Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Sep 23, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #391 of 984
I'm sorry but I think that you comparison is wrong, even if I don't have the APP 1 anymore, or at least when I comparing right now the new APP 2 (that I think is better than APP 1) with the MW08. I think the MW08 is having better sound than APP 2, with more definition and resolution with the MW08 beryllium driver that is better than the previous MW07 Plus in distortion, and the bass isn't so accentuated in MW08 than is in APP 2! The MW08 and new APP 2 having more emphasis in low frequencies, but the MW08 is having better tonal balance in general. I think maybe you don't having the right eartips / fit or something isn't right because your very negative opinion of MW08 is very strange.
This is the beauty of this hobby in a nutshell. FWIW, I thought the MW08 sounded not great. Boomy, muddy mess to my ears. Lacked all the charm of the original MW07.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #392 of 984
I didn’t expect that much reading some reviews before I got mine. I have the PI7 as well and if it hadn’t been for some obvious flaws with that products I wouldn’t have gotten the APP2. But boy am I glad I did. The PI7 are very solid in terms of sound - I thought. The APP2 are so much more dynamic and especially for classical music they completely blow the PI7 out of the water. Did not expect that at all. Won’t give them a final conclusion until after I have tested them a bit more, but the first impression is very solid. And I’m a bit lost to why most of the reviews so far seem to think the sound is good, but not that special.

Haven’t used them much yet, but took the metro home this afternoon and the ANC gave a very promising first impression.

Can’t wait to test them running and cycling. The PI7 never really worked for that (even if they are very comfortable- they couldn’t handle wind and at least for me the fit meant I would “hear” every step jogging).

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #393 of 984
I didn’t expect that much reading some reviews before I got mine. I have the PI7 as well and if it hadn’t been for some obvious flaws with that products I wouldn’t have gotten the APP2. But boy am I glad I did. The PI7 are very solid in terms of sound - I thought. The APP2 are so much more dynamic and especially for classical music they completely blow the PI7 out of the water. Did not expect that at all. Won’t give them a final conclusion until after I have tested them a bit more, but the first impression is very solid. And I’m a bit lost to why most of the reviews so far seem to think the sound is good, but not that special.

Haven’t used them much yet, but took the metro home this afternoon and the ANC gave a very promising first impression.

Can’t wait to test them running and cycling. The PI7 never really worked for that (even if they are very comfortable- they couldn’t handle wind and at least for me the fit meant I would “hear” every step jogging).
Thanks for sharing your observations with the APP2. I listen mostly to classical music, so I'm excited to get mine delivered today.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #394 of 984
Thanks for sharing your observations with the APP2. I listen mostly to classical music, so I'm excited to get mine delivered today.

Cool. Looking forward to hear what you think.

For metal/rock my PI7 seem to have a bit more punch and power in the bass. In a quiet environment I might still prefer them for that kind of music. Problem is I rarely use them for that kind of listening and with the superior ANC my guess is that I will basically only use the APP2.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #395 of 984
I'm sorry but I think that you comparison is wrong, even if I don't have the APP 1 anymore, or at least when I comparing right now the new APP 2 (that I think is better than APP 1) with the MW08. I think the MW08 is having better sound than APP 2, with more definition and resolution with the MW08 beryllium driver that is better than the previous MW07 Plus in distortion, and the bass isn't so accentuated in MW08 than is in APP 2! The MW08 and new APP 2 having more emphasis in low frequencies, but the MW08 is having better tonal balance in general. I think maybe you don't having the right eartips / fit or something isn't right because your very negative opinion of MW08 is very strange.
It's not a berylium driver, it's a berylium coated, which tons of iems have under $300. Doesn't mean anything, tiny boost in rigidity.

Sure some people like them. I'll be honest, i suspect they haven't rigorously compared them side by side. There are details in the treble of Airpods Pro that just aren't there on the MW08, or are very faint. It's an objective thing. I can see someone preferring the MW08 if they love bass.
I'm not alone at all either, I just checked Crinnacles tws list and he gave the MW07+ a D+ grade, said they're tonally poor and interestingly the exact same finding as me, mids pushed back due to excessive V shape. And he gives the Airpods Pro a respectable B-. I'm not saying he's an authority, just that people do agree with me and the other poster, so it's not that strange at all. Each to their own.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #396 of 984

one thing, have you tried pI7 from an aptx hd source? They sound like garbage off an iPhone compared to aptx hd sadly, even the volume is about 40% higher on aptx hd. If the APP2 are better than the PI7 on aptx hd then that is tremendous, PI7 are the best tws ive heard!

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #397 of 984
Interesting. I’m hearing some say incremental and others claiming huge improvements. Is the truth in the middle? I currently have the new Bose going. Gonna pick up the APP2 and keep which I prefer. Will post impressions later.
Probably right yes. I already thought the APP 1 were pretty great for what they are, let's say an 8.5/10, so then I'd probably give the APP 2 an 9.5/10. This is all relative - it isn't like there's a big improvement in terms of e.g. soundstage and imaging and those are still pretty limited.

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #398 of 984
one thing, have you tried pI7 from an aptx hd source? They sound like garbage off an iPhone compared to aptx hd sadly, even the volume is about 40% higher on aptx hd. If the APP2 are better than the PI7 on aptx hd then that is tremendous, PI7 are the best tws ive heard!
Yeah, the creative Aptx HD dongle will turn your PI7 into a beast on an iphone. A must have for this headset.

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #399 of 984
Been comparing the Bose QCII to the APP2 a bit today. I just prefer the Bose. They sound much richer and fuller to me. They aren't neutral but they make music sound fun. The APP2 seem thin and bland in comparison. I think the treble is better on the APP and they sound more spacious (not using spatial). Certainly more balanced. Probably why those who like classical like them. I want to like the APP2 more than I do. Guess I'll spend some more time with them.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #400 of 984

This is exactly what I was wondering about how my PI7s would compare. I’ve got the new Apple Pro 2 coming soon. please let us know how your impressions develop. :beerchug:

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #401 of 984
Secured my set. The design must have some very slight design change to the case, because the large tips are giving me a reasonably good seal now. I have a set of XL Xelastic tips coming to replace them and that should make the fit even better.

The sound signature out of the box does seem better than the APP1. They sound a little bassier and a little less upper mid hot. They’ll need more playtime for a real evaluation.

The ANC is quite good. Compared to the APP1 the 2 is very noticeably more effective at removing ambient noise. I’m very happy about that.

Next up I’m taking them out on a dog walk to see how the “adaptive transparency” function works.

So far I’m more favorably impressed than I thought I’d be.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #402 of 984
This is exactly what I was wondering about how my PI7s would compare. I’ve got the new Apple Pro 2 coming soon. please let us know how your impressions develop. :beerchug:
If sound quality is your priority, the PI7 are going to be better overall. That's not to say they are better. The APP2 will be a better jack of all trades TWS IEM. Just depends on what your priorities are.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #404 of 984
Yeah, the creative Aptx HD dongle will turn your PI7 into a beast on an iphone. A must have for this headset.
for sure. PI7 on aptxhd runs circles around any tws ive tried APP included. But you need the dongle annoyingly, on AAC they become par for the course

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #405 of 984
If sound quality is your priority, the PI7 are going to be better overall. That's not to say they are better. The APP2 will be a better jack of all trades TWS IEM. Just depends on what your priorities are.
Thanks! I do like the PI7’s sound. I am hoping to use the Apple product on the bike trail and car, as a passenger. Mine might arrive in time for a dog rescue run😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back