Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Apr 15, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #872 of 979
Groundhog Day.

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #875 of 979
does airpods pro improved sound quality too with new firmware??
I didn’t measure anything, so nothing concrete here, however I do agree that there has been a shift in tonality, the bass is more rumbly - and treble a bit sweeter.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #876 of 979
I didn’t measure anything, so nothing concrete here, however I do agree that there has been a shift in tonality, the bass is more rumbly - and treble a bit sweeter.
Not sure I’m a fan of the sound changes.

This is just another problem of TWS sets. The manufacturers can tweak the sound thru firmware and 100% of people will never all like the changes. I had to return the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch true wireless buds because just between the time I got them and when my return period would have been over they had changed the sound of them twice.

With AirPods there is no way to stop a firmware update either. There are always people convinced that the ANC is worse or better after each update as well. With wired stuff you always know that you’re going to get.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #877 of 979

Do we know how these measurements were performed ? The only difference is to be found in the 800-2kHz range (which is the transitional range for the APP2 between the range where the classic feedback mechanism operates and the range where I believe a form of secondary feedback operates).

In terms of FR, while I am not 100% certain, I have not noticed a particularly significant difference with the latest firmware when measuring them in a 711 clone coupler from Aliexpress and with proper priming, but this represents both ideal conditions in terms of leakage and non-ideal in terms of the 711 standard being flawed, so I'm not sure how it applies to real world experiences.

In terms of ANC, subjectively speaking I now find it more stable over time. With the original firmware, it would randomly vary in performance over time, and would only go back to normal (or maybe better termed "baseline") if I turned ANC off and then on again, or if I removed the AirPods from my ears and put them back in. It seemed to improve with the previous firmware and now seems fully solved with the latest one.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #879 of 979
Groundhog Day...still!

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #881 of 979
Although I'm a fan of the APP2s overall, one thing I really dislike about them is their inability to handle wind noise when ANC is turned on. Rather than cancel the noise of the wind, they make it louder! I never had that problem with the original-generation APPs.

May 29, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #882 of 979
My APP2 just went through the wash and dry and still work. Are they waterproof or did I just get lucky?

May 29, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #883 of 979
My APP2 just went through the wash and dry and still work. Are they waterproof or did I just get lucky?
Happy to hear it! They are designed to have some water-resistance, though you definitely got lucky. :thumbsup:

I had a pair of the first-generation original AirPods (the long-stemmed ones). Those went through the laundry three times and still worked. 🤣

May 29, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #884 of 979
Happy to hear it! They are designed to have some water-resistance, though you definitely got lucky. :thumbsup:

I had a pair of the first-generation original AirPods (the long-stemmed ones). Those went through the laundry three times and still worked. 🤣
why did you need to wash them 3 times? :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back