1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Apple In-Ears, Any good?

2 3 4
Next

Last
  1. ZMeshign
    Hello,

My sister has decided to buy a new pair of earphones, and she has an iPhone 3GS without any amp or stuff. She listens to "calm" music, mostly pop & rock and maybe hip-hop sometimes.
    Her budget is about £60-66, so I suggested her to buy a pair of Apple In-Ears because I can only think of that as she can't buy online right now, so I have to find her something that she can buy in local stores like HMV.

So I wanted to ask you guys that are the Apple In-Ears any good at all? If not, can you think of any alternatives that are available in stores such as HMV? Maybe some noise-isolating and comfortable quality earphones for the price will be amazing (if there are any...)

Thank you

2. k0rnh0li0
    might as well and its probably the easiest route since she isn't a audioholic. but anyways she'll like them

3. ZMeshign
    Indeed, she doesn't have any more than iBuds experience with audio but I still want her to get the best possible option for the budget.
    So do you think it is worth the price? Should she go ahead and make that her final decision?

4. mbamg

Quote:

Probably not. From all the reviews on this forum you'll find that ADDIEMs aren't the best for the price.

5. ZMeshign

Quote:

Are there any alternatives that you can maybe suggest then please?

Thanks

6. mbamg
    Soundmagic E10s or E30s (which are on sale at MP4Nation atm) should be fine. Brainwavz M1's too. I guess your sister isn't really into bass?

ZMeshign likes this.
  7. Beatbox
    Well, I don't have ANY personal experience with IEM's whatsoever but I did read a crapload about them. From what I've heard they're actually pretty good, look not too shabby and are really comfortable. They're dual BA, which means they have 2 tiny speakers in each side (which is extremely rare on your budget). Anyways, it's a little bass-light so if she likes bass don't go for it.

Look up joker's thread it has anything you need in it

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-214-iems-compared-jvc-ha-fxt90-and-ha-fx500-added-1-8-12

8. mbamg

Quote:

ClieOS and esanthosh (on TechEnclave) too. Also dfkt's reviews (anythingbutipod.com)

9. ZMeshign

Quote:

Nice. And none of them are available anywhere else than online :p Any other recommendations?
    And yes exactly, I can certainly say that she isn't into bass alot, nor is the type of music she listens to.

Edit: With what i've read, it seems that people's money goes alot further in online shops than it does in local stores. So I have concluded that it is a waste of money to buy earphones from local stores, do you think like that too?

10. mbamg

Quote:

Unless you go into the mom-and-pop stores and haggle for >$100 headphones I can't think of a better way to buy them.

11. ZMeshign
    I came to these ones after reading joker's thread:
    Brainwavz M1
    Brainwavz ProAlpha
    ViSang R01
    Sennheiser CX280

Which ones do you recommend? Also I don't want the bass to be that bad because she sometimes listens to some bassy music too but not very much.

12. mbamg

Quote:

I strongly recommend the E10s and E30s over the M1 because they're on sale. As for the ProAlpha's, they have a very mainstream sound signature. I find them exactly as joker described them to be. I thought the ViSang R01's don't exist anymore? From what I've read CX200s > CX300

13. ZMeshign

Quote:

The E10's should be fine then? And as an alternative if she doesn't like the looks, M1.

14. tinyman392
    I really don't know what all the hate on the ADDIEMs is.  Those were the IEMs that I went back to for the longest time over things like the ThinkSound TS02, RE0, HF5, M1s, M3...  List literally goes on...  Although I don't use them today (Phonaks FTW), I definitely see these as an IEM that I would recommend.  SQ-wise it may not be worth the price (all IEMs mentioned after it technically are better), but the signature set to the ADDIEMs was one that really fit just about every genre out there (assuming a good seal). 

ZMeshign likes this.
  15. ZMeshign

Quote:

This makes me confused. I am really not sure who to believe, because everyone says something different about them!

2 3 4
Next

Last