Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #826 of 979
No idea never heard the Pi7, I recommend trying them though :) Can't remember hearing sound this good anywhere, I have hifi separates that cost over £1200 that don't sound this good
If those graphs I posted are how it sounds then no wonder you find the APP2’s to be flat.

This is how SoundGuys measured the APP2, just to compare:
IMG_0601.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #827 of 979
If those graphs I posted are how it sounds then no wonder you find the APP2’s to be flat.
Graphs can hide the truth imo. rtings comparison of the APP2 to the Pi7 S2 is "the APP2 are slightly better, and have a more neutral sound which some people may prefer". That's their entire summary of the difference in sound quality. But in reality one is dull and lifeless and the other is jaw-dropping sonic bliss, to my ears at least

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #828 of 979
Graphs can hide the truth imo. rtings comparison of the APP2 to the Pi7 S2 is "the APP2 are slightly better, and have a more neutral sound which some people may prefer". That's their entire summary of the difference in sound quality. But in reality one is dull and lifeless and the other is jaw-dropping sonic bliss, to my ears at least
That’s a matter of preference and bass is highly subjective. To my tastes the APP2’s have a bit more bass than I want for critical listening. They are OK for on the go or for non critical listening though.

If those graphs I posted are representative of how the PI7 sounds then I would absolutely hate it.

*Edited *

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #830 of 979
I didn't post any graphs, and I'd be truly amazed if anyone could hate how these things sound, I've been in musical heaven since they arrived
I meant to say “I” posted. I fixed it.

I’m in musical heaven with my ER4SR with the mentioned small bass shelf, but I’d say a huuuge majority of people would still call them bass light and not like them. We all have our own preferences. I also like my Timeless AE with a little bass reduction. A lot of people like the Timeless, and a lot have tried it and didn’t like it. It’s all preference.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #832 of 979
Yeah totally agree, I'd love to meet someone who didn't love the Pi7 S2 sound though, just for my own curiosity really
I can say that if those graphs I posted pictures of are even just somewhat correct then I definitely wouldn’t like them. I’m picky.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #834 of 979
Apr 6, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #836 of 979
Just curious but what is it about the graph that you don't like? I don't really know much about frequency response graphs, what are you looking for?
it’s probably the most obvious “V-shape” I’ve ever seen. Way too bass heavy and way too heavy in the mid-bass. The treble is a bit uneven too, but it may not sound as uneven as it looks there.

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #837 of 979
Yeah it's because they tested it with ANC on, I've emailed them asking them to test it with it off. The ANC boosts the bass by a huge amount, not sure why seems like a weird thing to do

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #838 of 979
Personally I like the bass, i find it incredible that I can hear sub-bass notes through a pair of true wireless earphones. But with ANC off it's much more neutral, the bass emphasis goes away. It's useless at actually cancelling noise so they might as well just call it a bass boost function haha

Love how mids sound through it, I think that's my favourite thing about these, mids are so silky smooth it's just stunning

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #839 of 979
Yeah it's because they tested it with ANC on, I've emailed them asking them to test it with it off. The ANC boosts the bass by a huge amount, not sure why seems like a weird thing to do
Ok, but ANC buds are meant to be used primarily with ANC on. So if that’s how they sound, then that’s how they’ll sound.

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #840 of 979
Ok, but ANC buds are meant to be used primarily with ANC on. So if that’s how they sound, then that’s how they’ll sound.
Personally I like the bass, i find it incredible that I can hear sub-bass notes through a pair of true wireless earphones. But with ANC off it's much more neutral, the bass emphasis goes away. It's useless at actually cancelling noise so they might as well just call it a bass boost function haha

Love how mids sound through it, I think that's my favourite thing about these, mids are so silky smooth it's just stunning
I like neutral and detailed. I listen kind of quietly so I like a detailed sound so I can soak it all in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back