New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Jul 20, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #511 of 1,045
It's so difficult to navigate and time consuming.
Constructive feedback is always welcome. What areas are you finding difficult and how would you improve them?

I can't even pull up my history nor messages.
I'm not sure what you mean by history, but your private messages can be found here. Also accessible via the little envelope icon in the blue bar at the top.

I tries sending and replying to messages and I end up writing the message okay, but there is literally no 'send' icon.
Send.PNG

Please at least put it back to the previous format!!!
That's not possible, please see Jude's post here.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #512 of 1,045
Constructive feedback is always welcome. What areas are you finding difficult and how would you improve them?

I'm not sure what you mean by history, but your private messages can be found here. Also accessible via the little envelope icon in the blue bar at the top.

That's not possible, please see Jude's post here.

Thanks Alex for your fast reply. I'll try your suggestions and hopefully can master this new format soon. I appreciate your help. and will check back with you if I have questions.
Sincerely - Bryan

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #513 of 1,045
The website scaling seems to be a bit wonky. If I'm on my desktop, it looks like the webpage loads a scaled-down version of the website and then expands to full-screen. The opposite happens on my mobile phone: the webpage loads the full-width website and then scales down to fit the mobile screen.

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #517 of 1,045
Hello Moderator Friends,
Did y'all turn off e-mail notifications to subscribed threads?
I am subscribed to maybe 10 threads, including this one. I haven't received any e-mail notifications in a long time.
Is there someplace I can check to see if I have it set-up correctly?

Thanks,
RCB

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #518 of 1,045
Hello Moderator Friends,
I am subscribed to maybe 10 threads, including this one. I haven't received any e-mail notifications in a long time.
Is there someplace I can check to see if I have it set-up correctly?

Thanks,
RCB

Go to your profile (click your name in the blue bar at the top-right side of the forum) and go to "Preferences" on the left side. The top option to auto subscribe and receive emails for replies seems to be the only place to set a notification for emails in subscribed threads.

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #519 of 1,045
Go to your profile (click your name in the blue bar at the top-right side of the forum) and go to "Preferences" on the left side. The top option to auto subscribe and receive emails for replies seems to be the only place to set a notification for emails in subscribed threads.

Thanks. It was already set-up for me to receive emails for thread replies. I re-checked it, maybe it needed a nudge. Maybe the emails only happen when somebody directly replies to my posts?

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #520 of 1,045
Hello Moderator Friends,

We haven't turned off email notifications, but the new platform only sends one notification after the first unread post in a thread. If more posts come in afterwards, the system doesn't send another email notification until you visit the site. If you've stopped receiving all email notifications for those threads, I'd first try "renewing" the subscriptions in your All Subscribed Threads page (here). Click the checkbox for each thread that you want to send notifications, scroll to the bottom, select "Enable email notification" from the drop down menu and click "Go." After that you should get the email notification for the first new post in a thread, assuming you're caught up in said thread. If you're still not getting email notifications, shoot me a PM and we'll troubleshoot in more detail.

We've been designing some improvements to the types of email notifications that can be sent, configurable in the settings, and I believe we're approaching the end of testing. As soon as we've made sure they're working as intended we'll push an update and enable them for everyone.

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #521 of 1,045
Thanks for the help.
I am getting emails now that I nudged my profile box. Will try your more detailed solution.
I certainly don't need an email every time there's a new post to a subbed thread.
Overall, I'm happy with the new platform.
Well done -

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #522 of 1,045
Overall, I'm happy with the new platform.
Well done -

Thank you, and we're still working to improve the feel and flow of the site. There's an update that's expected to go live soon, something we developed based on feedback from the community. It should help make the site more intuitive and inviting to both Head-Fi'ers and visitors. We'll continue improving the new platform until we can improve it no more.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #523 of 1,045
Must admit that the "leave & ignore" option for PM is very handy as it wasn't possible to ignore PM's with Huddler, all this said if bringing trader feedback still isn't possible, how about importing it as seller feedback and tag it with a "TRADE:" keyword at the beginning? Many of us lost quite a lot of feedback there and the more feedback the smoother the trades. Rename it "selling/trading feedback" and it's on :)

And I still would appreciate if previously read PM's automatically jumped to the latest page if any possible please.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #524 of 1,045
all this said if bringing trader feedback still isn't possible
Bringing trader feedback is possible, and it will be making a return.

And I still would appreciate if previously read PM's automatically jumped to the latest page if any possible please.
I'm not sure I understand the request. You're wanting all previously read PMs to be on the first page?

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #525 of 1,045
OK great :)

When clicking on a previously read PM made of several pages it currently jumps to the first page and I always have to click on the last one, it makes little sense to me not jumping to the last page automatically? I got +30 pages long PM's that have been ongoing for ages so I only care about the last page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back