Anyone like fast cars?
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #61 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned a few fast cars. Still have a "slightly" modded STi that runs solid 12's and is a beast on the laps. I sold my last project car in the spring. 600hp DSM (95 GST). Talk about stupid, 536hp to the wheels in a FWD car. Even with a built tranny and limited slip I did not get traction till around 65-70 mph. I built it as a top end car, for what reason I still have not figured out. If and when I buy another sports car, I have a different set of priorities. All this power manufacturers are throwing around is mostly useless in my driving environment. Give a me light toss-able chassis, great handling and brakes with a reasonable amount of power. I drive a 06 Si everyday, which is a great little commuter car that still has a little fun in it. It is by no stretch of the imagination fast, but it is fun to zip around in. I'm hoping the joint venture between Subaru and Toyota to create a light RWD car in he vein of the AE86 is realized.

Friend of mine had a very built Laser that was fast as hell...until a Dodge pickup ran it over in a parking lot one night. Only thing I hated about that car was turbo lag.

I like twisties, but I'm a straight-line guy. My daily driver has BFG drag radials on it, if that's an indication of how much I like going fast, fast.

Jul 24, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #62 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Friend of mine had a very built Laser that was fast as hell...until a Dodge pickup ran it over in a parking lot one night. Only thing I hated about that car was turbo lag.

eek.gif
Wow, that must've been something to look at... (pics?)

Quote:

I like twisties, but I'm a straight-line guy. My daily driver has BFG drag radials on it, if that's an indication of how much I like going fast, fast.

Drag radial
eek.gif
sweet...
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #63 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
Wow, that must've been something to look at... (pics?)

Drag radial
eek.gif
sweet...
biggrin.gif

Didn't get any as it was a few years back, but pretty much the front of the car from the windshield forward was either missing (strewn across the parking lot) or pancaked.

Drag radials are fun but as soon as you try to hit a corner they're like "Oh ho SCREW YOU BUDDY!" and just flop over onto the sidewall. I went from Nittos which, granted don't hook worth a damn even being DRs, but had a decently stiff sidewall so I could corner with them, to the BFGs that roll the sidewall if you even think about a hard corner. Unfortunately, with a 6 speed and 4.10s, I need all the sticky I can get back there for launches.

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The interior was one of the big changes from the C5 to the C6. I'm 6'3" and I fit very comfortably inside. I should have taken a pic of the cargo area as well because it really is huge for a car of this class. The Corvette is an amazingly practical car for its type.

The other amazing thing is 6th gear. Unless you're going over 65, it's worthless. 70 is 1500 RPM, 80 is 1700 RPM and 100 is right around 2100 RPM. Given the 6600 RPM redline, it is theoretically good for 308 MPH!

On the other hand, I can get ~28 MPG @ 70 MPH in 6th.

I love my 2007 C6 Vette with 6 speed MT. I'm a big guy and it is very comfortable - not to mention the 24 mpg average I get. I travel 42 miles each way to work, 1/2 highway and half back roads and this car is so fun to drive. There is nothing better in good weather. A bargain of a sports car and an American classic. If the weather is bad, I revert to my 98 diesel Beetle with 140,000+ miles, 46 mpg and still going strong.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #67 of 87
Al4x;4517313 said:
thats why im after an exige, only about 200 horse power, about 150 top speed, but 0-60 in 5 seconds, handling is meant to be amazing withthe right tyres, with the toyota 1.8 vvt-i engine 6 speed transmission

I'm not a big fan of that Toyota motor. Im going to wait for the Subaru/Toyota project to play out.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #68 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jdm42.jpg

Ive ridden in several R32s and R34s. I was never really that impressed. They have a ton of potential but are like Supras, they take a ton of cash to make fast.

Most people dont realize how heavy those cars are.

Give me a S14 with RB26TT swap.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #69 of 87
Quote:

Ive ridden in several R32s and R34s. I was never really that impressed. They have a ton of potential but are like Supras, they take a ton of cash to make fast.

Most people dont realize how heavy those cars are.

Give me a S14 with RB26TT swap.

Hell, a Bluebird with a built ka24dett would be pretty interesting.

Jul 25, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #70 of 87
I love fast cars: 1972 'vette 454 (that is me in the yellow shirt)
carshow024gm9.jpg

...yeah we can pretend that is mine. I actually drive a 05 Hyundai accent that barely gets over 100hp.
frown.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #71 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love fast cars: 1972 'vette 454 (that is me in the yellow shirt)
carshow024gm9.jpg

...yeah we can pretend that is mine. I actually drive a 05 Hyundai accent that barely gets over 100hp.
frown.gif

Those are extremely popular back where I used to live. They were pretty fun to race most of the time, because they typically weren't really that fast (except for one that had a 12-71 blown 572), and most of them ran hard tires on the back, meaning that all that torque those old-school big blocks made was wasted on a huge burnout and no real acceleration. By the time they were into 2nd gear, I was shutting down.

Jul 25, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #72 of 87
Quote:

Hell, a Bluebird with a built ka24dett would be pretty interesting.

I love fast four doors. Why would you use the USDM long block though? I would use the RB25T, nice inline 6 already setup for boost. I have a friend here in town that does SR20 swaps and the kids eat them up. It's still 2k for redtop front clip around here and they are not that great stock. Horrible stock turbos, like the 2g DSMs. But, I do love me some fast cars.

"If you're not first, you're last."

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #73 of 87
Quote:

I love fast four doors. Why would you use the USDM long block though? I would use the RB25T, nice inline 6 already setup for boost. I have a friend here in town that does SR20 swaps and the kids eat them up. It's still 2k for redtop front clip around here and they are not that great stock. Horrible stock turbos, like the 2g DSMs. But, I do love me some fast cars.

Because I have a personal distaste for anything JDM, and I think a turbo ka would be pretty fun, not to mention pretty unique.

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #74 of 87
Ive seen a bunch of turbo KAs. They remind me of the SRT4 motors. Gobs of torque but hardly any power band. The KA is essentially the 4 banger out of the Nissan Hard Body pick up. We got screwed on the 240s.

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #75 of 87
Quote:

Another fast four door fan here. How about a Toyota Chaser? Supra engine, 4 doors, very comfortable car.

My sort of fast four door is an S65AMG, M5 though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back