Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Aug 3, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #916 of 979
We are. Not the primary audience of the AirPods.

For what it’s worth, I agree with you. Even if I don’t use customization features very often, I use them enough to miss them at times. I’m just postulating why things people here would take for granted don’t exist.
Very true.

Aug 3, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #917 of 979
Very true.
I realized the wording was ambiguous but it does go both ways. I tried to say that we are here on Head Fi, not the mainstream.

Aug 4, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #919 of 979
Aug 4, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #920 of 979
Yea, I listen quietly so that’s probably part of the problem as well.
Do you keep track of the decibels displayed on the iPhone?

I’ve been able to maintain a relatively steady 60dB on my APP1. Curious to hear what others do.

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #921 of 979
Keep in mind the Airpods Pro 2 have dynamic EQ baked in. The tuning changes based on the sound level/volume settings.

https://precog.squig.link/?share=Ap..._Pro_Gen_2_97dB,Apple_Airpods_Pro_Gen_2_103dB
Exactly. And a large part of the rationale behind no EQ is Apple’s ‘it just works’ ethos. Users shouldn’t have to mess around with EQ settings themselves when you can attain the (admittedly subjective) best sound possible by default through their computational audio.

It’s no different to the apparent lack of customisation in iOS vs Android. It’s actually something I personally really appreciate about the Apple ecosystem. The mess that you see with most Android home screens and bizarre custom fonts gives me chills. And I say that as a developer by trade

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #922 of 979
Exactly. And a large part of the rationale behind no EQ is Apple’s ‘it just works’ ethos. Users shouldn’t have to mess around with EQ settings themselves when you can attain the (admittedly subjective) best sound possible by default through their computational audio.

It’s no different to the apparent lack of customisation in iOS vs Android. It’s actually something I personally really appreciate about the Apple ecosystem. The mess that you see with most Android home screens and bizarre custom fonts gives me chills. And I say that as a developer by trade
But the option would be nice. Nobody has to use EQ just because it’s there, but the option would be nice.

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #924 of 979
True, but that’s just not the Apple way. User choice isn’t a thing when they know best :smirk:
Which was one reason I stayed away from Apple for as long as I did. They’ve gotten a bit better about it, but not completely.

I ended up getting the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3’s today from my local Best Buy for $179. They have a more audiophile focused sound, especially after EQ. So these will do.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #925 of 979
Yep. The Pro2 is solid. They sound significantly better, fit better, play longer, have arguably the best noise cancellation of all TWS buds and feature very useful touch controls.

I use mine when walking my dog. They’re optimal for that.
I wholeheartedly agree that they sound better, but I don't understand the assertion that they "fit better." Aren't they physically identical to the original AirPods Pro?

Aug 17, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #929 of 979
Hi, everyone.
Has anyone experienced a much lower battery life than advertised? The case goes down overnight like 40% to charge the earbuds that were at 60% of battery left, for example.
I've never been able to use them for longer than 15 hours (obviously, using the case). The 6 hours claim for the earbuds seems pretty accurate in my experience, but the case drains really fast. It gives me at most 3 full charges (starting with the first use at 100% both the case and buds).
Maybe if I pushed the battery to 0%, it would give me 20 hours, but I'm very far from the 30 hours.

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #930 of 979
After having used the AirPods Pro 2 for over 8 months, I can corroborate some things...

They sound worse when you pair them with an iPhone 8 compared to the other subsequent iPhones. They sound muffled on iPhone 8, but the sound can be quietly improved when you change the sound profile under the "Headphone Accommodation" settings by selecting the Balanced Tone tune. They make the sound way clearer and a bit brighter.

They sound slightly better on my Macbook M2 compared to iPhones. Actually, they sound perfect on the Macbook, without having to EQ nor change tune. (There is no Headphone Accommodation" settings under Mac OS)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back