Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Apr 7, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #841 of 979
i’ve had these since release but never bothered to change the tips. any recommendations? stock one doesn’t go very far into my ear and can sometimes fall out when doing weights at the gym.

Apr 8, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #842 of 979
i’ve had these since release but never bothered to change the tips. any recommendations? stock one doesn’t go very far into my ear and can sometimes fall out when doing weights at the gym.
Tried a couple of cheap ones from Aliexpress etc but have always come back to the Apple stock tips. They just sound the best to my ears. I do exchange them every 3-4 months or so, though. Not very expensive and new ones have a better grip and seal again then.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #843 of 979

Is Spatial Audio and Dolby Atmos the same thing? Worth upgrading from tidal hifi to hifi plus? Or is Apple music better?​

Apr 8, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #844 of 979

Is Spatial Audio and Dolby Atmos the same thing? Worth upgrading from tidal hifi to hifi plus? Or is Apple music better?​

They're very similar, but spatial audio is only on Apple products and you can turn on head tracking on the APP2s, which is not generally available on "regular" Dolby. I read that they were coming out with Dolby Head Tracking, but I don't know if it's backwards compatible. It's really kind of a gimmick IMHO, other than watching video - that's really cool to watch a movie with it. Some people like music in Dolby/Spatial, others are not (kind of like EQ). I think Apple Music is a better deal with more of a selection, and you don't pay more for Spatial.

Apr 8, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #845 of 979

Yes and No.

Dolby Atmos mostly is a way to format a master. If the engineers send the same master to both Tidal and Apple, the song will sound different because, unless I'm mistaken, Tidal binauralises the Dolby Atmos file before streaming it, using Dolby's own binaural renderer, while Apple streams a multi-channel file and binauralises it on the fly, on device, with their own renderer, which is quite different from Dolby's.

Apr 8, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #846 of 979
Maybe I should try apple music

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #847 of 979
APP2 are my most listened to piece of equipment for probs 3months+ now.
And I can't shake this weird relationship I have with them. They never wow me, like other headphones and iems I own. When I consciously think about it, they have no discernable big flaw. They are good, very good in some ways. Yet I'm never thinking, 'i love these iems'.
Anyone else have similar feelings?

Apr 9, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #848 of 979
Yeah,they sounds good. Charges them self in a box.very easy to use.no connection issues. Humans like things thats easy to use…that make the airpods to a winner

Apr 9, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #849 of 979
Airpods (Pro) arguably are one of the best (if not the best) Apple products and have been for years now. Easy to use, convenient, very pocketable, feature rich, more than good enough sound quality (especially the APP2), still relatively „affordable“, great ANC, great for calls, very solid battery life, single bud use, wireless charging, spatial audio - you name it.

They do a little bit of everything and most importantly do most of these things exceptionally well.

They have become my number 1 TWS as well and I’ve tested and owned so many…

Apr 11, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #852 of 979
does any knows how much normally airpods pro box with aerbuds loos power at 24hours if no used?
Depends on whether the „FindMy“ feature is active or not. If it is, the „idle“ battery drain is significantly higher compared to having that feature deactivated.

Apr 11, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #853 of 979
Depends on whether the „FindMy“ feature is active or not. If it is, the „idle“ battery drain is significantly higher compared to having that feature deactivated.
how to deactivate findmy function. im bought used airpods pro and maybe previuos owner can see airpods where they are? im reset airpods by pressing knob for 30sec as shows apple support. so airpods now connected to my iphone . or i must deactived findmy on my iphone. ?

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #854 of 979
how to deactivate findmy function. im bought used airpods pro and maybe previuos owner can see airpods where they are? im reset airpods by pressing knob for 30sec as shows apple support. so airpods now connected to my iphone . or i must deactived findmy on my iphone. ?
It’s a setting on your phone (a switch). Just go to the iPhone settings while your AirPods are connected to the phone. There, you will find the AirPods settings and in there you will find the button to (de-)activate the FindMy network feature.

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #855 of 979
It’s a setting on your phone (a switch). Just go to the iPhone settings while your AirPods are connected to the phone. There, you will find the AirPods settings and in there you will find the button to (de-)activate the FindMy network feature.
yes,found it, deactivated 'my network'. does can findmy works if you lost one aerbud? or only shows when boxed set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back