Anyone know where I can purchase the Ultrasone PRO 900?
Mar 18, 2011 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

sysfail

500+ Head-Fier
I've been shopping around for an Ultrasone PRO 900 for a while now, but they are all about $500+ which is way too high. I know BuyAuthorized from ebay sells them for $320 if made an offer but I've been checking his page everyday for the past month or so now, and he hasn't had them in stock for a while now. I even sent him a message on ebay twice wondering when he'll have them in stock, but he never replied. I also tried offering Moon Audio on ebay $320 for their PRO 900 because BuyAuthorized can go that low, and they messaged me back saying that the ones from BuyAuthorized are probably fake/b-stock and that they would go out of business if they sold it for that low. I know that probably isn't true since many of you bought the PRO 900 from BuyAuthorized and said it's legit. I've also been hunting the FS thread for a PRO 900, and the 2 times a PRO 900 went up, others beat me to them.
frown.gif
So I'm kind of bummed out right now, these are the last headphones I plan on getting and I can't find them for a reasonable price anywhere. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 39
Mar 18, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 39
I would be VERY suspicious of any eBay seller that is selling something at 1/2 the price of other retailers.  Someone who bought from them may have a fake and not even know it.

China has a huge underground counterfeit manufacturing economy making everything from USB thumb drives to womens hand bags to golf clubs to headphones.  And they look very convincing because they can make all the logos and packaging that looks just like the real thing.

For every headphone in the world there is one that sounds 90% as good for 1/2 the price.

EDIT:

This is from a Buyauthorized auction for a Ultrasone Pro750 under the Item condition:

New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

It sounds like you'd be buying a returned item or refurb.  Its tough to make out exactly what it is but anything less than new retail packaging is suspect and if they aren't making it clear exactly what it is they are selling, I'd say no way.  It just seems a bit shady.

On the other hand if you know you aren't getting a new retail packaged item and are OK with that for the savings go with it. Personally I'd rather pay for new with return/exchange policies I'm comfortable with, or look for a used item from a fellow Head-Fier I trust.

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 39
No way, pretty much everyone on the "Ultrasone PRO 900 Appreciation Thread" bought theirs from BuyAuthorized. If they were fake, I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed by now. He isn't a seller from China either. I'd never buy anything from China on ebay lol.

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 39
OK I looked at the seller. I agree he's probably not selling fakes, but from the above quoted auction it looks like he does carry returns/seconds/refurbs.

And that's fine as long as folks understand that that is what they are buying, and can live with the return/exchange policy of the seller.  And customer service is another thing.  The auction page may say they accept returns but man some sellers turn out to be real jerks about such things and getting them to honor their policies is like pulling teeth.  I'm not saying this one is like that but you don't want to find out the hard way.

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 39
Yeah definitely. Just by him not replying to 2 of my messages I've sent to him shows I won't be getting much customer service, so I hope I won't have to go through that if I ever have to buy it from him.

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #9 of 39
Not sure, from what I read the Sony XBs have more "boom" in bass while the PRO 900 has more "punch" probably.

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 39
I just bought a pair of hfi 580's from buyauthorized. They are definitely new and on his posting it says they are new, just open box. Also, he is at like 37,000 feedback with 100% so it seems like he deals out pretty good stuff. If you  offer some of they guys on ebay selling the pro 900's they will accept an offer of around 370-390, but it that's too expensive still, then you're out of luck until buyauthorized gets another batch

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #11 of 39

Quote:
I just bought a pair of hfi 580's from buyauthorized. They are definitely new and on his posting it says they are new, just open box. Also, he is at like 37,000 feedback with 100% so it seems like he deals out pretty good stuff. If you  offer some of they guys on ebay selling the pro 900's they will accept an offer of around 370-390, but it that's too expensive still, then you're out of luck until buyauthorized gets another batch

$370 is as low as they go? That is still quite high, well I'm still waiting on BuyAuthorized to have them in stock again. Wish he'd reply to my message so I know if he ever will, but hopefully he does.

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #12 of 39
I bought my PRO900 from buyuthorized and they look brand new, not a smudge or a fingerprint on anything, all the protective vinyl films intact. I highly doubt mine were b-stock or a return. They shipped them the day after I ordered. I did, however, try to contact him via eBay message but he never replied. Adorama sells them for 399 so I don't think it's ridiculous of a price at 320. Heck, D7000 goes for 999 and I got them for 650 and I know some people paid under 600 for them. And, no, they are not fake because fake headphones wouldn't sound this good :)

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 39

Quote:
I bought my PRO900 from buyuthorized and they look brand new, not a smudge or a fingerprint on anything, all the protective vinyl films intact. I highly doubt mine were b-stock or a return. They shipped them the day after I ordered. I did, however, try to contact him via eBay message but he never replied. Adorama sells them for 399 so I don't think it's ridiculous of a price at 320. Heck, D7000 goes for 999 and I got them for 650 and I know some people paid under 600 for them. And, no, they are not fake because fake headphones wouldn't sound this good
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha yeah I'm sure those aren't fakes. I really do wish BuyAuthorized would reply to my messages though! I'm getting really impatient as I have been wanting to get them for a while now.
frown.gif
Recently, I have been looking at the Denon D2000/D5000 and might even consider getting one of those instead for around the $320 price tag (new or used) if those PRO 900s don't show up soon with the right price!

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #14 of 39
I messaged buyauthorized a few weeks ago about when he was getting more in and he told me he has an order with ultrasone but they are on backorder even from the manufacturer. He sent me a reply within that day. So he will get more in just a matter of when. I got lucky and just bought a pair of a fellow member here, just waiting for them to arrive.

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #15 of 39

Quote:
I messaged buyauthorized a few weeks ago about when he was getting more in and he told me he has an order with ultrasone but they are on backorder even from the manufacturer. He sent me a reply within that day. So he will get more in just a matter of when. I got lucky and just bought a pair of a fellow member here, just waiting for them to arrive.

That was a few weeks ago, so hopefully he gets them real soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back