aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Mar 21, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #2,011 of 2,075
Cool to see other people enjoying the FMA120(clearly I deserve all the credit). I didn't see any Bose QC Ultra earbud thread, so I'll just note down that this headset also supports aptx lossless fine. I have a very hard time deciding between this or the MTW4, but the MTW4 is giving us all this Auracast and LC3 audio in probably a few months(Avantree receiver launches in 5 weeks). And Bose will give LC3 if they're feeling "generous".

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #2,012 of 2,075
Cool to see other people enjoying the FMA120(clearly I deserve all the credit). I didn't see any Bose QC Ultra earbud thread, so I'll just note down that this headset also supports aptx lossless fine. I have a very hard time deciding between this or the MTW4, but the MTW4 is giving us all this Auracast and LC3 audio in probably a few months(Avantree receiver launches in 5 weeks). And Bose will give LC3 if they're feeling "generous".
Where can a USA user purchase it?

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #2,015 of 2,075
If people don't want to read 100+ pages..... I will try to summarize below
[…]
For TVs/Android devices/boxes (May use Optical/3.5mm headphone jack/BT mode- again check it supports your device)
***Edit** (My personal choice) Artic Steelseries Pro Wireless headphones, currently my daily drivers due to 2.4ghz wifi wireless break out box supporting optical input/others. Gives best latency/lipsync performance to date but only via optical input. Works perfect for normal TV watching, Nvidia shield pro 2019 and PC check my review linked at bottom.
eppfun 3040R Pro Bluetooth Receiver (LDAC/APTX/APTX LL/APTX HD/LDAC/AAC/SBC)
eppfun AK3046D Bluetooth 5.2
eppfun AK3046C Bluetooth 5.2 Transmitter Receiver
eppfun AK8675 Pro aptX-Adaptive
eppfun bluetooth 5.3 LE audio transmitter receiver for audio (only supports LC3 Not LC3+, review link at bottom)
Avantree Oasis plus
Avantree Orbit Pro (pre-order as of September 2023)
Avantree DG60p adapter (works with Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 with LDAC)
Creative Zen hybrid Headphones + New BT Adapter with BT 5.3 and LC3+, LC3+ULL (ultra low latency 20ms) Codec for Gaming/Movies Now available here
[..]

Bit new to the Bluetooth codec game. I want a home transmitter to pair my TV with my Qudelix K5 and have low latency. Looking at the available codecs on the receiver, it looks like the aptX Adaptive is the best bet for me.

First, thanks so much for the wealth of information in this thread. I have read most with interest, but was also dismayed by some of the problems.

I’d like to add my own experience with the 1Mii RT6012 SafeFly Dual.

Features:
  • small portable bluetooth transmitter receiver small status OLED
  • all the aptX codecs (regular, LL, HD, and adaptive (AD)) + SBC
  • selectable codecs, the M buttons cycles through
Experience:
  • With aptX Adaptive the latency is reduced significantly compared to SBC and less but noticeably from regular aptX. I have not performed any measurements performed, but lipsync was good and fine suited for my purpose.
  • Over the distance from couch to AVR (about 5 meters), the connection quite good, but it likely helps that it’s hanging from the headphone jack on front.
  • Device auto power off with no activity, so leaving it plugged in the TV or AVR is not an option.
  • When the device is powered on the previously selected codec is not retained.
  • Needs more testing, if there is anything specific let me know.
Also sold under the Lavales brand (as the Pro instead of Dual)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #2,016 of 2,075
Bit new to the Bluetooth codec game. I want a home transmitter to pair my TV with my Qudelix K5 and have low latency. Looking at the available codecs on the receiver, it looks like the aptX Adaptive is the best bet for me.

First, thanks so much for the wealth of information in this thread. I have read most with interest, but was also dismayed by some of the problems.

I’d like to add my own experience with the 1Mii RT6012 SafeFly Dual.

Features:
  • small portable bluetooth transmitter receiver small status OLED
  • all the aptX codecs (regular, LL, HD, and adaptive (AD)) + SBC
  • selectable codecs, the M buttons cycles through
Experience:
  • With aptX Adaptive the latency is reduced significantly compared to SBC and less but noticeably from regular aptX. I have not performed any measurements performed, but lipsync was good and fine suited for my purpose.
  • Over the distance from couch to AVR (about 5 meters), the connection quite good, but it likely helps that it’s hanging from the headphone jack on front.
  • Device auto power off with no activity, so leaving it plugged in the TV or AVR is not an option.
  • When the device is powered on the previously selected codec is not retained.
  • Needs more testing, if there is anything specific let me know.
Also sold under the Lavales brand (as the Pro instead of Dual)
There's a whole category of wireless audio equipment called "TV Listening". It's analog meaning basically latency free. Old technology and tons of reviews and reputable big names like Sennheiser. Actually I didn't really see any of this at all researching bluetooth, it's segregated for whatever reason. Probably better off just doing this.

