Anyone use a Bedini Ultra Clarifier?
Jul 30, 2004 at 2:33 AM Post #16 of 31
SST has made my wadia come to life. i have oft complained to the uber hifi store :

"why cant my system soound like the ones in here?" the answers were often snide quips about room treatment this, cable that.....

vivd and sst have glued my system together....

http://www.walkeraudio.com/sst1.htm

i know its an enthusiastic rant, but ive now experienced first hand most of the comments in those professional reviews

Jul 30, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #17 of 31
Hi Sean,

I am planning on buying the SST. And your enthusiastic endorsement has only confirmed my decision. I just didn't buy it right now due to some money constraints. But I will get it as soon as possible. I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the endorsement.

Jul 30, 2004 at 12:57 PM Post #18 of 31
cool. im gonna edit out some of the enthusiasm now that you've read it. glad you are getting it.

ps you get ALOT more for the 70 dollar bottle of vivid, i think. Maybe if you really like it they can exchange at no cost to you.

I d say the small bottle is good for like 150-200 cds max.

later,

sean

post your thoughts on moth SST and vivid.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by spwal
ps you get ALOT more for the 70 dollar bottle of vivid, i think. Maybe if you really like it they can exchange at no cost to you.

I d say the small bottle is good for like 150-200 cds max.

I hear what you are saying. However, I have less than 50 cds right now. I am slowly building up a Classical collection.

Jul 30, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #20 of 31
i have a couple classical cds from the telarc label. fantastic recordings and you can find most of them for less than 5 bucks a pop on ebay
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_Ottawa
Nice link with some great CD tweaks. It's a wonder why he did not include the Audio Desk cd lathe.

I think part of the reason may be here:

5. Remove static on the CD/SACD/DVD by using the Mapleshade Iconoclast. Works similarly to the Zerostat (generally used on records/LPs) but way more powerful. Puts out both positive and negative Ions to completely de-static the CD. According so some, works better than demagnetizing the CD with either the Bidini Clarifier or a bulk eraser. The Iconoclast can be used on your cables for better sound as well.

http://www.tweakaudio.com/Cd%20tweaks.html

Aug 4, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #25 of 31
My previous site manager used to work for a company that repaired those. They gave him one while he was working there, and he passed it on to me when he learned I was an audiophile.

My impression is that they universally make the sound waay worse, particularly with DVDs. It gives anything used in it that hard, edgy, digital sound. When I told the site manager this, he told me that's what everyone at the company thought too. I ended up chucking it, and that's one less thing collecting dust in my closet.

Aug 4, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by greyhorse
My previous site manager used to work for a company that repaired those. They gave him one while he was working there, and he passed it on to me when he learned I was an audiophile.

My impression is that they universally make the sound waay worse, particularly with DVDs. It gives anything used in it that hard, edgy, digital sound. When I told the site manager this, he told me that's what everyone at the company thought too. I ended up chucking it, and that's one less thing collecting dust in my closet.

I think you have use this in conjunction with rainbow foils. The synergy is immeasurable.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 8, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #27 of 31
If you really think this is giving your system an 'edge' or an 'improvement' you are kidding yourself. Reading this thread makes me wonder what I could come up with to 'enhance' your listening experience. I'd say your listening experience would be improved much more by spending more time enjoying the music!

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #28 of 31
I saw something (from Japan I think) and you put a CD inside of it, turn it on and then it blasts the CD with light (they recommend only doing it twice at the most). Blasting the CD with light apparently gets rid of the air bubbles which makes the CD sound better
happy_face1.gif
. It cost something like $500 I think but I lost the website to it and I can't even remember the name
mad.gif
. Does anyone know what I'm talking about???

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While the image looks superficially like a "before and after" illustration, if you actually look at it you'll realize that it shows two completely different pieces of music.

exactly what he said! how stupid do they really think their customers are?

this is why some of us get so riled and end up here on our search for audio stuffs, there are so many liars trying to sell audio crap, and there's no other way to put it, they are fraudsters.

people have spent their entire lifetimes exploring the workings of electronics to bring us the modern world, technology, incredibly intelligent and dedicated people. and this is how we repay them...by degmagnetising plastic, or even the inks on them...so it doesn't corrupt the laser...

people who go for this crap should be ashamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back