Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Aug 23, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #361 of 979
Now I'm wondering if the original pair was defective from the start. I could never get them to pass an ear tip test, and although they sounded OK, they were lacking bass and weren't great. The replacement pair passed with ADV tips and stock, and sound so much better. Anyone have similar experiences?
Mine lacked bass also , but i could pass the ear tip test.

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #362 of 979
So, there are rumors of new AirPods Pro V2 being released this week. Supposedly new "fitness tracking" functions and USB-C charging case or maybe just internal HW-updates.

Can they sound better than current version too?

I just got my APP updated because of noise issues. But I am ready for an update :)

Sep 5, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #363 of 979
So, there are rumors of new AirPods Pro V2 being released this week. Supposedly new "fitness tracking" functions and USB-C charging case or maybe just internal HW-updates.

Can they sound better than current version too?

I just got my APP updated because of noise issues. But I am ready for an update :)
I hope the tuning is different from the current pro´s , had them and didnt liked their sound ... other tws ( Sennheiser , Sony , Huawei ) sound way better to my ears.. but would be nice to have some really great sounding iems from apple in the ecosystem.

Sep 7, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #364 of 979
The new updates seem fairly minor, with battery life being the biggest improvement IMO. Find My for the case is nice as well, but finding my APPs was never a problem for me. I was hoping there'd be some sort of special-sauce lossless connection as well, but that's not a real possibility until Bluetooth ups its max bandwidth by a lot.

Sep 7, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #365 of 979
The new updates seem fairly minor, with battery life being the biggest improvement IMO. Find My for the case is nice as well, but finding my APPs was never a problem for me. I was hoping there'd be some sort of special-sauce lossless connection as well, but that's not a real possibility until Bluetooth ups its max bandwidth by a lot.
Volume control by sliding finger over it is nice feature.

Sep 8, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #367 of 979
Fairly minor? Hmmm... to me (and as of course always for Apple's marketing machine - GROUNDBREAKING innovations...) I think there are some nice updates:
- The better noise cancelling is a good update. I never had problems with the current model but if it is better it is welcomed.
- Touch control for volume is a feature I have missed.
- 6 hour battery life will give me almost a full working day for Teams meetings. They can charge during lunch and be ready for a full day. I like that.
- They also claim better definition in the bass. I am planning to order them tomorrow and then well see if they are better soundwise.

Sep 8, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #368 of 979
Fairly minor? Hmmm... to me (and as of course always for Apple's marketing machine - GROUNDBREAKING innovations...) I think there are some nice updates:
- The better noise cancelling is a good update. I never had problems with the current model but if it is better it is welcomed.
- 6 hour battery life will give me almost a full working day for Teams meetings. They can charge during lunch and be ready for a full day. I like that.
- They also claim better definition in the bass. I am planning to order them tomorrow and then well see if they are better soundwise.
Sadly whilst playing music is 6hrs, talk time remains anemic at 4.5 hours so Teams time is not much improved.

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #369 of 979
I also wanted to use it for Teams meeting but I mostly attend meetings via laptop and not via phone as I do screenshare etc and I feel via laptop unless we have bluetooth dongle like those provided by Jebra etc the performance is not great. Have you tried Airpods with laptop for meetings?

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #370 of 979
6 hours of battery life (like recent AP 3) is good upgrade and very sufficient for a lot of people.

Volume control (not available in AP 3) is great, this is the only aspect I'm really want in AP 3.

BUT, 2 x better ANC than APP 1?! If this is really true, and is difficult believing is really 2 x better, then the APP 2 is not only better than all ANC IEMs today but is better too than all the big ANC headphones (including AirPods Max) because APP 1's ANC is very good already.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #371 of 979
I also wanted to use it for Teams meeting but I mostly attend meetings via laptop and not via phone as I do screenshare etc and I feel via laptop unless we have bluetooth dongle like those provided by Jebra etc the performance is not great. Have you tried Airpods with laptop for meetings?
Yes. I almost use them only with my Mac for Teams meetings. I seldomly use them for phone calls.

I placed an order for the new version now I am looking forward to compare the two.

Sep 9, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #372 of 979
6 hours of battery life (like recent AP 3) is good upgrade and very sufficient for a lot of people.

Volume control (not available in AP 3) is great, this is the only aspect I'm really want in AP 3.

BUT, 2 x better ANC than APP 1?! If this is really true, and is difficult believing is really 2 x better, then the APP 2 is not only better than all ANC IEMs today but is better too than all the big ANC headphones (including AirPods Max) because APP 1's ANC is very good already.
THIS.
Also dead curious about how well these implement better spatial audio and boomier bass compared to Apple's previous offerings. Wondering if I can demo at my local Apple Store.

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #374 of 979
Off topic - but anyway and just an anecdote: One of my friends happened to throw his wired Apple EarPods into the washing machine (no softener though and temperature info). When they got out, one of them was indeed sounding muffled. However, after natural drying out for a couple days, it is now back to normal....Quite amazing as I advised him to buy some new.....Don't know if they will pass any official test though :) But they are indeed white as new....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back