Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Apr 2, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #811 of 984
Still better than the Apple AirPods Pro 2 and I only paid $99 at a Black Friday deal. The APP2 doesn’t even come with EQ, also the controls are annoying as hell. Increasing volume up/down doesn’t work most of time. The ANC of the APP2 is also worse. Let alone battery life.

The only thing the AirPods Pro 2 beats full sized headphones at is for fitness and running.
Sounds like a defective unit or a pirated unit to me lol ( not even kidding, the APP2 has tons of false units in the market).

Never had one instance where the volume control did not work for me after 4 months of using my APP2. Maybe you are doing it wrong.

Apr 2, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #812 of 984
And here is an other one since you believe so much in your frequency charts.

How does a Focal Utopia have so much bass impact while the bass is completely neutral according to the measurements?

Maybe you need to stop relying on these measurements so much as they don’t tell the entire picture. The type of driver, size, special technologies (like Focal in their case) also play a role which you don’t see in frequency graphs.

This is my last post and reply about your (majority of) silly, misinformed and insulting comments that, interestingly, ignoring several of the positive points of the APP 2 I mentioning several posts ago. So typical of people like you. At least I hoping that you can having decency of admitting some critical aspects that you omitting about the APP 2. But, of course, you can't doing this.

For your information, I'm not a person that relying in frequency response graphs. In fact, I'm usually a very early buyer of the products that I speaking about, like the APP 2 (I think I'm the first or second person that saying here in this thread how excellent the sound is), and is usually that the graphs becoming available (very) more late after my opinions about a headphone or earphone, and is very often that the graphs coinciding with my opinions of good and not very good (or terrible) sound. And, by the way, the qualities of the sound of a headphone aren't only in frequency response graphs. There are other graphs too.

And, about graphs, I always asking to people like you: Why are Jude, and other 'silly' similar people investing more and more money for obtaining this graphs? Yes, maybe they're drinking the same "kool aid" you saying I'm drinking. Or maybe you are drinking and/or smoking something very different?

Your suppositions about me AND my hearing and not knowing how using EQ are more funny and entertaining than they are ridiculous, but is close relation of all this 3 aspects, I must admitting. Your comments about bass performance in audio are soooo subjective... You're repeating the $99 price of the XM3 is only adding to the entertainment. Sadly, I paying original price because I buying very early when XM3 is available and only keeping because for a long time the ANC is the only necessary part for me.

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #813 of 984
This is my last post and reply about your (majority of) silly, misinformed and insulting comments that, interestingly, ignoring several of the positive points of the APP 2 I mentioning several posts ago. So typical of people like you. At least I hoping that you can having decency of admitting some critical aspects that you omitting about the APP 2. But, of course, you can't doing this.

For your information, I'm not a person that relying in frequency response graphs. In fact, I'm usually a very early buyer of the products that I speaking about, like the APP 2 (I think I'm the first or second person that saying here in this thread how excellent the sound is), and is usually that the graphs becoming available (very) more late after my opinions about a headphone or earphone, and is very often that the graphs coinciding with my opinions of good and not very good (or terrible) sound. And, by the way, the qualities of the sound of a headphone aren't only in frequency response graphs. There are other graphs too.

And, about graphs, I always asking to people like you: Why are Jude, and other 'silly' similar people investing more and more money for obtaining this graphs? Yes, maybe they're drinking the same "kool aid" you saying I'm drinking. Or maybe you are drinking and/or smoking something very different?

Your suppositions about me AND my hearing and not knowing how using EQ are more funny and entertaining than they are ridiculous, but is close relation of all this 3 aspects, I must admitting. Your comments about bass performance in audio are soooo subjective... You're repeating the $99 price of the XM3 is only adding to the entertainment. Sadly, I paying original price because I buying very early when XM3 is available and only keeping because for a long time the ANC is the only necessary part for me.
Hi Angelom,
Do you recommend upgrading from APP1 to APP2 on sound; are they that much better?? Thanks

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #814 of 984
Hi Angelom,
Do you recommend upgrading from APP1 to APP2 on sound; are they that much better?? Thanks

Hello Not so fat head,

Isn't only me, but even (many) others people that waiting and waiting for more reviews and comments about the APP 2 having a big surprise how good is the APP 2 is in sound quality, and many that knowing already the APP 1 too. So, the quick answer is a definite yes.

I starting writing my comments of the APP 2 the first day they are available for purchasing. But here is a review from a very good and one of my favourite reviewers, a very impartial, genuine reviewer (not like soooo many others mediocre apparent reviewers that aren't authentic reviewers) who publishing his review, incidentally, several weeks / months after I writing my comments in this thread:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #816 of 984
How would you describe the spatial audio mode in comparison with the stereo mode and is it normal that I think it is better for listening to music?

If you go in the video above at 16:54 you will seeing Darko is speaking about spatial audio. He's making some interesting comments.

