Anyone like Rap? Care to recommand?
Jan 22, 2002 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 24
Your friends are "weird".
biggrin.gif

J5 rawks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #18 of 24
yeah pharcyde was great. i haven't heard their newest offering, so i can't comment on that, but labcabincalifornia and bizzare ride were spectacular albums. not quite as listenable over and over like tribe though.

another underrepresented favorite of mine: Ol Dirty person. his first CD is very funky, very dirty and nasty and a whole lot of fun. good beats and crazy rhymes too.

Jan 25, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #20 of 24
Check out: Fugees' - The Score.

One of my few and favorite rap CDs, even though my friends hate it. Some of the songs are good, and some not so good. But it's worth it for the good ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2002 at 12:29 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
Check out: Fugees' - The Score.

One of my few and favorite rap CDs, even though my friends hate it. Some of the songs are good, and some not so good. But it's worth it for the good ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have that cd for a long time now and i like it too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 5:34 PM Post #24 of 24
If you're looking for some hip hop that's a bit different from the norm, something that's just feel good music I suggest:

Jurassic 5 - Their first LP with Jayou and Concrete Schoolyard on it and new full length album Quality Control

Freestyle Fellowship - To Whom It may Concern and Innercity Griots

The Roots - ALL of their albums (though their older ones are slightly more feel good i.e. Do You Want More?!)

De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising (Come on you KNOW you at least heard of Me, Myself and I its a great song)

Blackalicious - A2G

Latryx - Not sure what the name of their first album is but I loved it. Just do a search on Google or something

Quannum Spectrum - a great compilation full of mc's and dj's you may never have heard of

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing (ok so maybe it's not a feel good album persay, but it's some of the best and most beautiful music produced by a DJ that I've heard)

Kid Koala - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (WAY experimental but give it a chance you might like it)

As for feel good rock music I would recommend any Queen album, EVERY Weezer album and The Strokes' debut album.

Thanks for reading my way too long and boring post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back