Apple iPad is Offical
Feb 11, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #256 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Internet usage seems to be a primary focus given the "internet in your hand" tagline and the claims that it offers the best internet experience.

Even without flash support?
confused.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #257 of 392
no flash = not buying it

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #258 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love it, apple fanboi's even have to quote out of context to try and win a point
darthsmile.gif

I don't think that I quoted out of context. You said that it would be hard to hold because it weighs over a pound and I replied that plenty of books weigh over a pound, and they aren't all that hard to hold. Maybe I have super strong wrists?...

BTW I'm not even close to a "fanboi". I was just making a statement. but whatever..

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #260 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even without flash support?
confused.gif

I only surf with Flash disabled.

Is Flash good for anything beyond serving irritating ads?

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #262 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no flash = not buying it

Don't forget about the no multitasking!
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #263 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by drclaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that I quoted out of context. You said that it would be hard to hold because it weighs over a pound and I replied that plenty of books weigh over a pound, and they aren't all that hard to hold. Maybe I have super strong wrists?...

You quoted out of context as I qualified the circumstances under which one would use and thus hold the device. A book is held and thats it, an ipad is held and also interacted with thus meaning a device of that weight and form re flat pad, is inconvenient to hold and also use/interact.

If all you had to do was hold it then fine, unfortunately you have to use your hands to type and change page and select text etc etc while holding it with one hand only and pressing against it with force with the other.

Over a regular reading period that will get real old real quick.

It is absurd to try and relate the ipad in ease of use to a regular book, and apparently absurd to do the same with a kindle as they weigh less and demand less of the interactivity that an ipad does as it is an ebook reader exclusively.

Essentially, apple have tried to make a new segment between netbook and phone while the ipad proves that one wasn't neccessary.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #265 of 392
I dont get the deal with no flash. RIM, Android, Even MS's phone based on Zune thats coming does not have flash support.
MS wants to push Silverlight, Apple and google wants to push HTML5, and Flash is now old and slowly being done away with.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #266 of 392
I don't care
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #267 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfrag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont get the deal with no flash. RIM, Android, Even MS's phone based on Zune thats coming does not have flash support.
MS wants to push Silverlight, Apple and google wants to push HTML5, and Flash is now old and slowly being done away with.

Android and Windows Mobile are both getting mobile flash. There are videos demoing the early builds on youtube.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #268 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately apple are looking for a customer base larger than 1

Check out the download numbers for AdBlock.

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #269 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the download numbers for AdBlock.

I wouldn't be surprised if third-parties began developing ad-blockers in the future for mobile devices. It's true, flash can be very irritating for users who don't watch flash video or play flash games. But there's also proven to be a large audience that does want it, at least in desktops and laptops. I.e. when netbooks first emerged, the ability to play all flash content smoothly was often considered the deciding factor in purchasing a model. Tests and comparisons were done numerous times between models in different price ranges, brands, etc. Adobe is near done with mobile flash, which smartphone consumers have been crying out for for ages.

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #270 of 392
Most serious web designers and GUI people hate flash. It's the tool of choice to make awful looking, poorly designed webpages where everything is bopping around in a sea of nonsense and inutility.

For videos, it's been a decent format for a few years, but it will be replaced by better ones in the near future. Everyone always criticizes Apple whenever they introduce something ahead of the normal user curve.

I still remember everyone FREAKING OUT when they released computers without floppy drives. It was like, MY GOD, LIFE WILL END WITHOUT THE FLOPPY!!!

Just chill. They know what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back