Apparently the Matrix CUBE is available.
Sep 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #61 of 83
Nice to know and good for you. I stand by my statement, just because you like or do not like something does not make it right. The same goes for my opinions and that of others, they are all right from the specific individual perspective. Anyone saying otherwise or attacking that individual perspective is just funny because it is just an opinion (same as the other). Cheers to all.

Back to drinking a Samuel Adams Boston Lager! 
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #63 of 83
Just thought I would mention I am going to pay for one once the funds clear from my bank account into my PayPal. Should be done Friday. Looking forward to its arrival. I heard the Matrix Mini-i once before though (only single ended) and compared it to my Zero DAC and found very little difference, so no, I do not have high hopes for this Matrix Cube. Nevertheless I am eager to do a review on it. 

Sep 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #66 of 83
Just paid for mine on Friday haha. Now waiting for it to arrive...I only noticed a very, very small difference between my Zero and the Matrix Mini-i, so I don't even know if a review on the Cube is even worth it from me.

Sep 26, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #67 of 83
It amuses me to no end that some people are still thinking that a 'cheap' op-amp is the de facto reason why an ENTIRE device is bad without taking a look at the surrounding peripherals and whether or not the op-amp fits the electrical requirements first and foremost. It's almost as bad as those people who brand Sigma Delta DAC chips as teh evil and NOS DAC is superior.

Sorry, I really need to get that out. Anyway I'm looking forward to the Matrix Cube. I didn't like the Matrix Mini-i but their M-Stage is freaking impressive for the price it commends. I also have to add that the Matrix sounds good even with the default piece of crap OPA2134.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #68 of 83

Quote:
It amuses me to no end that some people are still thinking that a 'cheap' op-amp is the de facto reason why an ENTIRE device is bad without taking a look at the surrounding peripherals and whether or not the op-amp fits the electrical requirements first and foremost. It's almost as bad as those people who brand Sigma Delta DAC chips as teh evil and NOS DAC is superior.

Sorry, I really need to get that out. Anyway I'm looking forward to the Matrix Cube. I didn't like the Matrix Mini-i but their M-Stage is freaking impressive for the price it commends. I also have to add that the Matrix sounds good even with the default piece of crap OPA2134.
rolleyes.gif

Did I imply that? I simply assume that the Cube DAC won't be any better than the Mini-i because it is quite a bit cheaper and it is from the same company (I wouldn't think they would make something better sounding for cheaper, even though the Cube is only single ended). Then again, ignorance gets the best of us. 

Sep 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #70 of 83
I AM RELAXED What! 

biggrin.gif
 But yeah, it is pretty amusing when people assume that just because it has a crappy chip in it, the DAC is crap. Simply not true. The DAC chip can actually have very little overall effect on the end result of how the DAC actually sounds.

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #71 of 83
Please do not tell me that Cube's amp section is good as the m stage because I was contemplating between cube and m stage for long time but decided to go with m stage. Hope I made the right decision.

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #72 of 83
I highly doubt it would be anywhere near the M-Stage. Still, better wait for a review or comparison. I think my Cube DAC will arrive this Friday at the earliest.

Oct 4, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #73 of 83
Just hooked it up about 20 minutes ago and I am impressed 
biggrin.gif
 Setup is: WASAPI>Optical (onboard)>Matrix Cube>M^3>DT880 600ohm.

First reaction was: 
tad bloated bass (needs burn in)
very detailed and revealing.
drums sound phenomenal
mind blowing soundstage and instrument separation

This is coming from using a Zero DAC with the same setup. 

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #74 of 83

Stang, how does it compare with the mini-i? I think you were the one that said you weren't impressed with the mini-i compared to the zero. My mistake otherwise. 
Quote:
Just hooked it up about 20 minutes ago and I am impressed 
biggrin.gif
 Setup is: WASAPI>Optical (onboard)>Matrix Cube>M^3>DT880 600ohm.

First reaction was: 
tad bloated bass (needs burn in)
very detailed and revealing.
drums sound phenomenal
mind blowing soundstage and instrument separation

This is coming from using a Zero DAC with the same setup. 

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #75 of 83
Indeed, that is true. The Mini-i didn't impress compared to my Zero, but this Cube certainly does. Who knows if my hearing is just better now or something like that. Nevertheless, for the $178.50usd I paid for this (I won an auction on ebay), this certainly does impress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back