Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Aug 22, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #931 of 979
My take is that EQ is not “simple” enough in Apple’a eyes. Too many bars and switches.
Funny enough they have an "EQ" in Apple Music. It's a list of presets you can choose from.
Since I don't use the Apple Podcasts app I wonder if they have one in there as well.
Apple TV doesn't have one.
I’ve been able to maintain a relatively steady 60dB on my APP1. Curious to hear what others do.
Usually at 50% which results to somewhere between 60-70 dB.
Even when I'm driving on my motorcycle, the ANC works really well.

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #934 of 979
Obviously, it was for the void that even the Tesla could not fill. :wink:

Forget about Teslas, the engraving is epic :dt880smile: It really made me laugh

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #935 of 979
Been on holiday for 3 weeks, I took

> Campfire Andromeda + Fiio utsw5 for an LDAC true wireless experience
>airpods Pro 2

Every day ive packed both in my bag. After week 1 the campfire's haven't come out once. I think I actually prefer the timbre and open presentation of the APP2, and certainly the comfort. Plus BA bass is just not doing it for me lol...

The thing with APP2 to is I never feel myself wanting more. They provide a great soundstage, solid detail and a fantastic tonal balance. I think Apple has actually killed off the need for most iems at this point, at with APP3 it could be very likely that even more us will just jump ship and abandon our kilobuck purchases...

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #937 of 979
This story is going back more than 6 months, since 14 March 2023.

The short summary is this: If you have a pair of APP 2 that you buying in the first few months of release, is very probably that the battery life of your charging case (CC) is very bad.

After 6 months and many, many phone calls with at least 5 different Apple advisors (second line of support), a lot of frustration, anger, disappointment and many hours of wasting time in the telephone, I finally receiving a replacement charging case 25 days ago and now things are normal. Only the last Apple advisor really seeing the very obvious problem and working patiently for resolving this problem.

I will not telling all the story because is EXTREMELY long and boring, but this are the main points:

1. I seeing from early days that my CC (charging case) is losing battery very fast. My personal use of APP2 is about 20-30 mins from Monday to Friday for one specific task and don't using for nothing more. I seeing that every day the CC battery is going down significantly, and I have many features off (find my, chiming sounds, ear detection, etc).

2. I deciding waiting more long time for contacting Apple support because I needing the APP2 for special task I do from Monday to Friday....until one day the APP2 dying completely, no sound, no connection to any device. I resetting, etc, and nothing is fixing the problem.

3. Now I desperate needing a replacement. So, I receiving what I thinking is excellent support, but still I need buying a new pair directly from Apple because I needing other APP2 for the important task I'm doing 5 days of the week and the new purchase Apple is delivering in next day and the repair I'm thinking is taking possibly 10-15 days? I know I have 14 days with Apple for full refund, so I think that after I receiving my repair I returning the second pair.

4. So, then I calling support, I saying my APP2 dying and that ALSO from beginning I have very bad battery drain problem. For my incredible surprise Apple are extremely very quick and in only 2 days (from sending my faulty pair) I have the fix (they exchanging left and right AirPods) and my original pair is back. I'm very happy for excellent service and I even writing a post here in this thread. But then I deciding taking screenshots (one or two times in a day) of battery discharge of both pairs for 7 days without using both APP2s at all. For this I deciding not using the APP2 for my Monday - Friday task and deciding using my full size ANC headphone (Solitaire T) because I needing a lot good ANC. My shock is that the battery life of the new APP2 charging case is very, VERY better.

5. So, I sending all screenshots of both pairs to Apple and, at he same time, returning the second pair for full refund. Apple asking me sending the original APP2 pair again but this time ONLY for the battery drain problem.

After this, the story is extremely loooooong. Different advisers telling different stories about normal specs, how the technicians testing...asking me for more screenshots, installing special software for recording logs....etc., etc., etc. AND etc, etc. etc. I keep saying to different advisers that I know the battery drain of the CC is completely wrong and that I sending already proof of other pair, in practically new conditions showing completely different results. I telling them, and this is true, that I still have 2 pairs of AP second Gen, one pair of AP third Gen (and my memory of my sold APP1) and that the battery in all this 4 pairs is nothing like the APP2 I buying last year when the APP2 releasing.

The results of my original pair (in like new condition and using ONLY for 2-2.5 hours in a week for 6 months): in 9 full days of not using at all: 82% battery discharge (18% is remaining in CC).

The results with a new replacement charging case: in 25 full days of not using at all: 23% battery discharge (77% is remaining in CC).

Attachments

• IMG_2154.PNG
    IMG_2154.PNG
    485.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0058.PNG
    IMG_0058.PNG
    902.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #940 of 979
Anyone uses non-stock eartips? I've tried the SednaEarfit Crystals but looking to get the SpinFit Superfines or the Sedna MAX next.
I’ve used the Comply tips for a while.
They are very comfortable but you have to replace them from time to time.
In addition I used the large model to get a proper seal but they cause problems when the Airpods are in the case.
Sometimes one of them doesn’t make proper contact and doesn’t charge.

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #941 of 979
This story is going back more than 6 months, since 14 March 2023.

The short summary is this: If you have a pair of APP 2 that you buying in the first few months of release, is very probably that the battery life of your charging case (CC) is very bad.

After 6 months and many, many phone calls with at least 5 different Apple advisors (second line of support), a lot of frustration, anger, disappointment and many hours of wasting time in the telephone, I finally receiving a replacement charging case 25 days ago and now things are normal. Only the last Apple advisor really seeing the very obvious problem and working patiently for resolving this problem.

