aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
May 13, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #80 of 2,146
I just found an USB Bluetooth 24Bit 96Khz audio transmitter on Ali.
It's using QCC3040 chip, supports Adaptive.

Anybody tried this one? Reviews seem positive.

APTX Adaptive Bluetooth Transmitter, USB Bluetooth 5.2 Audio Transmitter, Driver-Free, Can Switch APTX Code Freely

May 13, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #81 of 2,146
I just found an USB Bluetooth 24Bit 96Khz audio transmitter on Ali.
It's using QCC3040 chip, supports Adaptive.

Anybody tried this one? Reviews seem positive.

APTX Adaptive Bluetooth Transmitter, USB Bluetooth 5.2 Audio Transmitter, Driver-Free, Can Switch APTX Code Freely
That's the description they appear to use for the KB8P. I have it. I like it, however there may be questions around its long term playback stability. It's like the SoC crashes. You get white noise in your ear and it can cut out. This may not happen every time or it may not happen at all. Just be aware that it may not be flawless. For short listening sessions it's pretty good.

May 13, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #82 of 2,146
That's the description they appear to use for the KB8P. I have it. I like it, however there may be questions around its long term playback stability. It's like the SoC crashes. You get white noise in your ear and it can cut out. This may not happen every time or it may not happen at all. Just be aware that it may not be flawless. For short listening sessions it's pretty good.
I can only comment about the noise from experience with other USB bluetooth audio transmitters. I'm a long time bluetooth PC user, currently using Avantree DG60 (which is noise free), but with a lot of other transmitters I had noise problems, and the problem is with dirty USB power. I ordered an USB 3.0 denoiser (Elfidelity AXF-100), that cleans up the power, and the noise went away.

I'll order the mentioned USB transmitter, and report back here... see you in 3 months 🙂 😐

May 14, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #83 of 2,146
I have the kb9 and trying to make use of the aux input. Bluetooth paired fine (white LED on for LDAC) but when I plug in the (3.5mm) aux cable, i hear buzzing out of the left side and nothing out of the right side. No music after hitting play. Any suggestions?

May 14, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #84 of 2,146
Mine is fine when it’s powered by independent power.

I get awful feedback when it’s powered by the same DAP I’m feeding audio from:

ACFFC5-B0-B15-D-417-C-B302-CCD9288-CEE27.jpg

Have you tried it with a basic power supply just to compare?

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #85 of 2,146
Yeah I've tried plugging into laptop and power supply. Neither worked. Tried using two different cables as well. Both TRS.

Edit: Works great through bluetooth but not aux

Edit 2: Very very feint music with a ton of static when I crank music to max but only from left side. Could it be a faulty device? Tested cables with other things and they work fine.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #86 of 2,146
Yeah I've tried plugging into laptop and power supply. Neither worked. Tried using two different cables as well. Both TRS.

Edit: Works great through bluetooth but not aux

Edit 2: Very very feint music with a ton of static when I crank music to max but only from left side. Could it be a faulty device? Tested cables with other things and they work fine.
Have you tried different cables? They have different pin orders. I had an extension cable for my tablet and it worked OK with some headphones, but when I got some new sleep earphones everything sounded messed up (just like you describe). The same extension cable with new headphones worked on my phone.
sony headpone pin OMTP CTIA.png

I think the problem is in the "data" pin, because if I lower the volume knob integrated on headphones, the playback on the tablet will pause.
Or the dongle could have a broken connector.

May 17, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #89 of 2,146
Seen it the other day but if it does not have the extra gold symbols on it (near the jack), I doubt it is the newer 24/96 model that is on that other Chinese store.
They do English versions of the products now with English instructions and without the Chinese lettering which says Unicorn. The Chinese lettering is intended only for the Chinese market and is why it’s only on Taobao. I think it’s supposed to indicate that it’s special/premium.

May 17, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #90 of 2,146
I just worry as those do not mention 24/96 in the info or Windows audio settings screenshots so I may end up with the same 16/48 as now.

Not as if any of my current aptX Adaptive buds are 24/96 they are no doubt 24/48.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back