Anyone use a Bedini Ultra Clarifier?
Jun 12, 2004 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Brandon_Ottawa

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone uses a Bedini Ultra Clarifier? There are two versions...the Bedini Dual Beam Ultra Clarifier (retail $190) and the Bedini Quadri Beam Ultra Clarifier (retail $300).

Clarif01a.gif

Here's the description of the quadri...it explains why it's worth $300.

"After several intensive years of research, Bedini has developed the new Ultra Clarifier "Quadri Beam". Now with four beams, nearly twice the rotation speed and improved timing processing, you can expect the very best treatment available. The new "Quadri Beam" extracts even more information, which has, to date, been masked by the discs` inherent problems in how the information is retrieved. If you are an owner of the previous Ultra Clarifier "Dual Beam" then you can expect to relive the experience again. We guarantee you will be listening to every disc you own as least one more time. With Bedini’s patented beam configuration, there is nothing on the market that can compare to the total listening experience you will “instantly” hear after treatment. Bedini has aligned four patented electromagnetic beams that penetrate the disc during rotation; in addition to this the rotation speed has been increased for an even dispersion of the specialized beams. What this means is that you can expect far more hidden information to be retrieved. The patented process` ability to reduce the noise floor even further allows you to enhance your listening pleasure to the extreme. If you are a audiophile or home theater enthusiast you can now truly experience the reality of the recorded media on any disc format. With the use of the new Ultra Clarifier "Quadri Beam," all pictures will be brighter and sharper and audio is crisper and cleaner. With its patented Electro Magnetic Beam Configuration, the Clarifier polarizes the polymer in such a way as to maximize the laser`s ability to retrieve stored data. By using the Ultra Clarifier "Quadri Beam" to treat your CDs before playing, you will discover a distinct improvement in video and audio quality."

It looks quite interesting to me. Look at this graph:

audiogr.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 31
I've got the earlier model, which only had a single beam. Sometimes I hear a pronounced effect, and other times I don't. However, this was starting to turn playing a CD into the same ritual I use for vinyl: Clean the CD, apply Auric Illuminator, use the Ultra Clarifier, and finally stick it into the player. If I'm going to go through all of that, I might as well use the Scout.

Jun 12, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 31
Newbie alert (I'm talking about me...please be patient).

What on Earth is this? Hidden data?!? The data on a CD is well known and can be verified. This is one of the things that makes using a computer source so great...use a program like EAC to read the CD once, and if the data is 100% perfect, save it as a losslessly encoded file (such as FLAC or Monkey).

This idea that somehow you can manipulate the CD to make the data (which cannot be changed) sound better just doesn't seem right to me. This sounds like something that would be more appropriate for analog sources (like vinyl).

If you had a damaged CD that couldn't be read without errors this might help (along the lines of those devices that are supposed to repair scratches and so forth), I guess. Or maybe this device introduces read errors, which somehow end up making the CD sound better?!?

I wonder what would happen if you used this on the Windows installation CD.

Jun 13, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith

Brilliant! I am sure Bill Gates would be thrilled to have his Windows OS subjected to such purification
biggrin.gif

What in the world does this device do anyway? I read the whole description, but can't in the world figure out what this thing does.

Jun 13, 2004 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
What in the world does this device do anyway? I read the whole description, but can't in the world figure out what this thing does.

Apparently, it spins around a CD soaked in ($12 a bottle) cleaning fluid, supposedly cleaning it ($300) better than your normal lint-free cloth and fluid. Oh, and it has OMG LASERS!!1@#$%^&* The only thing it can be expected to do functionally is make Bedini Electronics Inc a boatload of money. Quote:

The Ultra Clarifier is an extraordinary accessory that improves the sound of any disc, sometimes dramatically, by spinning it over a pulsed electromagnetic force. Bedini Electronics Inc. (www.bedini.com; 800-876-0299) of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, says it eliminates the electrostatic charge created in the manufacturing of the disc and through repeated use. This claim is a source of controversy because aluminum, at least on this planet, does not hold an electrostatic charge.

Hahahah. From the review on their site. Comedy Gold!

Jun 13, 2004 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_Ottawa
It looks quite interesting to me. Look at this graph:

audiogr.gif

While the image looks superficially like a "before and after" illustration, if you actually look at it you'll realize that it shows two completely different pieces of music.

Jun 13, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith

No more BSOD?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
While the image looks superficially like a "before and after" illustration, if you actually look at it you'll realize that it shows two completely different pieces of music.

That's how good it is, my friend!

Jun 14, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
If that picture is anywhere close to the truth then it would actually reduce the highest and lowest frequencies in your music. So a more appropriate name would be the Bedini detail lessifier
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think you can infer this from the picture. It's a graph of amplitude versus time. There's no information about the frequency domain provided.

It's meaningless anyway. The graphs show two different pieces of music, or two different parts of the same song. Like the Virtual Dynamics "Speed of Light" cables, this device may in fact do something, but the vendor either has no idea how it works or is simply being dishonest.

Jul 29, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #12 of 31
been raving about it since i treat my first disc.

the stuff is outstanding. My discs have taken on a new more satisfying personality.

more to follow, assuming i cant find a full review here at headfi.

Sean

Jul 29, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by spwal
cant find a review on the walker audio vivid.

Here is a a link where you can select the product you want reviews for, such as the Walker Vivid and SST. You will get quotes from actual reviews, and from there you may be able to find the original reviews (and some quotes are from customers):

http://www.walkeraudio.com/reviewers'_comments.htm

By the way, where did you get your Walker Vivid from? Thanks.

Jul 29, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #14 of 31
i got it from some place that walker recommended.

look the stuff aint cheap. my order is split with a friends to thats why i went for it (that and the money back 30 day trial).

thanks for the link.

Sean

Jul 29, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #15 of 31
Sean,

Thanks for the info. I called the number to the Walker business and ended up ordering the Vivid from one of the businesses they recommended. I ordered the Basic Kit which is less expensive than the regular kit. If this kit does what people are saying it does, then I suspect it will be worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back