1711068848567.png

I needed wireless audio but only BASS under 250hz and this works great for that. I have noise above 250hz(I want to hook it up to a battery NOT using the official wall adapter like you're supposed to), but that is probably not a product fault and is because of me. Aptx LL kind of seemed to strip out the low end. I didn't realize aptx adaptive is a bit better + using a louder dongle than the usb apple dongle made it way more usable for my purposes.

Mar 22, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #2,017 of 2,075
Mar 23, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #2,020 of 2,075
There's a whole category of wireless audio equipment called "TV Listening". It's analog meaning basically latency free. Old technology and tons of reviews and reputable big names like Sennheiser.
True, I kinda forgot about that. I had some Sennheiser headphones back when. The quality was decent, but reception wasn’t always great.

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #2,021 of 2,075
I got asked where to buy this...I didn't realize they took this off Amazon. You need to contact Flairmesh to see if/when they will restock this. They are a design firm so I don't know if they intend to make anymore or how that works. They are making receivers for other companies. Alternatively I have pre-ordered from Avantree. It's a 3 month pre-order but you get the transmitter for only $5. "It doesn't support Auracast function now. But we should update it later soon."
https://avantree.com/prolink-ps5-bluetooth-adapter-receiver-for-headphones

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #2,022 of 2,075
True, I kinda forgot about that. I had some Sennheiser headphones back when. The quality was decent, but reception wasn’t always great.

Check my signature, plenty of reviews/tips, I have reviewed several BT dongles/headphones which I used with my LG TV/Nvidia Shield.

But to cut a long story short, I found BT technology to be hit and miss even while using some of the latest cutting edge gear like the Creative Zen hybrid headphones with BT LC3+/Low latency dongle with my Nvidia shield for TV playback and it still failed with reliability, lipsync would drop if not the entire audio connection and LE LC3+ also has a audio drop in quality. The same was found with aptx adaptive technology.

But 2.4ghz wireless headphones/tech are much better and reliable if not designed for TV and Gamers, so you want the best lipsync, lowest latency and reliability stick with 2.4ghz wireless technology.

I found the Artic Pro wireless headphones with a usb break out box which has many optical inputs/connections so it sorted out all my issues in one go since all devices are connected to the TV and I get 2.4ghz wireless. Not the best audio quality but its good for now.

Not found anything else on the market offer such multiple connectivity, snapdragon wireless sound coming this summer/fall with its wireless audio and better audio quality may be the better technology.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #2,023 of 2,075
I got asked where to buy this...I didn't realize they took this off Amazon. You need to contact Flairmesh to see if/when they will restock this. They are a design firm so I don't know if they intend to make anymore or how that works. They are making receivers for other companies. Alternatively I have pre-ordered from Avantree. It's a 3 month pre-order but you get the transmitter for only $5. "It doesn't support Auracast function now. But we should update it later soon."
https://avantree.com/prolink-ps5-bluetooth-adapter-receiver-for-headphones

Nice to see Avantree with an LE BT dongle and the aptx hd/adaptive that covers 3.5mm connection and usb connection, I did email their tech team asking for such last spring so maybe someone took note, ill add Avantree Pro Link BT dongle link to my signature.

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #2,024 of 2,075
Here is the latest snapdragon sound Aptx lossless+lc3+auracast transmitter. I would order one myself before I post this, but I already have the FMA120. It says out of stock, but I have been searching auracast every day on Amazon and just saw this now. So I don't think they actually sold or stocked any yet. Note that on dual use devices you will be FORCED to use LE audio. I have no idea why they did that(they didn't have to, it keeps it simple though), and I don't know if this will cause issues down the line when some of the current devices are updated to LC3.
1712340079475.png

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #2,025 of 2,075
Here is the latest snapdragon sound Aptx lossless+lc3+auracast transmitter. I would order one myself before I post this, but I already have the FMA120. It says out of stock, but I have been searching auracast every day on Amazon and just saw this now. So I don't think they actually sold or stocked any yet. Note that on dual use devices you will be FORCED to use LE audio. I have no idea why they did that(they didn't have to, it keeps it simple though), and I don't know if this will cause issues down the line when some of the current devices are updated to LC3.
1712340079475.png

Its nice to see more LE Audio adaptors on the market, but id just like to add I reviewed the eppfun 5.3 LE audio adaptor (last years version) and its linked in my signature and it was terrible, full of bugs, high latency and just too unstable with audio break ups with my LE audio creative zen headphones or B&W PX7s2s. There was no way to drop the high or low modes either despite the poorly written instructions saying its included and no help from the manufacturer/seller also. I doubt they get any software/support.

Sadly was similar with the other eppfun dongles, tx and rx devices regardless of aptx, LE or codec I still have several of them boxed and probably safer they never come back out of them.

If you really must get it, try and search on Ali express for the eppfun store its usually priced much cheaper, Amazon do next day etc but price it very expensive due to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back