 120H Play LE-Audio Low Power Consumption CVC Voice https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPNE4zI

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #607 of 2,091
For use on PS5 I have noticed that both the cheap HaiSenKeJi transmitter and the very expensive Creative BT-W4, the sound turns really low, hollow, and just all-round terrible when having a microphone active at the same time.

I occasionally play online with a friend, and using this method just isn't reliable. I thought it was the Soundpeats Air 3, at first, but I also tried with non APTX Adaptive Sony IEMs, and they have the same issue.

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #608 of 2,091
I am having this issue recently (not sure what has changed as this issue is new), it basically sounds like it is in MIC mode so Tape Recorder Quality but still in both ears (not sure if mono or stereo) though it does not show as this in Windows and all looks normal and set as Playback Speaker not Recording Mic.

I can fix it by disconnecting then reconnecting or disabling the Mic in Windows (it will revert next time I connect), factory resetting both devices did not fix it.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #609 of 2,091
Exactly that. Really strange.
For single player games where the mic is not needed, it's slightly more awkward on PS5, as even when disabling the mic in the audio settings, it likes to enable itself again anyway.

I just wanted something quick and easy without having to plug in wired buds to the DualSense jack. Mainly, because the microphones on these MMCX cables are ****ing terrible lol. I was very impressed by the noise-cancelling mics in the SoundPeats.
If only it wasn't for that tape recorder sound :/

Maybe the chip inside these dongles can't handle both at the same time. The Nura Bluetooth 5.3 might fare a little better when it releases. I'm not spending $50, though. BT-W4 was already a waste.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #610 of 2,091
Discovered something odd about my BTW4. As I mentioned had constant connection issues and terrible range. It was connected to my Nvidia Shield using the USB-A-C Adapter which it comes with.

I tried connecting directly to my iPad Pro which has USB-C. No issues.

I could go into next room. No funny click sparkle sounds either which you get with connection issues.

So maybe it doesn’t work well with the Adapter.
had the same thing with my dongle, hence why i sent it back, no disconnection ever since and the range is about the same.
So i went through the devices i found in this topic and elsewhere, and i dont think im gonna find what i want lol.
The irony when all i really need is a proper intel driver :D
Good luck guys

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #612 of 2,091
had the same thing with my dongle, hence why i sent it back, no disconnection ever since and the range is about the same.
So i went through the devices i found in this topic and elsewhere, and i dont think im gonna find what i want lol.
The irony when all i really need is a proper intel driver :D
Good luck guys
So which device are you choosing?

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #615 of 2,091
New to this thread and honestly wasn't expecting I'd be looking for a device like this (or that they already existed).

Finally picked up a new laptop and chose the MB Air but unfortunately learned that the last two OS versions basically castrated any way to force AptX output. I gave AAC a shot for a few hours but now I'm here.

From what I've read so far, the BTW3, BTW4, and Sennheiser BT600 will more or less solve my issues, save for some possible sound and noise bugs. My only two questions are if the KB9P has Mac support and if there is an easy choice between the 4 for consistent sound quality/stability for up to 16/44.1 CD quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back