For me, and I don't streaming music, so all my music library is from stereo CDs and stereo downloads, my personal experience with spatial audio is that isn't giving so good sound like normal stereo. The sound with spatial audio isn't only not convincing me, but is sounding artificial sometimes. But this is personal and you or others people maybe thinking is sounding very nice. But, remember, I'm always speaking here about normal stereo (re)masters/mixes.

I think for spatial audio working well with music, the (re)mix must be specifically for this, similar to genuine 5.1 surround (re)mixes when using a home system, and even in some cases some of this genuine 5.1 (re)mixes aren't so good always because the person doing the mix isn't making good audio decisions for the final product.

BUT, like I saying some posts ago, for films AND podcasts spatial audio is really excellent, very better than normal stereo.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #817 of 984

What "misinformed" and "insults". I'm stating the obvious. Comparing frequency graphs makes no sense because an EQ alters the frequency response. Do you know what an EQ does?

I don't care how Jude and other spend their time, the bass response of IEM's like APP2 sounds completely different than full sized headphone no matter what the frequency response says. Heck, even between IEM's, the bass response is different between Balanced Armature drivers and Dynamic drivers no matter what the frequency response says.

And yes, i find it funny how you are using frequency response charts while an EQ changes it.

Anyway, I'm out of here and let you continue your dream that the APP2 is better than full sized headphones and do bass just as good as them too. I got better things to do.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #818 of 984
Hi,

Trying to ignore the Apple/Android and Sony/Others feuds (not only on this thread). I’m sorry to give this more attention, as I usually believe not giving relevance to an issue does give it less importance. It does. But come on guys. This is all subjective to our ears, how we perceive sound and what we like.
Let’s just enjoy each other’s toys and, most importantly, try to respect each other and each other’s experiences and opinions. Some will definitely be the exact opposite. This is not brands and egos. This is sound and pleasure. YMMDV. End.

What brought me here are two questions. I’m listening to my (loving) APP2, through an iPhone XS, on Tidal (don’t think this happens in Spotify, not sure yet)... have you experienced sudden dips in volume?
And, why does the case sometimes chime when I pick up my backpack? Is it looking for the phone and trying to connect when I get near it? Sorry if this is weird or just basic stuff, it’s just I have no previous experience with AirPods and want to make sure I’m not going nuts. Or I have to replace them.

Thanks!

Edit: by the way, I don’t think the sudden dip in sound ever happened indoors, I believe only when out and about. Thx.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #819 of 984
My thoughts on APP2: owned them from launch until just a few days ago. Fantastic ANC, all the usual apple convenience features, transparency mode is great etc. but something about the way they sound makes me never want to listen to music, just podcasts and TV. Not sure why, I'm sure it's a personal taste issue but something about their sound is just too flat and clinical, it just doesn't work for me. Was the same with the original APP, I only ever wanted to listen to podcasts with those too.

Apr 6, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #820 of 984
My thoughts on APP2: owned them from launch until just a few days ago. Fantastic ANC, all the usual apple convenience features, transparency mode is great etc. but something about the way they sound makes me never want to listen to music, just podcasts and TV. Not sure why, I'm sure it's a personal taste issue but something about their sound is just too flat and clinical, it just doesn't work for me. Was the same with the original APP, I only ever wanted to listen to podcasts with those too.
Yea……. To me they are definitely not flat. Compared to something truly flat like an Etymotic ER4SR the APP2’s are bass heavy and overall a little V-shaped. I still like them for on the go, like grocery shopping or riding a bicycle or whatever, but I definitely don’t hear them as flat and clinical.

My preference target is my ER4SR with a +3dB bass shelf starting at 125hz (Q of .7), and +2dB at 12k (Q of 1.2) for some extra sparkle. A +3 bass shelf is still quite a bit less bass than the APP2’s.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #822 of 984
Maybe flat is the wrong word then, I'm not really an expert, but there's something about their sound that I just don't enjoy for music.
I’m not sure. I think they sound pretty good for a TWS set though. To me they are a little bass boosted but I’m ok with that. They do really good for my intended usage which isn’t critical listening, but just for quick out of the house excursions like grocery shopping or something. They’ll get used at home sometimes when I’m not looking to listen critically or I’ll use them for TV or YouTube sometimes.

Something similar to my ER4SR in the form of a TWS would be cool if they sounded 100% as good and exactly the same, but that wouldn’t be what I’d want for the times I use them. What I mean to say, is that for me the APP2’s have their uses.

Maybe one day we’ll get wireless that’s truly equal to wired quality and get some sound signatures closer to reference sets.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #824 of 984
Try Pi7 S2. Night and day compared to APP2. I can't go back, Airpods are ruined forever now lol
Does the S2 sound different than the PI7 non S2?

Cause this looks pretty bad to me: IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0600.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #825 of 984
No idea never heard the Pi7, I recommend trying them though :) Can't remember hearing sound this good anywhere, I have hifi separates that cost over £1200 that don't sound this good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back