Apparently the Matrix CUBE is available.
Oct 5, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #76 of 83

Quote:
Indeed, that is true. The Mini-i didn't impress compared to my Zero, but this Cube certainly does. Who knows if my hearing is just better now or something like that. Nevertheless, for the $178.50usd I paid for this (I won an auction on ebay), this certainly does impress!

Good to hear. Would you say its worth double the price of the Zero since its about $300 usd in the US? And how does the headphones sound straight out of the cube? I was planning to run HD650s.

Thinking of selling the Zero? If so, I may consider it. 
smile_phones.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #77 of 83
It's a tough call whether or not it is worth double the price or not. If you are just getting into audio, I believe that the Zero would be a better idea because then you could put your left over money toward a much better amp. Zero also has a preamp if you need that at all, the Cube does not (well, cannot control volume with dial when powered monitors are plugged into it anyway). The amplifier in the Cube is actually decent. I have been listening with my DT880s and they sound great. Will wait at least a few more days to actually tell people how good the amp in it is compared to my M^3 though. 

I might sell the Zero, I am not sure yet. Might keep it just because an all in one device can be very handy at times. 

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #79 of 83
Well it was a head-fi'ers Mini-i that I tried, so I cannot directly compare. 

All I remember was that it seemed the Mini-i had more treble and bass (extension and quantity, but not much more). I haven't listened to my Zero for a couple of days now, so I shall warm it up now and give you a brief impression if possible. 

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #81 of 83
Haha how come? 
tongue.gif

Btw to anyone that is interested, I have absolutely no idea when I am going to make an evaluation of the Cube DAC. I definitely hear a difference between it and my Zero, but I am not familiar with the audiophile terms enough to fully explain it all. 

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #82 of 83
Hehe I have both 
biggrin.gif
 T-amp 20 with K1000 is a great combo. I really should do a review next week some time. 

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #83 of 83
Finally finished my review of the Cube, here is the link:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/516993/review-matrix-cube-dac#post_6984969

Stang, I seems like it sounds better with your DT880/600 than it does with my DT880/250. I'll have to try some more 600ohm headphones with it. All I've tried so far is the AKG K240DF, which it does just an average job with,  nothing special. With most other headphones though it does a very good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back