Apple EarPods Thread
May 3, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #376 of 419
I too use these as a daily driver. I do know I'm not getting the most out of my music though. They're okay for a cheap of earphones that's definitely. :sunglasses:

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

May 14, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #377 of 419
My EarPods sound much better on my Retina MacBook Pro than they do on my iPhone 6s Plus. Maybe Apple is onto something by getting rid of the headphone jack. When properly-amped, the EarPods are very listenable -- more so than directly out of an iPhone.

May 19, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #378 of 419
I recently bought an iPhone 5S with these EarPods and I'm fairly impressed. I do listen to complex prog rock (Yessongs, King Crimson) and that can sound a bit chaotic. I enjoy the feature of being able to call handsfree and getting alerts through my EarPods (my previous phone, a secondhand Samsung Xcover, came without headset), but the white EarPods advertise that you're carrying an expensive phone, so I'd like to get alternative EarPods - black, iOS remote+mic, better sound quality - but most of what I can find is In-Ear, and I don't like to isolate myself too much when I'm cycling through Amsterdam.

Any suggestions?

May 19, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #379 of 419
  I recently bought an iPhone 5S with these EarPods and I'm fairly impressed. I do listen to complex prog rock (Yessongs, King Crimson) and that can sound a bit chaotic. I enjoy the feature of being able to call handsfree and getting alerts through my EarPods (my previous phone, a secondhand Samsung Xcover, came without headset), but the white EarPods advertise that you're carrying an expensive phone, so I'd like to get alternative EarPods - black, iOS remote+mic, better sound quality - but most of what I can find is In-Ear, and I don't like to isolate myself too much when I'm cycling through Amsterdam.

Any suggestions?

FiiO EM3.  The only thing it is missing is volume control on the cable

May 19, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #380 of 419

FiiO EM3.  The only thing it is missing is volume control on the cable

Volume is pretty important - and according to the sites I've seen the remote is Android compatible, not Apple compatible. I've looked at the Sennheiser C2.00 and the JBL T280, but they both close off the ear a bit too much (I think).

May 19, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #381 of 419

Any suggestions?
Do you listen to them without a cover? I find using a foam earbud cover helps dampen upper mids/lower treble that may smooth out complex passages for you. I have been pleasantly surprised by the pods finding a like new pair at the thrift store. Naked they were loose and bright, but with foams they popped right into focus and sound and fit great.

May 20, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #382 of 419
Do you listen to them without a cover? I find using a foam earbud cover helps dampen upper mids/lower treble that may smooth out complex passages for you. I have been pleasantly surprised by the pods finding a like new pair at the thrift store. Naked they were loose and bright, but with foams they popped right into focus and sound and fit great.

Thanks for the tip. They didn't come with foam covers, so I'd have to see if I can find any. Still open to alternative suggestions, though.

May 25, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #385 of 419
I can't understand how people enjoy these, to my ears they sounds terribly muffled and lack detail. Maybe its because im used to HD598's and a151p's? Guess its time to dig out the earpods and give them another try.

May 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #386 of 419
I can't understand how people enjoy these, to my ears they sounds terribly muffled and lack detail. Maybe its because im used to HD598's and a151p's? Guess its time to dig out the earpods and give them another try.

If you don't mind irreversible mods, grab a pin and remove the grills and protective film from the front and side vents of the earpods.

Instantly improves clarity.

May 25, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #387 of 419
After getting and listening to Noble K10U A, these sound so bad, almost like a joke. Still good for less than $50 but do yourselves a favour and get K10U A if you can afford it.

May 28, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #389 of 419

yes i'm considering these too, for the gym...the earpods came with the ipod i just bought, had them before (nano)
but i get frustrated as they're always slipping around.
....imo they're great sounding little buds for what they do per their price point....don't be overly critical and just enjoy them for what they are.

May 28, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #390 of 419
  After getting and listening to Noble K10U A, these sound so bad, almost like a joke. Still good for less than $50 but do yourselves a favour and get K10U A if you can afford it.

lol.....'tis like saying we'd all better buy a porsche or lambo (etc) because the ubiquitous
honda civic just doesn't cut it for 'real driving', comparatively.

but i hear you: i'm sure we'd all agree there is a night and day difference;
but for what these earpods are used for (mine are for the gym or as a replacement/transition/backup)
they do just fine in many instances.  

reminds me of one column by a car reviewer (toronto star?) who'd had checked out all the $$$$ cars per his long career,
(you know the ones the vast majority of us can't afford in the plus $100k range).
In one particular column ( when he was reviewing the civic) he stated that this vehicle was simply one of the most
'fun' cars he's ever driven, such that he often ended up taking it out and about town more than those other more $$$ test cars that had been in his driveway at one point or another.
And to me that is what these apple ear pods are: unpretentious and fun, with very decent sound for their price point, and thus offering good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back