Apple In-Ears, Any good?
Jan 22, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #16 of 48

Quote:
This makes me confused. I am really not sure who to believe, because everyone says something different about them!

ADDIEMs are split on head-fi.  There are lots of people who do like them, then there are lots of people who hate them.  Then there is the group the can't get a good fit and admit to it (this would be the reason someone wouldn't like them). 

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #18 of 48

Quote:
ebay is your friend. you can find anything on there and google also.

brainwavez yum

Beware of fakes on EBay...  Just FYI.  There are ways to get legit ADDIEMs on EBay for 30 dollars, but there is even more chance to score fakes on EBay. 

Brainwavz is a great company though nonetheless.  Maybe the M3s?

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #19 of 48

Quote:
Beware of fakes on EBay...  Just FYI.  There are ways to get legit ADDIEMs on EBay for 30 dollars, but there is even more chance to score fakes on EBay. 

Brainwavz is a great company though nonetheless.  Maybe the M3s?

They look weird. My sister doesn't like the looks... And they are out of stock.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #20 of 48

Quote:
They look weird. My sister doesn't like the looks... And they are out of stock.

Which ones look weird, the M1s, or M3s?  Before you said she thought the M1s looked weird...

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #22 of 48
Yep I said E10 but if she doesn't like the looks M1 and she didn't like the looks of E10 exactly as I predicted so I mentioned M1 in my few last posts. And I showed her the M3's but she preferred the looks of M1's, however the M3's are out of stock on Amazon now anyways.
I think the M1's seem to be popular and they have nice reviews around the web, so I will get her a M1 as they are available for about £29 that's a bargain if it is good enough like people say it is.
Oh by the way do the R03's have almost the same sound as M1 but with better bass? Because in terms of price they are only like £10 more than the M1's.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 48
One more idea...  Dunu Trident.  If she likes flashy looks, these may be for her.  Although with a slight V, they are just an awesome pair of headphones. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #24 of 48

Quote:
One more idea...  Dunu Trident.  If she likes flashy looks, these may be for her.  Although with a slight V, they are just an awesome pair of headphones. 

Not really. She still prefers the looks of M1's to all of them. I think she likes just a normal look, not an eye-catching one really :p
And I don't know why everything you recommended so far was out of stock/not available in the UK!

So basically now it's between the M1's and R03's. As for the looks she likes the M1 more, but if the R03's have almost the same overall sound but with better bass, she says they are alright then.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #25 of 48

Quote:
Not really. She still prefers the looks of M1's to all of them. I think she likes just a normal look, not an eye-catching one really :p
And I don't know why everything you recommended so far was out of stock/not available in the UK!

So basically now it's between the M1's and R03's. As for the looks she likes the M1 more, but if the R03's have almost the same overall sound but with better bass, she says they are alright then.

Nice to know that there's a potential conservative Head-Fi'er. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #27 of 48
From what I understand she would rather like the earphones to be comfortable and good looking rather than having a nice sound quality...

Weigh more on that when you for phones, and remember that around here anything that isn't sound will never come around (I just thought it up).

PS. You're a really good brother going through all this trouble for your sis. :)

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #29 of 48

Quote:
From what I understand she would rather like the earphones to be comfortable and good looking rather than having a nice sound quality...

Weigh more on that when you for phones, and remember that around here anything that isn't sound will never come around (I just thought it up).

PS. You're a really good brother going through all this trouble for your sis. :)

Not exactly, you got it wrong here. As I said she doesn't want eye-catching looks, else I would recommend her to just go and get and a beats crap! She just wants a normal look, nothing like those curved designs or flashy metal looks.
For example, look at the M1's. They are simple, plain black coloured with realistic simple design too and people will hardly notice that your wearing a Brainwavz because it doesn't have a big shiny "b" like beats (for example). This is the kind of design she likes. And also, she is gonna use it for kinda long periods of time so it needs to be comfortable too. But with better sound.

You know girls arent really into these things much, so i'm trying to recommend her something that gives her some experience about the difference of sound on IEMs and regular earphones... And well I think she deserves it :)

So now thanks to everyone who helped me find the ideal thing, I think i'm going to get her a M1 and see how that goes!

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #30 of 48

Quote:
Not exactly, you got it wrong here. As I said she doesn't want eye-catching looks, else I would recommend her to just go and get and a beats crap! She just wants a normal look, nothing like those curved designs or flashy metal looks.
For example, look at the M1's. They are simple, plain black coloured with realistic simple design too and people will hardly notice that your wearing a Brainwavz because it doesn't have a big shiny "b" like beats (for example). This is the kind of design she likes. And also, she is gonna use it for kinda long periods of time so it needs to be comfortable too. But with better sound.

You know girls arent really into these things much, so i'm trying to recommend her something that gives her some experience about the difference of sound on IEMs and regular earphones... And well I think she deserves it :)

So now thanks to everyone who helped me find the ideal thing, I think i'm going to get her a M1 and see how that goes!

I've found the ProAlphas (which have similar housings to M1s) to be very comfortable. They're also vented so they'll have a more expansive soundstage and won't feel as isolating as other IEMs (which can be good or bad depending on your sister's preferences).

The nice case with accessories is also a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back