Anyone like fast cars?
Jul 22, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #46 of 87
The last fast car i had was 68 Z28 and that was almost 30 years ago
miss it yes, do it again maybe if i hit the lottery. The last fast bike i
had was a 2003 HD Fatboy with a lot of motor work miss it the most.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #47 of 87
I'm soo looking forward to booking an exige test drive
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #51 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
f_1984930m_db2bdba.jpg

Nice!
biggrin.gif

I sure love those classical 911's...

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #52 of 87
I have a soft spot for older Porsches, but I doubt their handling ability compared to their newer models.

But they still look nice, especially in black
biggrin.gif

My father has a '01 Mustang GT that he superchanged. 'Nuff said
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #53 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
f_1984930m_db2bdba.jpg

very nice, but ive never been a fan of porsche, ferrari, most cars american

did see a lambo today, i thought, there goes a house lol

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #55 of 87
2694177179_540e1ab1d7_b.jpg

Sure looks fast, but I didn't get to drive it...

It's been sitting in my company's foyer as a promotion for the Singapore F1 Grand Prix.

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #56 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did see a lambo today, i thought, there goes a house lol

Yea, I like porsches unlike you, I love the curvy shape how it goes up with a curve and slowly slopes down in the back, the sort of look from the side Porsches and the 350z has, the hatchbackish rear end.

But yea, Lambo is way too expensive, 300k USD for a car, I would rather buy a Lotus Exige S240 for 65k and only lose .5 seconds on the zero to sixty time while getting excellent 20/26 for MPG C/H vs about 6 no matter where you are on in a Lambo.

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #57 of 87
I have owned a few fast cars. Still have a "slightly" modded STi that runs solid 12's and is a beast on the laps. I sold my last project car in the spring. 600hp DSM (95 GST). Talk about stupid, 536hp to the wheels in a FWD car. Even with a built tranny and limited slip I did not get traction till around 65-70 mph. I built it as a top end car, for what reason I still have not figured out. If and when I buy another sports car, I have a different set of priorities. All this power manufacturers are throwing around is mostly useless in my driving environment. Give a me light toss-able chassis, great handling and brakes with a reasonable amount of power. I drive a 06 Si everyday, which is a great little commuter car that still has a little fun in it. It is by no stretch of the imagination fast, but it is fun to zip around in. I'm hoping the joint venture between Subaru and Toyota to create a light RWD car in he vein of the AE86 is realized.

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #58 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned a few fast cars. Still have a "slightly" modded STi that runs solid 12's and is a beast on the laps. I sold my last project car in the spring. 600hp DSM (95 GST). Talk about stupid, 536hp to the wheels in a FWD car. Even with a built tranny and limited slip I did not get traction till around 65-70 mph. I built it as a top end car, for what reason I still have not figured out. If and when I buy another sports car, I have a different set of priorities. All this power manufacturers are throwing around is mostly useless in my driving environment. Give a me light toss-able chassis, great handling and brakes with a reasonable amount of power. I drive a 06 Si everyday, which is a great little commuter car that still has a little fun in it. It is by no stretch of the imagination fast, but it is fun to zip around in. I'm hoping the joint venture between Subaru and Toyota to create a light RWD car in he vein of the AE86 is realized.

thats why im after an exige, only about 200 horse power, about 150 top speed, but 0-60 in 5 seconds, handling is meant to be amazing withthe right tyres, with the toyota 1.8 vvt-i engine 6 speed transmission

ooh, i think i may have to leave for a bit ...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back