Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Apr 11, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #856 of 979
yes,found it, deactivated 'my network'. does can findmy works if you lost one aerbud? or only shows when boxed set?
You can also track the earbuds individually.

Apr 11, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #858 of 979
so,if aerbud in magseal box, or out of box every aerbud always drain its battery?
If the buds are in the case and FindMy is deactivated, the battery will still drain a bit of course, yes. But not much. The buds will always be at 100% when you take them out of the case, though. Only if the case's battery is completely empty, the battery of the buds will drain from 100% to 0% as well. But that will take a long time :wink: Why would you worry about something like that?

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #859 of 979
If the buds are in the case and FindMy is deactivated, the battery will still drain a bit of course, yes. But not much. The buds will always be at 100% when you take them out of the case, though. Only if the case's battery is completely empty, the battery of the buds will drain from 100% to 0% as well. But that will take a long time :wink: Why would you worry about something like that?
i have many aerbuds used and want complete me set with best batteries has buds.

how days take 100% aerbud out of box drain from 100$-to 0% ? 1-2days? when deactivated mynetwork

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #860 of 979
i have many aerbuds used and want complete me set with best batteries has buds.

how days take 100% aerbud out of box drain from 100$-to 0% ? 1-2days? when deactivated mynetwork
I have never tested that and probably never will. It’s just not the way I would ever use them.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #862 of 979
New firmware update out today:

AirPods: 5E133
Case: 54.26.0

As always, we won’t know what good (or harm) it really does. So just jump all in with me folks, won’t you?

Attachments

• Airpods Pro 2 (third firmware update).png
    Airpods Pro 2 (third firmware update).png
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 12, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #864 of 979
for what apple adds firmware update if airpods pro dont any changes sound or use apart difference firmware numbers?
For the same reasons all the other manufacturers provide firmware updates: stability, bug fixes, connectivity, battery management, sometimes improvements with regard to ANC or call quality etc.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #866 of 979
my airpods pro got new firmware too. i dont do nothink. they simply updating yourself. how that can be?
That’s how AirPods have always updated. There is no manual way to do it.

Apr 12, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #868 of 979
no need nothin do,and automatically updated? but im not feel nothink improovement. it is maybe for look only that apple somethink doing
That’s nonsense. And yes, again, they update automatically when connected to an Apple device.

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #869 of 979

Is Spatial Audio and Dolby Atmos the same thing? Worth upgrading from tidal hifi to hifi plus? Or is Apple music better?​

Quick answer is no on all Apple devices for all services. Dolby Atmos is the one of the input formats and Spatial Audio is the output format delivered to your headphones.

Long answer:
Spatial audio is the Apple name for the proprietary non-AAC encoding/decoding and spatial metadata used between Apple devices and Apple headphones together.

Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS (some versions) are example input encoding that Apple has a decoder for in iOS that can then be encoded into the Spatial Audio output format. Apple has also given developer tools to do it themselves and so you will find music such as the Endel app that use their own multichannel mix as an input.

Tidal appears to have gone down a route similar to Endel, however, it appears to mix down to stereo rather than use the Spatial Audio output. This has a big advantage in that it should work with any headphone and saves battery as it uses AAC, but has a disadvantage in that it can’t take particular advantage of the head tracking and personal HRTF of Spatial Audio.

Apple Music OTOH uses Dolby Atmos input for music and Spatial Audio for output on Apple headphones so for APP2 that is the full cream service.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #870 of 979
APP2 are my most listened to piece of equipment for probs 3months+ now.
And I can't shake this weird relationship I have with them. They never wow me, like other headphones and iems I own. When I consciously think about it, they have no discernable big flaw. They are good, very good in some ways. Yet I'm never thinking, 'i love these iems'.
Anyone else have similar feelings?
I can definitely relate to that.

I've had a lot of headphones and IEMs over the years, and still own quite a few. Even though I've got pretty much everything else Apple make, I resisted the AirPods until APP1 came out. I bought them, thought they were pretty good, and carried on listening to other IEMs as well as them.

Then I had few minutes to waste in the local Apple Store, listened to APM and immediately loved them. I knew of them, but had not even bothered to listen to them as I didn't think I'd like them.

Then I bought APP2. I know from the comments on this thread that I'd like them as they seemed to address the flaws that existed in APP1. Sure enough, they are a lot better, to the extent where they are the only IEMs I listen to now.

I think for me, some of it is about losing the 'hobby' side of it; I've got IEMs and headphones that sound better than APP2 and APM, especially if they are paired with DAPs and amps, but nothing that sounds significantly better playing music wirelessly from my iPhone.

Add to that the convenience features of APP2 with the iPhone, and it suddenly feels like too much effort to go back to a 'proper' set up when this is quite close in terms of sound and much easier in day-to-day use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back