Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Feb 28, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #347 of 979
How to do that ?
You go into Headphone Accommodations and then go to audiogram and enter your own audiogram. You can pretend to select a picture of an audiogram, pick any picture, it’ll fail, then you can enter your own values.

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #348 of 979
I just got my AirPods Pro (both sides) replaced for the second time because of the known noise problems and within Apples Service and exchange program for those issues. But getting a new pair just made me realize how fantastic these are; the sound, the convenience, the battery time, the portability. Such a fantastic product. Some of the best spend money in this hobby for me for many years.

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #349 of 979
I just got my AirPods Pro (both sides) replaced for the second time because of the known noise problems and within Apples Service and exchange program for those issues. But getting a new pair just made me realize how fantastic these are; the sound, the convenience, the battery time, the portability. Such a fantastic product. Some of the best spend money in this hobby for me for many years.
try the mtw3.. sounds way .. way better …

Aug 9, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #350 of 979
Really? I tried mtw2 and don't think they're much better than Airpods pro tbh. I don't think any of the tws are that good, right up to PI7, imo, apple users should just buy Airpods Pro and be done.

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #351 of 979
They sound great using Crin’s tool to eq to the Moondrop Variations, or to most well tuned iems that it can closely match.

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #352 of 979
How hard was it to do, and how did they check them? One side of mine has been cracking pretty bad, and now the other has started.

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #353 of 979
How hard was it to do, and how did they check them? One side of mine has been cracking pretty bad, and now the other has started.
Very, very easy to do. Make an appt (just for ease) and they'll test them on their rig. Only takes a min and if there's an issue you'll get the airpod pro replaced, both if both are faulty. They send you home with three new tips as well for each replacement airpod pro.

Best to get them tested soon as the replacement program ends Oct 2022.

Besides, who doesn't like a new airpod pro with a new battery for free? :)

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #354 of 979
Really? I tried mtw2 and don't think they're much better than Airpods pro tbh. I don't think any of the tws are that good, right up to PI7, imo, apple users should just buy Airpods Pro and be done.
have a try , the bass is no compare ( the pros are lacking bass for me , especially on louder volumes ) .. mids are more natural sounding on the mtw3 and the soundstage is also better... i didnt liked the mtw2 that much , but the 3 are really great sounding.

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #355 of 979
They might sound better, but will they be as comfortable for running, exercising, longer Teams-meetings and are they switching between apple devices as fluently as the APP?

Aug 10, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #356 of 979
They might sound better, but will they be as comfortable for running, exercising, longer Teams-meetings and are they switching between apple devices as fluently as the APP?
for me , the most important thing about iems is the sound .. no issues with comfort / fit . i dont really switch devices .. so cant say. i also have the air pods 3 for calls etc but for music , mtw 3 all the way

Aug 10, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #357 of 979
TWS 3 have 28 hours playing time which help with longer Teams meetings vs the AirPods Pro’s 24 hour total time, MTW 3 have a more customizable EQ, better sound, also IPX 4 which means they can be used for running for a long time, and more choices for audio codecs which in turn offers more sound signatures. Swapping between devices is almost as quick, even if I’m not a power user. All for the same $250 price. Yea, Sennheiser easily wins.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #358 of 979
for me , the most important thing about iems is the sound .. no issues with comfort / fit . i dont really switch devices .. so cant say. i also have the air pods 3 for calls etc but for music , mtw 3 all the way
For the purposes where I use my APP, sound is really not the top priority to be honest. (But they sound way better than AirPods 3.) For critical listening on the go, I use my Etymotics. But a true wireless IEM, the most important issue is that they stay in their place in the ear, no matter how I move, is crucial. I have until now avoided IEMs with the form-factor that the Momentums have, only because I am afraid that they move and fall out of my ears when I am running. They seem pretty heavy? But they might prove me wrong. I will have to try the Momentum one day to see if they could be a future option :)

Aug 14, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #359 of 979
Very, very easy to do. Make an appt (just for ease) and they'll test them on their rig. Only takes a min and if there's an issue you'll get the airpod pro replaced, both if both are faulty. They send you home with three new tips as well for each replacement airpod pro.

Best to get them tested soon as the replacement program ends Oct 2022.

Besides, who doesn't like a new airpod pro with a new battery for free? :)
Thanks for the tip! I made an appointment and took them in today - it took about an hour for the audio test and both failed. So I was on my way right after that with two brand new buds and tips. I also only had 12 days left on the Apple Care, but they did say that the static issue would have likely been dealt with after that.

Aug 22, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #360 of 979
Now I'm wondering if the original pair was defective from the start. I could never get them to pass an ear tip test, and although they sounded OK, they were lacking bass and weren't great. The replacement pair passed with ADV tips and stock, and sound so much better. Anyone have similar experiences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back