Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Aug 20, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #316 of 415
Noise free Sylvania Bad Boy on its way back to me.  Still loving the single tube.  I look at the Super7 for instance and cry at what would be $350 in replacements, ouch.  Now I just need to get my Mjolnir and run it through an A/B to be 'done' for at least a little while :wink:

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #318 of 415
If the Dynahi.  Its one of those mythical beasts.  It's great and anyone can build one but no one does for some reason.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #319 of 415
Quote:
If the Dynahi.  Its one of those mythical beasts.  It's great and anyone can build one but no one does for some reason.

It's not easy at all, esp considering the custom heatsinking. Also, you have to have some knowledge of replacement parts unless you're building the new super symmetry Dynamite (balanced).

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #320 of 415
Doesn't change that its available to anyone who wants to have a go at it.  The unicorn I have coming is the super symmetry onboard heatsink version.  Be an easier sell if GlassJar had kits on the ready.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #322 of 415
I'm no expert but my understanding is the patent for it just went open and Kevin modded the input on the Dynahi with it.  Balanced only though.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #323 of 415
Quote:
I'm no expert but my understanding is the patent for it just went open and Kevin modded the input on the Dynahi with it.  Balanced only though.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the super symmetry as predicted by M Theory (squarks, etc...). 
tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #325 of 415
Quote:
Peter,

Waiting on your GS-X review?

Good news, my balanced QCables for my LCD-3 and HD800s shipped out today (thanks Steve 
smile.gif
 BTW). So I'll be able to hear the full gambit of what the GS-X can do. So far though, I'm thoroughly happy.....but hoping for even more "happiness" next week when I get the cables. 
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #329 of 415
Sylvania Bad Boys arrived this morning!
Wow! No noise, hum or buzzz...just clean music :D

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #330 of 415
My favourite with the Peak, no contest.  And after running the gambit, the Peak stayed in the end.  Considering the competition through here, that's quite the accomplishment.  I would still love to hear an EC BA but the chances of getting one used are about 0.

About the only thing I would change... shorter power cord.  Do I want to pay Pete $50 for it... still working that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back