Apple EarPods Thread
Oct 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #31 of 419
I'm on board with most.

These puppies rock. I own a set of Westone UM3X's, used to have UM2's, and have a few lower end MEElectronics... and to be honest, I prefer the these $30 headphones over all of them except the UM3X's (which are $350 headphones).

IMO, I prefer them over my old UM2's which are $200 headphones.

They're just awesome.

Very impressive, now I know I have to save up lots of money to be able to trump my Apple EarPods :)

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #32 of 419
I'm listening to Diplodocus by Noisia right now.  The song has lots of cool and funky stereo effects and these Apple EarPods are really make the sounds bounce around different parts of my brain - the clarity and stereo imaging is really incredible.  In addition, it's no surprised that the EarPods do really well with electronic music.

Edit:  listening to Stolen Dog by Burial and I'm thinking these things are better than ever!  The samples of ambient sounds are placed so realistically in the sound stage that a few times while listening I actually looked over my shoulder or around the room before realizing the sounds were coming from the EarPods, amazing.

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #33 of 419
wow... are earpods really that good or are you guys just hyping it? 
rolleyes.gif
 with iems, my etymotic research hf 5 is with my friend who may buy it and i have the ultimate ears trifi 10, dont have any other high end iems. so the earpods best them huh? im now a headphone guy and wont return to iems but wow all this talk about earpods... lol, glad apple is making good audio products though, im now owning an ipod classic 160gb, waiting to buy the fostex hpp1 with it...

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #34 of 419
Quote:
rolleyes.gif
 with iems, my etymotic research hf 5 is with my friend who may buy it and i have the ultimate ears trifi 10, dont have any other high end iems. so the earpods best them huh? im now a headphone guy and wont return to iems but wow all this talk about earpods... lol, glad apple is making good audio products though, im now owning an ipod classic 160gb, waiting to buy the fostex hpp1 with it...

IMO they're a little overhyped, bass is really boosted and if you're listening in a quiet enviroment its way to much for my tastes but on the go its pretty good. 
It has a nice soundstage and imaging but there's really not alot more than that and bass.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #36 of 419
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Yes, they are that good.  However, I'm guessing the eye roll (
rolleyes.gif
) is in reference to comparisons made to high end gear that I do not own.

I have recently owned and listened to:  Sennheiser sport (the old orange behind the neck ones), Motorola HD-10, Meelectronics M6p, and then the EarPods.  All I have said is that the EarPods sound far better than what I have heard before.  They have better bass and higher quality bass than any of the sport models I mentioned, including the M6 which is thought to be a great value around here.

The soundstage and clarity are literally amazing.  I have listened to ambient techno with the EarPods and literally looked around the room for a split second thinking I heard a "noise" when I was actually hearing sampled sounds placed correctly in the soundstage.  I like that, I like that I have cheap headphones that have amazing clarity and soundstage, as well as realistic and warm bass response.

So yes, they are that good.  I stand by everything I have written in the thread.  The fact that some members have chimed in to contribute their appreciation to this 'appreciation" thread by making reference to expensive equipment is not something I can comment on.  If you are not going to try the EarPods, then I do not see the point of your posting in this thread.  But again, they are exactly as good as I have said they are.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #37 of 419
Quote:
Yes, they are that good.  However, I'm guessing the eye roll (
rolleyes.gif
) is in reference to comparisons made to high end gear that I do not own.

I have recently owned and listened to:  Sennheiser sport (the old orange behind the neck ones), Motorola HD-10, Meelectronics M6p, and then the EarPods.  All I have said is that the EarPods sound far better than what I have heard before.  They have better bass and higher quality bass than any of the sport models I mentioned, including the M6 which is thought to be a great value around here.

The soundstage and clarity are literally amazing.  I have listened to ambient techno with the EarPods and literally looked around the room for a split second thinking I heard a "noise" when I was actually hearing sampled sounds placed correctly in the soundstage.  I like that, I like that I have cheap headphones that have amazing clarity and soundstage, as well as realistic and warm bass response.

So yes, they are that good.  I stand by everything I have written in the thread.  The fact that some members have chimed in to contribute their appreciation to this 'appreciation" thread by making reference to expensive equipment is not something I can comment on.  If you are not going to try the EarPods, then I do not see the point of your posting in this thread.  But again, they are exactly as good as I have said they are.

im just skeptical that something free or 30 bucks can really sound that good, thats all. the only time i hear things "out of head" is when i play binaural recording tracks, im surprised to hear the earpods can do something like this...

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #40 of 419
im just skeptical that something free or 30 bucks can really sound that good, thats all. the only time i hear things "out of head" is when i play binaural recording tracks, im surprised to hear the earpods can do something like this...

Oh yeah, it's cool. But only if the recording has something in it, most tunes do not. Now that I know it's a least possible, I wonder what recordings are best for cool stereo effects? So far it seems like electronic music has the higher percentage chance, but I don't know much about it, I just like it when I hear it. :D

Edit: I googled binaural recording, how do I know if a track is recorded this way? I'm not sure I've ever seen this advertised. I was assuming I was hearing stereo effects that just translated well to EarPods, but a real binaural recording seems like it would be better. Maybe some tracks are already binaural and I don't know it? Hmmm.... Anyway, I have heard the out of head soundstage effect on the EarPod, but the more the better!

Edit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/511850/awesome-binaural-albums

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #41 of 419
I prefer these over my Shure Se530s.

My favourite IEMS (the ER4Ps) are getting a run for their money. I find the detail comes very close to the Etymotics. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #42 of 419
Oh yeah, it's cool. But only if the recording has something in it, most tunes do not. Now that I know it's a least possible, I wonder what recordings are best for cool stereo effects? So far it seems like electronic music has the higher percentage chance, but I don't know much about it, I just like it when I hear it. :D
Edit: I googled binaural recording, how do I know if a track is recorded this way? I'm not sure I've ever seen this advertised. I was assuming I was hearing stereo effects that just translated well to EarPods, but a real binaural recording seems like it would be better. Maybe some tracks are already binaural and I don't know it? Hmmm.... Anyway, I have heard the out of head soundstage effect on the EarPod, but the more the better!
Edit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/511850/awesome-binaural-albums

Most tracks are not binaural recording tracks. If you want binaural recording tracks, look up Dr chesky on hdtracks.com

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #43 of 419
I prefer these over my Shure Se530s.

My favourite IEMS (the ER4Ps) are getting a run for their money. I find the detail comes very close to the Etymotics. 

Wow, that's really cool. Can you comment on the bass comparison between the EarPods and etymotics?

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #44 of 419
Now with a little more break-in, I love the Ear Pods.  Decent sound and very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back