Anyone here use curtain wall hooks to store their headphones?
Jun 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

gohanssjn

100+ Head-Fier
So, I have these:

Shure SRH840
Sennheiser HD212pro
Shure SE310

I want to store them in my office above my desk so the dog can't get to any of it if he were so inclined.  I was thinking of curtain wall hooks for the larger phones.  Anyone try this?  Does it work well?

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 22
Never tried that, but I just wanted to say I think I've seen some of those wooden dowels at like Home Depot or Lowes that have like wood screws on one end. . .could maybe screw those into your wall and hang the headphones.  Those might give you a little more depth to hang the phones on.  I could somehow be making these up in my head, but I swear I've seen what I speak of before. . .I'm thinking they were like maybe 1 to 2 inches in diam. and about 4 to 6 inches long?

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 22

Quote:

I want to store them in my office above my desk so the dog can't get to any of it if he were so inclined.  

Sorry, couldn't resist.
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 22
I found a few solid plastic door stops from home depot easily screw into the wood on the side of my book case and work well for me.  They hold headphones, hold cables, are cheap, and they look good.

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 22
Jun 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #9 of 22
What about a simple hat rack?

or maybe something like this. . .

. . .just ideas

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 22
Put one of those electric shock mat things on the floor under your headphones. That'll teach the dog to mess with your headphones! lol. jk.

I actually stepped on one of those shock mat things at my friend's house, and they actually do hurt a bit.

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
Put one of those electric shock mat things on the floor under your headphones. That'll teach the dog to mess with your headphones! lol. jk.

I actually stepped on one of those shock mat things at my friend's house, and they actually do hurt a bit.

Did you then step on it again just to see how it was. . .again?  I know I probably would. . .
rolleyes.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #13 of 22
Jun 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #14 of 22
Jun 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #15 of 22
If your office desk is in a man cave or somewhere that can handle a bit of industrial look, you can use woodworking spring clamps clamped to the edge of a bookshelf.  You can get them cheap at Home Depot or your local hardware store.  Clamp them to a shelf and hang the headphones on the handle.  Quick and cheap.  And when they're not holding headphones they can be used for DIY projects.

Here's a pic of one:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back