I will not telling all the story because is EXTREMELY long and boring, but this are the main points:

1. I seeing from early days that my CC (charging case) is losing battery very fast. My personal use of APP2 is about 20-30 mins from Monday to Friday for one specific task and don't using for nothing more. I seeing that every day the CC battery is going down significantly, and I have many features off (find my, chiming sounds, ear detection, etc).

2. I deciding waiting more long time for contacting Apple support because I needing the APP2 for special task I do from Monday to Friday....until one day the APP2 dying completely, no sound, no connection to any device. I resetting, etc, and nothing is fixing the problem.

3. Now I desperate needing a replacement. So, I receiving what I thinking is excellent support, but still I need buying a new pair directly from Apple because I needing other APP2 for the important task I'm doing 5 days of the week and the new purchase Apple is delivering in next day and the repair I'm thinking is taking possibly 10-15 days? I know I have 14 days with Apple for full refund, so I think that after I receiving my repair I returning the second pair.

4. So, then I calling support, I saying my APP2 dying and that ALSO from beginning I have very bad battery drain problem. For my incredible surprise Apple are extremely very quick and in only 2 days (from sending my faulty pair) I have the fix (they exchanging left and right AirPods) and my original pair is back. I'm very happy for excellent service and I even writing a post here in this thread. But then I deciding taking screenshots (one or two times in a day) of battery discharge of both pairs for 7 days without using both APP2s at all. For this I deciding not using the APP2 for my Monday - Friday task and deciding using my full size ANC headphone (Solitaire T) because I needing a lot good ANC. My shock is that the battery life of the new APP2 charging case is very, VERY better.

5. So, I sending all screenshots of both pairs to Apple and, at he same time, returning the second pair for full refund. Apple asking me sending the original APP2 pair again but this time ONLY for the battery drain problem.

After this, the story is extremely loooooong. Different advisers telling different stories about normal specs, how the technicians testing...asking me for more screenshots, installing special software for recording logs....etc., etc., etc. AND etc, etc. etc. I keep saying to different advisers that I know the battery drain of the CC is completely wrong and that I sending already proof of other pair, in practically new conditions showing completely different results. I telling them, and this is true, that I still have 2 pairs of AP second Gen, one pair of AP third Gen (and my memory of my sold APP1) and that the battery in all this 4 pairs is nothing like the APP2 I buying last year when the APP2 releasing.

The results of my original pair (in like new condition and using ONLY for 2-2.5 hours in a week for 6 months): in 9 full days of not using at all: 82% battery discharge (18% is remaining in CC).

The results with a new replacement charging case: in 25 full days of not using at all: 23% battery discharge (77% is remaining in CC).
Wait dang, that explains a lot. My AP2 case seems to lose a lot of its charge idly. Is this a known problem that they haven't addressed?

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #942 of 979
Is this a known problem that they haven't addressed?

Probably in some forums, I don't checking, I only know my experience that the battery drain is 100% wrong.

The second pair of APP2 I buying 6 months after release isn't have this problem and I showing Apple many screenshots proving this.

Even one of the 5 or 6 Apple advisors (second line support) saying this is normal behaviour and saying he can't initiating a repair ticket. I putting the phone down and speaking to new advisor because I KNOW this is complete BS.

Is only after 6 months that, after sending original pair 3 times (!!) for same problem, and insisting very seriously, that Apple replacing the charging case that is now very, very more better than my original pair like I showing in the screenshots in my previous post.

I buying a lot of (very expensive) Apple products in last 22 years and having a lot of experience for testing for problems in different devices. But even if this is my first Apple product (APP2 is not cheap for normal consumer!), this isn't acceptable AT ALL. My conclusion is that Apple don't want hundreds (or thousands) of replacements of new charging cases so they making this very, very difficult for replacing the case for people complaining about a drain problem. And even when I saying I comparing 2 identical pairs of APP2, with same battery condition that showing BIG difference in battery drain, and that I have others 3 pairs of more old AirPods (2x second Gen and 1x third Gen, and my memory of the original APP1) that never having big drain, they making things very difficult. The tech support in the 3 times I sending my pair doing quick test(s) and returning the same day and saying in the notes that "no battery drain problem is present".

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #943 of 979
Probably in some forums, I don't checking, I only know my experience that the battery drain is 100% wrong.

The second pair of APP2 I buying 6 months after release isn't have this problem and I showing Apple many screenshots proving this.

Even one of the 5 or 6 Apple advisors (second line support) saying this is normal behaviour and saying he can't initiating a repair ticket. I putting the phone down and speaking to new advisor because I KNOW this is complete BS.

Is only after 6 months that, after sending original pair 3 times (!!) for same problem, and insisting very seriously, that Apple replacing the charging case that is now very, very more better than my original pair like I showing in the screenshots in my previous post.

I buying a lot of (very expensive) Apple products in last 22 years and having a lot of experience for testing for problems in different devices. But even if this is my first Apple product (APP2 is not cheap for normal consumer!), this isn't acceptable AT ALL. My conclusion is that Apple don't want hundreds (or thousands) of replacements of new charging cases so they making this very, very difficult for replacing the case for people complaining about a drain problem. And even when I saying I comparing 2 identical pairs of APP2, with same battery condition that showing BIG difference in battery drain, and that I have others 3 pairs of more old AirPods (2x second Gen and 1x third Gen, and my memory of the original APP1) that never having big drain, they making things very difficult. The tech support in the 3 times I sending my pair doing quick test(s) and returning the same day and saying in the notes that "no battery drain problem is present".
Yeah thats basically what I got from support. Hard to show/tell them that one is draining more than the other. Thanks for posting the find!

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #945 of 979

This problem has been resolved for me after iOS 17 and APP2 version 6A301. The case does not drain anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back