Apple In-Ears, Any good?
Jan 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #31 of 48

ZMeshign

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Posts
119
Likes
10
They seem very similar. Don't they come in almost the same case/accessories?
Also, the ProAlpha's are very cheaper than M1's. Is the M1 still superior in terms of the sound (for a more overall balanced sound)?
 
Jan 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #32 of 48

mbamg

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Posts
1,284
Likes
27


Quote:
They seem very similar. Don't they come in almost the same case/accessories?
Also, the ProAlpha's are very cheaper than M1's. Is the M1 still superior in terms of the sound (for a more overall balanced sound)?


The M1 lacks the ProAlpha's strain relief, but it sounds more balanced. The ProAlpha has more weight at the low-end. The thing is the M1s are rarely on sale these days, which was why I ended up buying the ProAlpha.
 
 
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #33 of 48

ZMeshign

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Posts
119
Likes
10


Quote:
The M1 lacks the ProAlpha's strain relief, but it sounds more balanced. The ProAlpha has more weight at the low-end. The thing is the M1s are rarely on sale these days, which was why I ended up buying the ProAlpha.
 



If it's like that, then i'll grab a M1 fast while it's on sale now before it goes out of stock.
 
Thanks!
 
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #34 of 48

mandar

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Posts
11
Likes
12
i have been using the ADDIEMs for 2 ears now. they are pretty awesome. the noise cancellng is so good that u cannot hear a person shouting at the top of his voice right next to you. but do not buy them if u plan to go gymming or jogging, they will pop right off. also durability is not so good. the silicon on my first pair peeled off in 5 months (but they still work great). while my 2nd pair is as good as new after 1.5 yrs of use.  
 
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #36 of 48

mbamg

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Posts
1,284
Likes
27


Quote:
If it's like that, then i'll grab a M1 fast while it's on sale now before it goes out of stock.
 
Thanks!



When I said sale, I meant discount price...
 
Quote:
the noise cancellng is so good that u cannot hear a person shouting at the top of his voice right next to you.


That should only ever happen when you're wearing over-ears like Shures...
 
 
Jan 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #37 of 48

ZMeshign

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Posts
119
Likes
10


Quote:
Right... but only if:
-you're deaf
-you intend to be deaf sometime in the future.
 
Isolation is pretty average on the ADDIEMs: not bad, but nothing our of the ordinary either.


Haha, sorry but your reply was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing :D
 


Quote:
When I said sale, I meant discount price...
 

That should only ever happen when you're wearing over-ears like Shures...
 


So still you would prefer to buy them instead of the ProAlpha's if it was on sale on some website? Which one was released first, the M1's?
Mp4nation describes the ProAlpha's bass as "Deep, intense and bold bass", I think they are more suitable for people that are interested in bass, aren't they?
But still it's price is cheaper and they are so similar that I am stuck between these two right now. However, the extra weight can be a disadvantage... How many extra grams do they weigh?
 
 
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #38 of 48

mbamg

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Posts
1,284
Likes
27
Quote:
Haha, sorry but your reply was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing :D
 

So still you would prefer to buy them instead of the ProAlpha's if it was on sale on some website? Which one was released first, the M1's?
Mp4nation describes the ProAlpha's bass as "Deep, intense and bold bass", I think they are more suitable for people that are interested in bass, aren't they?
But still it's price is cheaper and they are so similar that I am stuck between these two right now. However, the extra weight can be a disadvantage... How many extra grams do they weigh?
 


The CX300s and ProAlphas sound "mainstream" in that their bass is predominantly mid-bass (which you'll find the Beats to have a lot of), but the ProAlphas do go deeper and have better control. From my experience the ProAlpha is almost like the CX300 in every way but does everything better. I would still prefer a more balanced sound signature because most of the songs that I listen to have female vocals. As for weight, I don't think there's much of a difference. They're both pretty light due to their plastic housings.
 
Edit: Sorry when I said "weight" in the previous post, I meant it sounded "fuller" in the lower-end of the sound spectrum, not that the IEMs themselves weighed more.
 
 
Jan 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #39 of 48

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Posts
8,355
Likes
1,398


Quote:
Right... but only if:
-you're deaf
-you intend to be deaf sometime in the future.
 
Isolation is pretty average on the ADDIEMs: not bad, but nothing our of the ordinary either.



I found the isolation on the ADDIEMs to be well above average (not Ety quality though).  Now a few things to note.  The volume setting on my iPod is 25% while testing isolation...  They are pretty good with isolation.
 
Jan 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #40 of 48

mbamg

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Posts
1,284
Likes
27


Quote:
I found the isolation on the ADDIEMs to be well above average (not Ety quality though).  Now a few things to note.  The volume setting on my iPod is 25% while testing isolation...  They are pretty good with isolation.


I've not had any experience with the ADDIEMs, but YMMV. If his sister can try them on before buying that would be great, because they do have a reputation of being problematic with fit around here.
 
 
Jan 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #41 of 48

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Posts
8,355
Likes
1,398


Quote:
I've not had any experience with the ADDIEMs, but YMMV. If his sister can try them on before buying that would be great, because they do have a reputation of being problematic with fit around here.
 



I used them for about 2 month's straight...  Then on and off for about 6 more :p  Isolation was more than enough to tune out a crazy track team on a tiny bus :p  And yes, many have had fit problems with it... 
 
Jan 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #43 of 48

bubsdaddy

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Posts
1,196
Likes
87
I couldn't get a proper fit with the supplied tips - too round I think. Sony Hybrids fixed that problem. I think they isolate very well. My main gripe would be the rubbery cord. Also, the case it pretty useless.
 
Jan 24, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #44 of 48

striker

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Posts
65
Likes
21
umm....no. i use them in the bus on the way to my clg. i listen at a moderate volume and the person sitting next to me has to literally shake me to get my attention.

That's probably because he didn't want to "shout at the top of his lungs" in a crowded bus..

I'm sorry, but you can't things like that, someone might believe it, and it's simply not true. Not true of the ADDIEM nor of any other universal...
 
Jan 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #45 of 48

ZMeshign

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Posts
119
Likes
10


Quote:
The CX300s and ProAlphas sound "mainstream" in that their bass is predominantly mid-bass (which you'll find the Beats to have a lot of), but the ProAlphas do go deeper and have better control. From my experience the ProAlpha is almost like the CX300 in every way but does everything better. I would still prefer a more balanced sound signature because most of the songs that I listen to have female vocals. As for weight, I don't think there's much of a difference. They're both pretty light due to their plastic housings.
 
Edit: Sorry when I said "weight" in the previous post, I meant it sounded "fuller" in the lower-end of the sound spectrum, not that the IEMs themselves weighed more.
 


Alright I think I need to read alot more to acquire a bit more knowledge in the audio industry, it's not your fault that you used an expression and I didn't know about it.
 


Quote:
I've not had any experience with the ADDIEMs, but YMMV. If his sister can try them on before buying that would be great, because they do have a reputation of being problematic with fit around here.
 


She doesn't have a chance to so I prefer that she doesn't go with them just in case she will not be able to get a good fit.
 
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top