Anyone like fast cars?
Jul 19, 2008 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

DemonicLemming

500+ Head-Fier
Sort of curious if anyone here owns or races any sort of fast cars, new, old, 1320', autocross/roadrace, whatever. If you do, post some pictures and the mod list, if you have one.

Quick rev audio clip: duals.mp3 - 1.05MB

1999 Trans Am, 6 speed. Couple mods....Whisper lid, LS6 intake, long tube headers with air and EGR removed, custom 3" true dual exhaust with no cats, bullet mufflers, dumped at the axle, Textralia single-disc clutch with aluminum flywheel, Pro 5.0 short shifter with LSS stick, updated clutch hydraulics, 4.10 gears out back, Strano front and rear sway bars, UMI subframe connectors, panhard rod, and torque arm, DMS springs and custom-valved Strano Bilstein shocks.

Not a WS.6, has a US Exotics WS.9 Outlaw hood on it, which has a much higher cowl than the stock WS.6 hood, plus Firehawk-style heat extractors.

Next major mod is a 9" rear end with 4.10s, then probably a decent little cam, and I'll save up some money for a fully tubular front suspension and k-member setup, a 477ci LSX making about 700rwhp N/A, and a 6 point cage. I'm married to her and the nice thing is, she never complains when I buy her something that wasn't exactly what she wanted. Haven't run at the track yet to get times because of the stock 10 bolt (extremely weak axle) but she's probably good for a 12.2 or so.

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 87
/me love fast cars!
smily_headphones1.gif

Driven some quite fast ones (M3, 400hp Honda Civic, modified GMC Syclone, ...), but never owned one.

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 87
Sadly, only in my dreams... I drive a civic that falls significantly short of the 400hp krmathis mentioned. And, since it's summer, the air conditioner enables super-negative-horsepower mode (ie mini-vans pass me at stop lights).

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's an '08 C6 MT in the garage with performance exhaust. Don't have any good pics of it if you can believe it.

C6 MT? What kind of car is that...

Jul 19, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C6 MT? What kind of car is that...

Corvette C6 with a manual transmission, I believe.

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Corvette C6 with a manual transmission, I believe.

Ok, thats more understandable for those of us who are not all into american cars..
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #11 of 87
It's not terribly fast off the line, but I have a much-loved FC3S RX-7. It's the best driving car I've ever driven... if only the 13B didn't suck gas like a V8.

Also an old Mercury Comet (302) that was my first car and the regular driver, a Scion tC. Both are lots of fun to drive.

All of them are dead stock, though I'm getting ready to convert the Comet to four wheel power disc brakes. It would be a lot more driveable.

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #13 of 87
I was driving around in the late 90's early 00's with a 200HP NA Civic, when a 200WHP FWD car was something to be reckoned with. I had a Cavalier with 350 nitrous'd HP to the wheels and was considered something fierce (for the couple months it ran, lol), but nowadays would barely keep up with a boosted Sti....if at all.

I had a 71 super beetle that was getting built up with 200WHP, Porsche brakes and suspension and would be in the 11's...but I never got around to getting all the parts out of my room and onto the car...

Nowadays, 200HP comes on a stock Si, and 350HP from the factory attainable with just a boost controller is nothing special.

I loathe imports now. I also loathe anybody who thinks they're "madness" behind the wheel. 500HP...gimme a break. 90WHP is all it takes to beat you on two wheels, half the time it can be done on just one. Gas mileage and performance...I'll have my cake and eat it too
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #14 of 87
I want an audi S8.

(has nothing to do with my avatar)
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #15 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thats more understandable for those of us who are not all into american cars..
tongue.gif

ie me, never like mercs infact im very fussy about cars, never been able to have one i wanted till this winter comming

here comes my dream car!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back