Anyone like Rap? Care to recommand?
Jan 19, 2002 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I am not a huge fan of Hip-Hop and Rap, but I do listen to it occasionally. You have to admit that some black artists are very talented (r&b and soul artists).

I am listening to The Notorious BIG - Life After Death right now and I kinda like the rythm of this cd. Nothing too wild or hip-hop.

Does anyone know any other cd that I (or you) might find enjoyable? Maybe 2Pac?

Jan 19, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 24
You should really do a search
wink.gif
This topic generated a huge thread last month:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...?threadid=5294

Jan 19, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 24
There are all kinds of good hip-hop albums. I'm not a big fan of rap but tupac is the man. =)
If you want a taste of his music, get a good listen to 2 Pac: Greatest Hits. IMO, he is the greatest rapper of all time.

Jan 19, 2002 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 24
I don't like snoop doggs voice, no, Tupac for me!! - a great and versatile artist in my oppinion.

Jan 19, 2002 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 24
story? Children's Story on Everlast - Eat At Whitey's is fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Spooks are cool too. I don't know too much in this genre otherwise. Thongsong and MTV kinda killed it for me.

Jan 19, 2002 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 24
Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle - Lodi Dodi
biggrin.gif

S N double O P D O double G you see. Hehe, I like sn00p too.

Recent album| Nate Dogg: Music & Me
I love Nate Dogg, (all of 213 actually, Warren G: Return of the Regulator is great too, Butch Cassidy adds to his album greatly) such a mellow voice, great stories... It's a must have.

Jan 20, 2002 at 9:05 AM Post #10 of 24
tribe is good. especially midnight marauders and low end theory.

and y'all should check out Dr. Octogon AKA Kool Keith AKA ????
he raps about eating raw chicken wings and put out an album called Dr. Octogynacologist. He also claims to be the black elvis. needless to say, a modern day genius. very funky beats, bordering on the whack side of things... in a good way.

Jan 21, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #13 of 24
ya they did!! it was like a 10 min dj session. pretty wicked. first one was playing the drums, and the other dude was stratching with him, then they both scratched together. really really good, first time watching a dj stratch session.. my friends said it was pretty boring haha they dont really appreciate turntablism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back